Dungeon Finder Call to Arms

Community
We’ve been following discussions and reading feedback on the Dungeon Finder Call to Arms feature, and appreciate everyone’s opinions on the topic. We wanted to share a few items though that supplement the recent announcement:

The additional reward for completing the Dungeon Finder Call to Arms (called the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries) will be Bind on Account; able to be freely sent to other characters on your account once you receive it.

An error existed in the announcement regarding flasks and potions being picked based on your spec. This is not the case. If someone earns a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries, and if it rolls the random chance to provide a potion or flask, it will be a randomly selected. This helps ensure a broad array of available flasks and potions for all characters.

We also wanted to clarify, mounts that have a possibility to be found in a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries are found with the same rarity as if you had slain the dungeon boss that normally drops them.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Hex
And when do you plan on addressing the fact this is a short-sided, short term solution to the problem?
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
In regards to the rarity of the mounts.. If you were specifically trying to obtain the Raven Lord you could run the Instance (Sethekk) once a day.. With the new system you're going to have 10?+ Chances to get the mount, per day which will inflate the amount of Raven Lords and upset those that spent alot of time farming.

I'm personally all for the idea, from a DPS & Tank perspective but i can see why many are quite disgruntled about it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
This system is introduced to help the DPS get lower queue times. Yet, players from the DPS perspective are the ones with the most negatives reply's.
Reply Quote
So when will you listen to the negative feedback? Just wondering.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I have mixed views on this decision. As was pointed out earlier, this seems more like a short term solution than something we would all benefit from. The reason why most people do not wish to tank or heal is indeed because of the added responsibility. Mayhaps if blizzard adressed the `fear´ people have of taking said responsibility we could all have balanced queues once more.

Personally, I might take up healing again. I got tired of abuse during the first few weeks of launch..maybe it´s better now.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Mayhaps if blizzard adressed the `fear´ people have of taking said responsibility

How would you address said fear and what would be a long term solution?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
08/04/2011 13:54Posted by Frödö
So when will you listen to the negative feedback? Just wondering.

What negative feedback, isnt shorter dungeon finder queues enough? Give me a break!
Reply Quote
Tank and healers are the most wanted roles for Raids, Instances, etc and still there are few, and most tanks / healers are more capable of telling what goes on on an encounter... That said, most have more gaming experience ... This said you wouldn't want a tank that doesn't know what cleave is, what shared cleave is... etc etc SO much mechanics that tanks need to be aware...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I just don't get people that play this game.

DPS are moanign why? Blizzard are providing incentive for tanks to queue more then once a day to HELP dps get quicker queues. Why the hell are all the DPS QQ'ing over this.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
Hmm... you say that the satchel is BoA, but wouldn't it be better to make the individual items BoA, so that you can decide which character to send a mount to after you find out that you got one and which one you got? (or did you mean this?)

Other than this, awesome job at addressing the issues that came up!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Now pure DPS classes have nothing to complain about.
If you want the satchels for your mains, be part of the solution and level up a tank or healer!

This is not a short term solution in anyway. New players start every day, so there are always "fresh" tanks and healers who might not have the mounts in the system and a monetary reward is always going to be something many people gladly take.

I always run heroics in a guild group and have sworn never to go for a PuG again, but this might be enough to make me solo queue as tank or healer sometimes when no-one is online.

I think the pets should be BoP though when you open the bag.
Reply Quote
32 Human Hunter
08/04/2011 13:27Posted by Takralus
The additional reward for completing the Dungeon Finder Call to Arms (called the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries) will be Bind on Account; able to be freely sent to other characters on your account once you receive it.

Bind on Account or Bind on Battle.net Account?

Inquiring minds with two accounts want to know. :)
Reply Quote
Because the problem at hand still won't get addressed is why. This toon is a tank/healer so np with queue times, but my shammie and DK, I WAIT half an hour, because the solo content is dire, to do a dungeon and then what, morons votekick/slack/skip half the dungeon? Aye no problemo. Its a very short sighted solution considering the problem lies with the playerbase imo. This will make it worse with them wanting to skip even more to get their satchel.

Someone said it elsewhere, give you the reward only if 100% of the dungeon is complete. Sorted.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Excellent news. Now if we could just see the return of the occulus mount to a bag, we'd be off to some awesome stuff.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Is the satchel boa, or are the contents?
e.g. if I get the razzashi hatchling on Sapho (who already has it) can I mail it to an alt?
It would be useful to do it that way, as I could then choose pets flasks etc. for specific alts, rather than hoping that when I send it to my warrior it'll drop a hatching and when I send it to my lock it'll drop a cockatiel.

Also, while it's one thing for the bags to drop something that also randomly drops in the world, it seems a bit off that it will apparently have a chance to drop things that are rep rewards like the tiny sporebat.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Because the problem at hand still won't get addressed is why. This toon is a tank/healer so np with queue times, but my shammie and DK, I WAIT half an hour, because the solo content is dire, to do a dungeon and then what, morons votekick/slack/skip half the dungeon? Aye no problemo. Its a very short sighted solution considering the problem lies with the playerbase imo. This will make it worse with them wanting to skip even more to get their satchel.

Someone said it elsewhere, give you the reward only if 100% of the dungeon is complete. Sorted.

So because the player base doesn't want to tank or heal giving them incentive to play as those roles is a bad thing?

Do you not understand that your point of you already having long queue times is exactly what this is trying to adress?
Reply Quote
Sorry but why is there so much QQing over this change? My main is a warlock and I hate 50 min ques, so to give a reason for a tank to farm heroics to make my ques faster I am happy.

also if you don't like that tanks are getting something you are not roll a tank then more people who roll tanks the less need for this update but the issue it lazy who was to sit in a random and not do much work at all.

Good job blizzard I approve.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Glad to hear the bags contain BoA stuff.
Now i can jump into heroics on my alt tank or healer when there is a shortage and still send any possible loot to my main.

Very good news.
Thank you.
Edited by Falc on 08/04/2011 14:27 BST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
So that makes this BS fix all ok then ???
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]