So....Warlock's battle rez......

10 Gnome Priest
Has blizz distracted the community enough to forget that they haven't turned soul stones into a proper battle rez for the next patch yet?

/copy-paste reincarnation there's the new soulstone
/copy-paste rebirth
/rename rebirth to a more warlocky spell and effect
/add out of combat resurrection

done and it wasn't hard too, guess they were too busy buffing other class's to kill us and out dps us easier without effort....*sigh*
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Silentwar, how will this not get you banned on the forums exactly?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
4.1 is nowhere near done yet. Just wait for it.
Reply Quote
[sarcasim]Why not just have 1 class in the whole game? [/sarcasim] i find that a better question..
Reply Quote
25 Goblin Warlock
/ignoring the 3 kid spamming

ya guess people are waiting until the end of the month for the patch to come out to see if blizz kept their word
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Has blizz distracted the community enough to forget that they haven't turned soul stones into a proper battle rez for the next patch yet?

/copy-paste reincarnation there's the new soulstone
/copy-paste rebirth
/rename rebirth to a more warlocky spell and effect
/add out of combat resurrection

done and it wasn't hard too, guess they were too busy buffing other class's to kill us and out dps us easier without effort....*sigh*

It is nowhere near as easy as that. Blizzard have even said that the coding needs to be completely remade in order to make it work as a normal combat rez. They tried what you suggest in 4.0.3 and it didn't work, hence the need for recodiing.

ya guess people are waiting until the end of the month for the patch to come out to see if blizz kept their word

Blizzard do not make promises. Never have, never will.
Edited by Archaos on 11/04/2011 17:01 BST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
OP, have you not noticed the current trend with warlock development?

All changes to warlocks must take no more than 90 seconds work per month, i think the current ptr already maxxed out or monthly dev time.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
If we lose the current soulstone, I'll prefer the current solution.
Reply Quote
88 Human Warlock
Soulstone is currently hardcoded to the way it is now, it's not that easy to redo something that's hardcoded into something. Trust me.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
ohai blizz ! i didnt make another thread, instead i bumped !

Where is our combat rez ? ready for 4.1?

I mean, you've only been talking about it for 6 months, and clearly you didn't spend that much time on warlocks and raid design this tier so surely you have a bit of time for us ?? Fanks !!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2140450499?page=6#119
Edited by Eiffeltower on 19/04/2011 11:09 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Blizzard noticed Locks were massively under represented in 10 man raiding. Hell in 25 man probably too. And fell completly out of Arena. In my battlegroup there are now 3-4 Locks in top 200 2v2 teams and thats typical. yeah yeah yeah its not balanced against 2v2 people say but thats an excuse. Giving up always is.

When it was time to give other classes Heroism, ofcourse it had to go to Mages. As if they didnt already have every trick in the book.

So... Now that Locks have become the least played class, they are hoping to wedge us back into usefulness by giving us a battleress.

Currently to repair Locks we need more dynamics and playability. Subtile tweaks and fixes wont change anything. If you are expecting miracles in 4.1 you WILL be disapointed.

Demonstrate by parking your Lock and play another class. Hopefully a silent demonstration will work as they sure as hell arent following their own messageboards.
Edited by Pandarus on 19/04/2011 11:12 BST
Reply Quote
They are giving us different genders on our demon pets, /yawn /sigh, that would probably be sufficient for another 2 years...
I am trying to figure out how to maintain decent single target dps while being able to do great aoe dps when needed. Not been able to figure out how yet. Maybe I have to play a fire mage instead, they have it all. Why not give mages our buffs and delete warlocks?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
there are ways to do top damage. One often overlooked spell is shadowflame. if ur in melee, use it off CD asap. Same thing with the fel flame proc.

But overall, to do very good damage, you need to do 0 mistakes as a warlock.

Mages (fire ofc) are balanced around a non working mechanic of ignite munching. The thing is, if they actualyl fix this, their DPS would skyrocket, and they would get a cross the board nerf.

Back to the topic itself : Where in Greymane's name is our battle res ? It has beent alked about for like 6 months now.

Edit : Please keep this topic alive.
Edited by Eiffeltower on 19/04/2011 15:08 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Soulstone isnt exactly a good battlerez, you can do it in combat yeah but its more effective to put on the healer so they can rez after a wipe, One zulgurub run 3 members of the group say to me mid battle with zuljin "Hey warlock wheres ur battlerez?" I said it was on the shammy "But shammy has battlerez" yeah but when we wipe shammy can rez "Shammy has reincarnation" thats a battleres "Just put it on tank next time"
we wiped halfway through conversation, i wonder why anyway next time I put it on the tank, we wiped and then on of the 3 said "Okay put it on healer" I then left.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You're a moron. The shaman can ressurect himself through ankh. The second time it was on cd so then you should've had it on him.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
How is he the moron? He had it on the shaman, but the group said put it on the tank. Think you need some reading lessons.

Anyway, this thread is 2-3 weeks old and we have a battle res, so its pointless to keep bumping it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
He had it on the shaman before the first wipe which is redundant since the shaman could ankh at that point. The next time they wiped the shamans aknh was on cd and then it should have been put on him. I don't think I'm the one that needs reading lessons.
Edited by Shagina on 01/05/2011 10:22 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]