Guild Transfer and Guild Rename Services Coming Soon

Community
We want to give everyone an early heads-up regarding our plan to implement a guild relocation service for World of Warcraft. The idea is for a guild leader to be able to transfer a guild to another realm. The guild structure remains intact, including the guild leader, guild bank, ranks, and guild name (depending on availability).

Guild members who decide to relocate with their guild may initiate their own paid character transfer. Upon a successful transfer they will automatically be part of the guild when they first log into the new realm. Their guild rank and guild reputation will be intact.

Guild leaders who do not want a change of scenery may also choose to pick a new guild name using another new service. These services are in development and we will be providing additional details at a future point in time.

As with all of the features and services we offer, we intend to incorporate the guild relocation service in a way that will not disrupt the game play experience. Please note that this feature will require extensive internal testing, so you may see bits and pieces of the service appear on the public test realms. We'll announce further details at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/
Edited by Takralus on 23/03/2011 18:23 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Will guild faction-change be possible too in the future? Or is it only guild realm-change you are working on? =)
Reply Quote
69 Human Death Knight
Very inportend question is : when is this possible?
Reply Quote
30 Troll Shaman
First thing that comes to mind;

Wohooo another automated service that should be free but will be hefty charged.

Up till now my guilds name change was denied by GMs as it's against rules or something like that, now I will be able to change it but of course at a price.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I forsee a great deal of drama...
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Seems like a logical feature to implement. The couple of times my guilds have moved server it was no problem to simply disband the guild and re-create it on the other server.
But now that you have the guild leveling system (with potentially more levels added in the future) there's a lot of value in the specific guild. So it makes sence to implement a way where people can preserve their guild, regardless of moving server.

Now all one needs to know, is the price :P

23/03/2011 6:29 PMPosted by Chaos
I forsee a great deal of drama...

Given how hard it is to actually level a guild, I don't think it's something we will see a lot, but in theory it does open up a possibility for the guild leader to be cruel and kick everyone, transfer the guild to another server, rename it, and sell it to the highest bidder. But as said, you have to be one cruel mastermind to plan such a scheme, so I don't think it happen to a large extent. At least I hope not :S
Reply Quote
86 Undead Rogue
Well, I suppose we have to applaud the effort, but don't you blizzies think you have more important problems to deal with atm?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Why is not possible for players to change class as we can change race?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Lots of ppl been asking of a service to get all they chars on a server to another server/faction automated and with a discount, way more needed than this guild feature.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If Blizzard made it possible for class changes then you would have people leveling easy toons, such as hunters. Then changing to a class that was meant to be harder to level. Some classes are supposed to be harder to control than others, usually tends to be the over powered ones. But thats how its balanced out. Class change is a horrible idea.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
hahaha.

1 april joke or what!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It is not horible idea.
I personaly have 2 lvl 85 and realy have no time to lvl 8 more and farm full PVP gear every patch/nerf/buff.
Why not let ppl play best PVP class possible and leave devs balancing stuff acording to numbers of certan class players.

The way it is now, some clasess can just stop playing arena and wait for next patch.

Some Dev said frost mages are not OP coz they have high skill cap. I say, ok, let me give it a go with frost mage so i can see how good or bad i am.

And if i start playing mage now, in 6 months lock will be OP... what to do then?

Anyway.. leveling is so easy nowdays (still time consuming) for any class so dont think all ppl would play paladins or shamans while leveling.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yay they thought of a new way to make a lot money.

''Let's make guild transfers so we can get 10 or more people to server change at once. This way we earn more money''

At least make the server change cheaper, it's already 20 !%@!ing euros you greedy ********
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Death Knight
Yay they thought of a new way to make a lot money.

''Let's make guild transfers so we can get 10 or more people to server change at once. This way we earn more money''

At least make the server change cheaper, it's already 20 !%@!ing euros you greedy ********
Gotta love the midnight sarcasm. I hope, atleast. Because this isn't a service Blizzard made up, it's a suggestion by the players which Blizzard listened to will now be possible in the future.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
23/03/2011 7:49 PMPosted by Hellfury
Lots of ppl been asking of a service to get all they chars on a server to another server/faction automated and with a discount, way more needed than this guild feature.

for real.
Reply Quote
70 Human Paladin
I can see the furture where dumb guilds with bad reputation just changes name and starts to recruit again. And the game will become even more of a pain.

Example: Well look at all the bad guilds out there. How many dont you think will change name to re-recruit to get members in again until the new recruited members realise its the failing guild ??? and decides to leave waistig a couple of weeks on it

Blizzard think before you act as you used to back in TBC and Vanilla!

Oh yea btw a great tip for all the gold sellers get into guild selling now as well.
So now make a social guild get community to lvl it up kick em and then sell the guild.
Edited by Leggzor on 23/03/2011 23:29 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Meh. Cross realm Heirlooms would be better.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I kinda agree that it would be much more helpful if there was a service to transfer all your characters from a single server and whole guilds to a different faction. With a reduced price of course because doing it individually is just stupid. I bet a lot of Horde players would make use of the service. =/
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Good implementation from Blizzard. Hope they allow those guilds to cross-faction change too.

I also agree with Blizzard that this shouldn't be free - one it's a supplementary service and two it needs to be high enough that people aren't doing this all the time - which they would.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Good implementation from Blizzard. Hope they allow those guilds to cross-faction change too.

I also agree with Blizzard that this shouldn't be free - one it's a supplementary service and two it needs to be high enough that people aren't doing this all the time - which they would.

I agree. Letting people transfer from server to server, changing their race and faction at no cost, would make hundreds of thousands of players do this extremely often; not to mention all the banking alts who would be changing servers all the time to maximise profits. Blizzard would have to employ several hundred new people just to cater these transfers, and the ingame player community would just become even more rude/aggressive/immature if people could just change server/faction/name whenever, and at no cost. And servers are already imbalanced enough both faction- and populationwise.

As to the possibility to move an intact guild to another server without penalties; it is a great idea considering this new guild leveling system. It's nice to give great guilds some options of moving to a new server without loosing all of the guild perks in which they have invested xxx hrs to receive.
Edited by Tìnkerbelle on 24/03/2011 10:36 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]