New MVP

(Locked)

Community
Dear World of Warcraft Community,

As you may already be aware, our MVP program is a way for us to reward active, constructive and helpful players participating on the European World of Warcraft forums. You may already be familiar with our existing World of Warcraft MVPs: Adnaw, Lobotomy, Shammoz, Celiby, Lethan and Jito.

If you have ventured into the Player versus Player forums of our website, you might just have come across a few posts by this Rogue named Dalrian. Always helpful, constructive and friendly, Dalrian has consistently gone forth with a good example in one of our arguably most 'vocal' forums. Well, now his voice will have a green tint to it as we invite you to join us in welcoming Dalrian as our latest MVP.
Edited by Slorkuz on 14/04/2011 08:03 BST
Community
Q. Why was the MVP Program created?

A. Members of the Community Team have often responded to questions that players can and do answer just as easily. However, at times, answers by players would go completely ignored while the original poster sought a "blue" response, not trusting what their fellows told them.

In order to solve the problem, we instituted a program that has shown great success on Blizzard's forums in the past: the MVP (Most Valuable Poster) Program. This tag next to players who have answered players' questions consistently and accurately lends a note of credibility to what they post; it allows players seeking answers to take what they say at face value

Q. What does an MVP do?

A. An MVP continues to do what they've already been doing: promoting constructive posting wherever they can. They contribute to the community and encourage polite discussion throughout the forums. When you see an MVP post, listen to what they have to say -- they were chosen for their knowledge of the game, also.

Q. Why didn't you select _____, someone who always gives great constructive feedback on X subject?

A. Please understand that MVPs are not class representatives or community representatives in that sense; they are not chosen for their ability to criticise game mechanics and give feedback. They certainly can do this (and many do). The members of the Community Team are still the vehicles through which you should submit feedback by posting on these forums. We do not have a class representative system in place at this time and would prefer to hear all players' feedback instead of a select few.

Q. Why aren't the MVPs all level 85s?

A. You do not have to have a level 85 to answer the majority of questions on these forums clearly and accurately. You do not need a level 85 to be able to direct players to the appropriate page on the website for their question, or to link to an answer already given by Blizzard. The "you must have a level 85 to post something useful" perception is largely false, and not something we wish to perpetuate. Again, this partially stems back to the idea that MVPs are in fact community representatives who are giving feedback for the playerbase, which is untrue.

Q. How can I become an MVP?

A. Keep posting constructively, answering questions about the game, and encouraging discussion (and no, that doesn't mean giving a post a title and then saying "Discuss.") throughout the forums -- we'll take notice. Following the Code of Conduct would be an important part of it, as well.

Q. Who are the current MVPs for the English EU forum?

A. The current MVPs are now:

Adnaw
Celiby
Dalrian
Jito
Lethan
Lobotomy
Shammoz
Edited by Slorkuz on 14/04/2011 08:04 BST
85 Human Paladin
Gongrats! I knew you'd become an MVP sooner or later. :)
MVP
85 Night Elf Rogue
Thank you :)

If you haven’t seen any of my posts yet, you will most likely run into me on either the Player vs Player or the Rogue forums, although sometimes I might just scroll through one of the other forums as well.

Be warned though, my posts can be quite lengthy, and I’m very bad at making short posts ;)

Edit: To avoid confusion I thought I'd say this in my first post as well. I was forced to namechange because the old name got reported, so from now on (or whenever it updates) you will see me post under the name of Dalrian
Edited by Canttouchmé on 13/04/2011 17:22 BST
85 Human Paladin
Thank you :)

If you haven’t seen any of my posts yet, you will most likely run into me on either the Player vs Player or the Rogue forums, although sometimes I might just scroll through one of the other forums as well.

Be warned though, my posts can be quite lengthy, and I’m very bad at making short posts ;)

Good luck posting on the PvP forums with green text. You'll start a flame war faster than anything. :p
Congrats!
Community
Grats on the green Dalrian :-)
Edited by Vaneras on 14/04/2011 08:14 BST
85 Troll Hunter
Well done!
Community
Congratulations, Dalrian! Good luck ^^
Edited by Рейслор on 25/10/2013 08:14 BST
85 Orc Warrior
Thats alot of blue posts, and now another green, well as an orc I like green, so I am happy with you : )
90 Tauren Hunter
i don't want to be bad at this ceremonial moment, but it looks like a good place to ask about the naming policy

i was a little worried about one of my characters, when i found, that:

Restricted
Names which fall under the following categories are restricted and will most likely not receive an account penalty on the first instance. Clarification on what constitutes each category can be found by clicking on the links below.

* Trademarks
* Pure Gibberish
* Contain "Leet" or "Dudespeak"
* Titles (Does not apply to Guild, Arena Team or Pet Names)
* Real World References
* Partial or Complete Sentences (Does not apply to Guild or Arena Team Names)

Partial or Complete Sentences

This category includes names which:

* Consist of multiple (generally more than 2) words strung together to create partial or complete sentences (i.e. Inyourface, Welovebeef, Howareyou)

P.S. grats Canttouchmé
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
85 Draenei Shaman
Congrats Canttouchmé and welcome to the Green team!

Tea & Coffee is in the cupboard, help yourself. Stay away from Takralus' Jaffa Cakes though.. it's more than your life is worth!
congrats canttouchme. i expect gontier is starting his stopwatch on how long it takes the blues to promote him now :D

come on gontier!!!!!!!
MVP
85 Gnome Priest
GRATSORZ!!!

And I quite like your posts on the PvP forum. So very well deserved ^_^
Community
Congratulations, and welcome, Canttouchmé! :)

13/04/2011 13:45Posted by Shammoz
Stay away from Takralus' Jaffa Cakes though.. it's more than your life is worth!

The Babybels in the fridge are mine too btw.
MVP
85 Night Elf Rogue
13/04/2011 13:45Posted by Shammoz
Stay away from Takralus' Jaffa Cakes though.. it's more than your life is worth!

I'll keep that in mind, although I can't promise anything. I do really like cake :(

But thanks for all the replies. I feel very welcomed ;)
82 Night Elf Warrior
Another one .. ????
85 Tauren Warrior
Gratz.

Remind me to gank you, you alliance scum.
Customer Service
The Babybels in the fridge are mine too btw.

Not anymore ^^

Grats on the MVP Canttouchmé! :)
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]