Black ghosts?

90 Dwarf Warrior
Sometimes when I'm in a dungeon/main city, I sometimes see these untargetable black ghosts, they move around and seem to follow people sometimes and after seeing it in WotLK a few years ago I still have no idea what it is.

http://img818.imageshack.us/f/ghostuf.jpg/
Edited by Tohiran on 07/04/2011 18:11 BST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
If my memory is correct, they were spawns of a Haunted Memento. Not 100% correct though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
remnants from the scourge invasion i believe when wrath of the lich king was launched.

Honestly no recollection as to why there still moving about, maybe there as pervious posted stated haunted somein or other
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/04/2011 19:26Posted by Sórry
remnants from the scourge invasion

lol last time I found one of those ghosts was in Black Temple, before we started to attack Illidan xD
Edited by Amálthia on 07/04/2011 19:40 BST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
they were spawns of a Haunted Memento. Not 100% correct though.

This is correct. They dropped from the scourge invasion during the pre-WotlK-launch period. Having the Haunted Memento in your inventory has you followed by a 'black ghost'. They linger a bit at your back so when someone is in the AH for example, this ghost might be at the mailbox (like in your pic). If you see one, you might see someone around with the 'something is with you' debuff.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Death Knight
07/04/2011 19:39Posted by Fizzlesizzle
they were spawns of a Haunted Memento. Not 100% correct though.

This is correct. They dropped from the scourge invasion during the pre-WotlK-launch period. Having the Haunted Memento in your inventory has you followed by a 'black ghost'. They linger a bit at your back so when someone is in the AH for example, this ghost might be at the mailbox (like in your pic). If you see one, you might see someone around with the 'something is with you' debuff.

It sure is. I still still adore my little stalking ghost. ^^
Reply Quote
MVP
87 Undead Mage
07/04/2011 20:16Posted by Gontier

Me too! And the good thing 'bout the mementos is that they are no longer obtainable, meaning their worth in gold increases every day! I used to have two until recently, when I sold one for 8000 gold :)
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Death Knight
07/04/2011 22:07Posted by Lethan

Me too! And the good thing 'bout the mementos is that they are no longer obtainable, meaning their worth in gold increases every day! I used to have two until recently, when I sold one for 8000 gold :)

Precisely! However since it's not obtainable anymore, it just makes it more difficult to sell it. - I've had some great offers on it, but I just can't get rid of it. ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]