Weekly Heroic Dungeon Valor Point Cap in 4.1

(Locked)

Community
Right now, you receive 70 VP for the first random Cataclysm Heroic dungeon you complete each day. In 4.1, you'll receive 70 VP for the first seven random Cataclysm Heroic dungeons you complete each week. Similarly, you'll receive 140 VP for the first seven random Rise of the Zandalari Heroic dungeons (the new Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub instances) you complete in the week, too. Collectively, you'll be able to earn up to 980 VP exclusively from Heroic dungeons, which in turn will count towards your weekly 1250 VP cap.

By transitioning random Heroic dungeon rewards from a daily format to a weekly one, we'll be able to give players more control and flexibility over how they can earn VP -- which is cool! -- but this also means that we've a lot more book-keeping to do in terms of where those points are coming from. To help with that, we're adding a "Valor Point bar" (similar to an XP bar) to the top of Dungeon Finder UI that will track your weekly cap, as well as how many Heroics you can still run for VP during the week.

We're going to be writing up a pretty big blog about that system since it's somewhat complicated, but here's what you can take away right now:

• In 4.1, running random Heroic dungeons for VP is now something you can do on your own schedule. Feel like spending your entire Saturday queuing up as random? No problem!

• The first seven random Rise of the Zandalari Heroics you run for the week will award 140 VP each. This is double the VP that you’ll receive from your first seven random "tier 1" Cataclysm Heroics, since the dungeons are considered a "step up" in difficulty.

• You'll be able to randomly queue for the Rise of the Zandalari Heroics separately from the tier 1 Cataclysm Heroic dungeons.

• Each week you can earn up to 980 VP just by running random Heroic dungeons. If you want to maximize your VP gains, you can still reach the overall weekly cap of 1250 by defeating raid level content.

This isn't yet on the PTR for testing. We'll let you know when it is, though, and will continue to provide more information as the development of 4.1 progresses.
7 of the new heroics in a day, lovely job. Might even tempt me back into 5 mans.

One question. Will the epic items from the new heroics be disenchant-able?
90 Undead Rogue
wonderfull, now i dont need to logout after my daily heroic
90 Draenei Hunter
I see no reason to make them non-disenchantable
That drop will be good for people like me - I raid twice a weak, but had badluck on drops, so most my epic PvE gear is for points. Now I maybe will have Epics from dungeon.
And I really like the idea of 7 weekly instead of daily + gear between HCs and Raids in 4.1 HCs

Maybe its some balance with PvP - Conquest points also have a weekly cap -> one more reason to like this change
85 Human Priest
It's been said that while you can disenchant the drops, it won't be Maelstrom crystals that it DE's into
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Will you be making changes to the daily guild experience cap as well?

Consider the scenario where a guild schedules to do the runs in a full guild-group in quick succession, for a small guild you can probably do most of them in a day. You would cap out experience really fast and then be stuck for the rest of the week. It's the same problem as with raids at the moment, on farm days you reach the cap very quickly but every other day you barely nudge it.

Guild rep is on a weekly cap so there should be no reason why experience could be as well.
yay!!!! thats a much more flexible system for us who go to work, and possibly cant log in every day to get points... thanks!!!
85 Human Paladin
Wow, so the only benefit VP wise you get from raiding i 270p.

The idea of this new cap with Cataclysm sounded great at first, no need to run daily heroics if you raided and more points from raiding then if you just ran daily heroics. Now you have to clear 12/12 and BH on 25man to cap and if Firelands will have a similar VP / Boss scenario you will actually have to spend more time raiding per point then doing daily hc.

Now it sounds more like being a raider you get the short end of the stick.
90 Human Priest

The idea of this new cap with Cataclysm sounded great at first, no need to run daily heroics if you raided and more points from raiding then if you just ran daily heroics. Now you have to clear 12/12 and BH on 25man to cap and if Firelands will have a similar VP / Boss scenario you will actually have to spend more time raiding per point then doing daily hc.

Consider yourself lucky that you have a raiding team. Plus, VP can only buy you so many things. People with access to Nefarion/Cho'gall loot get access to so much more.

OT: I would like to say thank you. I welcome this change with open arms. :)
85 Tauren Shaman
definetly a good change , a weekly limit makes far more sense than a daily limit , far more flexible.
55 Human Death Knight
7 of the new heroics in a day, lovely job. Might even tempt me back into 5 mans.

One question. Will the epic items from the new heroics be disenchant-able?

I very much hope so. 15,000 gold for an enchant is silly as the Maelstrom crystals are just too expensive.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I still read the weekly cap like this:
- Raiders shouldn't have to run daily (weekly) heroics, they are boring as hell (after a year). You get all you can have from raiding. (If you were in a top end guild, you'd be forced to run your daily heroic to get all VP *plus* raiding.)
- While non-raiders can still be competitve in heroics (and not become overly outgeared in two weeks).

OP: (Like) :)
85 Human Hunter
Great change. I like it.
85 Night Elf Druid
This is a great idea, there is so much pressure put on tanks in 5-mans to get the job done quickly so that the daily VP's can be gathered it has stripped the fun out of HC's IMO.

In our realm the tank pool seems to be getting less every week. Hopefully this will encorage more tanking classes to learn the skills without having aggressive DPS shouting abuse at them becuase they want their daily VP's and they want them quickly. (mark for cc and they get abuse for being slow and incompetant, don't mark for cc and all wipe and they get abuse for simply being incompetant)

Unfortunately this is a little late in the day but hopefully will inject some of the fun back into the game that has been lost over the last couple of months with regards to 5-man HC's.

GJ Blizzard!! :)
Edited by Meribel on 23/03/2011 08:58 GMT
65 Gnome Warrior
Yay!! Brilliant Blizzard! You've yet dumb it down once again!

Why don't you just hand 'casuals' free epics whiles you're at it?

I say bring back the days when the only epics you could get were the ones from proper raids ie Molton Core, Ahn Qiraj etc. This way, you could diffrenciate the serious raiders from the everyday scrubs who just play (most times badly) just for shiny new epeens.

Good job Blizz! Good job!
85 Night Elf Druid
That is a very valid point but I guess VP's will only get you so far with regards to gear. As with WotLK some slots can only be filled by serious rading and the VP gear is pretty obvious.
85 Night Elf Druid
This looks really good!
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Great, now i dont have to log in evry day, sunday = gonna be hc day! :p
+ my gf is gonna be happyer that i ain't gaming all the time! :D

Hmm no that was not true, i will still game evry night, i will find some excuze... :p
90 Blood Elf Warlock
So LFD pane will now show:

• specific dungeons

• random Cataclysm normal

• random Cataclysm heroic (tier 1)

• random Cataclysm heroic (tier 2)

• ?
    Edited by Chuuwi on 23/03/2011 11:29 GMT
    85 Orc Death Knight
    very very nice
    This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]