Hey, GM can we "talk"?

85 Undead Mage
hey :)
i'm just wondring why don't blizz have GM suport ingame where we can talk and not write, because, i think that will make it a lot more easy for thos how are poor at english as myself.
and this will get the job done a lot faster :)

Please give me your opinion :)

Murkal
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Talking's not going to make your english any better...
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
if your problem can;t be solved r they don;t understand they'll ask for a chat with you
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Leeth... this is not going to make anyonce english better it's all about to understand and make things go faster :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
With chat they can easily have 2-4 chats going on at same time, more if the customers are lagging with their replies. Not really possible with voice chat, so having one would further add to the already long queue times.
Reply Quote
Well because GM's do their work through text, this means they can potentially be servicing multiple tickets at once. If that is the case, then speaking to players one at a time would make the queues longer.

Also, text is much easier to read than it is to understand the sound of an odd accent from a player who doesn't have very good english.

...and I don't think they want to hear players raging at the them because of their class or a ninja looter.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

Well because GM's do their work through text, this means they can potentially be servicing multiple tickets at once

this can be true always had a big gap between gm answers ore its massive lag
Reply Quote
84 Draenei Paladin
12/03/2011 3:36 PMPosted by Jen
Also, text is much easier to read than it is to understand the sound of an odd accent from a player who doesn't have very good english.

I know a lot of people who are very good with english when speaking, but are yet to learn the language through writing. This goes for many languages really.. If you were born english and learning japanese.. you're not so sure how the symbols should sound so it's easier to learn the language through speaking.

The current contact by phone isn't used for in-game issues like raid bosses being bugged or something.. it's used for account issues etc. They'll likely tell you to contact a GM using the in-game help.

You also need to understand that there is more than one GM.. so a couple GM's could be assigned to give help through voice and giving that option in the GM help window in-game. So this wouldn't affect the normal queue times, it would just give you more of a queue time if you wish to use the voice option of the service.
(Plus, there's already voice chat available in-game, it's just rarely used by most people. It wouldn't be hard to add the capability GM's to communicate from it).
Reply Quote

I know a lot of people who are very good with english when speaking, but are yet to learn the language through writing.

Well if they're playing a game like WoW, they better learn how to write it fast because all communication done within the game is done through text. The existing voip tool in WoW isn't used for a reason - it's not very good.

Another thing to add would be imagine the amount of work Blizzard would have to put into completely redesigning the GM client of WoW and the ticket client for players, to facilitate for voice chat between GMs and players.

It's not going to happen.
Edited by Jen on 12/03/2011 21:04 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/03/2011 8:39 PMPosted by Alystra

I know a lot of people who are very good with english when speaking, but are yet to learn the language through writing. This goes for many languages really.. If you were born english and learning japanese.. you're not so sure how the symbols should sound so it's easier to learn the language through speaking.

Abstracting from that english is far from strange symbols I haven't yet seen a foreigner who speaks better then writes.
Unless we talk about school kids, but well... they should do their homework first.

and ... please forgive me my bad english.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
can´t chat by game master :-(
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
14/07/2011 16:34Posted by Thràllz
can´t chat by game master :-(

You necroed this thread for that reply?
-_-'
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]