"Return to Azeroth with 7 Days Free Game Time‏"

86 Worgen Mage
So I opened up my email inbox just now and theres a message from Blizzard Entertainment in there. Normally I dont give them too much credit since it's normally scams but this one looks oddly legitimate so it lead me here.

Basically its offering my 7 days of free game time to come back to WoW. What gets me is that it has happened before and it was real. Anyway my question is, is this real this time? are blizzard giving out free game time again?

And if so, well dang it all blizz you have some timing! I just resubbed last saturday after a 2 month break, could'a used that free time about a week ago XD
Reply Quote
Customer Service
The best thing to do would be to check the header Castelu of the e-mail and make sure it has come from a reputable source (I.e us).

If you would like information on how to do this, then you are welcome to check out this Support Article.

How to Identify "Spoofed" Email Addresses
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_GB&articleId=43010

You are also welcome to take a look at our sticky on fake e-mails here. :)

Fake or ‘Phishing’ E-mails from Blizzard
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900641151
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
That particular email is a scam. I got the same one and it does indeed look very legitimate. Whoever made it went to a lot of trouble and it'll probably catch more than a few people off-guard.

However, it's NOT legitimate, as you'll see if you closely examine all the URL's. Another tip-off is that it's sent out to people with an active subscription, yet still retains the same "Return to" heading.
Edited by Kilava on 24/03/2011 17:29 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]