Buying Battle.net authenticator

85 Orc Warrior
Hello
I was wondering if there is an alternative way to buy authenticator for your battle.net account other than blizzard store? I know about the cell phone options but my phone is so old that it doesn't support that.
The reason why I am asking is that my current bank has these weird options for when it comes to paying online with my credit card. My bank has a setting that the card can't be used to pay online only if the site takes you to web site of the bank where you can pay the product like a bill.
To make it easier to understand, the website claims that I don't have correct information about my card, which is not true. (and I do know how to use credit cards online and have done that before with other cards so that is not the case :))
Edited by Couerty on 14/03/2011 15:53 GMT
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
85 Draenei Shaman
Do you perhaps have a suitable mobile device instead?

http://mobile.blizzard.com/

Or if you have an Iphone or Ipod touch, you can download a free app from the app store "Blizzard Mobile Authenticator"
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Well I said about my mobile phone that its too old for that so that isn't an option unfortunately
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
85 Draenei Shaman
14/03/2011 4:32 PMPosted by Couerty
Well I said about my mobile phone that its too old for that so that isn't an option unfortunately

So you did, sorry!

There are other online stores that sell the authenticator such as Gameuk.com but I would think all of these sites will likely only accept credit/debit cards I am afraid.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Well I have to see if any of those sites take my credit card, thanks for helping me out!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warlock
I have seen the authenticators for sale in Game, the store as opposed to online, for £9.99 in either WoW or Starcraft look. I haven't seen them in HMV or Gamestation though they may sell them too. Though this is reliant on you being in the UK as I can't talk about other countries.
Edited by Salthina on 14/03/2011 20:22 GMT
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hello there Couerty,

Obviously, when it comes to us selling the physical Authenticators directly, I’m afraid we only do so through the Blizzard Store. There are however, as Shammoz and Salthina suggest, a few shops and sites out there where you may also be able to acquire one, so it may be worth looking around.

If this isn’t successful, as a last resort how about asking a friend or relative if you may be able to make use of their card in order to purchase a token from our Online Store? I understand that this obviously wouldn’t be ideal, but hopefully you’ll be able to work something out either way – best of luck! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]