Account got locked?

85 Human Warlock
I was playing, i've DC and my account got locked.
If i go to the page linked when i try to login it says there is an hack attempt on my account??

I did notice when i login to forums today my charachers were like in a different order.
Problem is i do not know what to do, i need some help :s

I've also been receiving fake emails, and i cannot see which one is real and which one isn't anymore :s

please i need some help :(

edit: there is a 3-step email to restore my account, but the link it gives takes me to a page that does not exsist. Any tips?
Edited by Deadboyz on 14/03/2011 20:44 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I have one e-mail with an exclamation mark (i'm not from england but its: !).
Could this be the real one? It is couple days old but in all the fake makes I've probaly read over it :s

edit: sorry i saw blue post now :s
Edited by Deadboyz on 14/03/2011 20:28 GMT
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Good evening Deadboyz,

I’m glad you’ve been able to locate one of our official posts, and I hope it provided relevant insight on your specific situation here.

As I’m not too certain where you are along the recover process now, I’ll go with your most recent edit and explain about the email that you should hopefully have been sent (I’m assuming the one you mention was a genuine one, but your issues with the third link don’t sound quite so convincing).

At any rate, in order to regain control of your account, you’ll be needing to change your password so, regardless of the specific link from the mail, you should be able to do so by following the link below;
https://eu.battle.net/account/support/password-reset.html

Once these instructions have been followed, please keep an eye on your registered email address for a further email. Hopefully you’ll be able to access your account again in no time, but if you have any further queries then please don’t hesitate to ask. :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Good evening Deadboyz,

I’m glad you’ve been able to locate one of our official posts, and I hope it provided relevant insight on your specific situation here.

As I’m not too certain where you are along the recover process now, I’ll go with your most recent edit and explain about the email that you should hopefully have been sent (I’m assuming the one you mention was a genuine one, but your issues with the third link don’t sound quite so convincing).

At any rate, in order to regain control of your account, you’ll be needing to change your password so, regardless of the specific link from the mail, you should be able to do so by following the link below;
[url]https://eu.battle.net/account/support/password-reset.html[/url]

Once these instructions have been followed, please keep an eye on your registered email address for a further email. Hopefully you’ll be able to access your account again in no time, but if you have any further queries then please don’t hesitate to ask. :)

I thank you for the quick response. I've menaged trough the link you've posted to reset my password and I am logged in again, on first sight i see no items missing.

Altho, on the e-mail I have received (first one), the link send me to a page my browser was unable to find. I do not know if this is a bug or not, just wanted to give you a heads up.

I have also scanned my computer with various scanners and they all result into nothing being infected.

So i'm actually all good now, thanks!
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
The link in the original email normally points to a generic ‘www’ version of the Battle.net page, which your browser would then hopefully interpret as either ‘eu’ or ‘us’ and redirect you accordingly – the password reset can be done through either, so normally this wouldn’t be an issue. It’s strange that you say this didn’t happen, but if your account is ever locked in this way again then you now have a working link to start the process. :)

As for why it was locked, it could well be that there was no hack attempt at all – this type of account lock is performed by our automated security software when it suspects that the person accessing the account may no longer be you. Unfortunately this may mean it gets triggered if you go travelling and try to login, if you suddenly reset your connection and pick up a very different IP, or perhaps if you’re making use of an IP proxy or tunnelling service.

If any of these sound likely, hopefully you now have your answer, and it’s good to hear you’re back online again. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]