1v1

85 Blood Elf Rogue
Why is it in BGs no one can have a simple 1v1? yes I know its not how it works but this is the situation I am always in I am 1v1ing someone in a bg its going well I am haveing fun and we are about the same healthwise as I am near killing them heir "friends" come in from round the corner for a cheap and "easy" kill.

And in arenas their is 2v2 3v3 5v5 but tbh I would like to take someone 1v1 yes their is dueling but problem with that is as followed

1: Need to find someone of "equil" skill gear and level
2: they need to acsept the chalange which some people probs don't cause they are busy doing something else
3:You don't get the satisfaction of killing them
4: It just isnt as fun when you got loads of other people around you cause useualy the only place you can get a duel is outside orgra, sw or IF
so I put it to blizzard to make a 1v1 arena "team" which is the same as others but 1v1 and their for slightly more balanced depending of your view.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
That would mean 1v1 had to be balanced, some classes cant beat other classes 1v1 ;( Example i am defendless against a rogue.

Rogues dislike protection specc, and so on. That woudl mean you woudl have redo all speccs and how all the classes work.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
That would mean 1v1 had to be balanced, some classes cant beat other classes 1v1 ;( Example i am defendless against a rogue.

Rogues dislike protection specc, and so on. That woudl mean you woudl have redo all speccs and how all the classes work.

I agree with this... for some class's it would mean instant loss if for example Kallith came up against a rogue or i came up against a Frost mage.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Why is it in BGs no one can have a simple 1v1? yes I know its not how it works but this is the situation I am always in I am 1v1ing someone in a bg its going well I am haveing fun and we are about the same healthwise as I am near killing them heir "friends" come in from round the corner for a cheap and "easy" kill.

And in arenas their is 2v2 3v3 5v5 but tbh I would like to take someone 1v1 yes their is dueling but problem with that is as followed

1: Need to find someone of "equil" skill gear and level
2: they need to acsept the chalange which some people probs don't cause they are busy doing something else
3:You don't get the satisfaction of killing them
4: It just isnt as fun when you got loads of other people around you cause useualy the only place you can get a duel is outside orgra, sw or IF
so I put it to blizzard to make a 1v1 arena "team" which is the same as others but 1v1 and their for slightly more balanced depending of your view.

I love Dueling Rouges who think the game should be about 1v1 Since they are always bad and cant take me below 87k mana, Also the ally outplayed you by calling for backup. they got the kill either way
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I think 1v1 skirmish would be fun if you could beforehand check the other players gear/spec.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Yesh 1v1 is fun, but as things are now 1v1 is to unbalanced example Jurari if you'll met me in 1v1 you'd be in a bad advantage, just like i am done if i met a rogue, or as the warrior pointed out, him meeting a frost.
also healers would not be able to do 1v1 skirmish, on normal circumstances.
Reply Quote
MVP
85 Night Elf Rogue
19/04/2011 12:25Posted by Jurari
I think 1v1 skirmish would be fun if you could beforehand check the other players gear/spec.

But that would mean players would only accept these arena fights if they were going to win, which would lead to the exact same problem as with duels

It could be possible to implement a 1v1 arena, with the normal MMR system for equal fights, but it would be quite boring, and very weird. As mentioned above, every class has a counter. I can destroy any Warlock, even if the Warlock is 3k rated and the best in the world. The same goes for Mage vs Warrior, and probably some other classes as well.

The way the game is being balanced right now, there's no feasible or easy way to balance 1v1 without overhauling just about every class and ability in the game. Maybe it could be fun to have 1v1 skirmishes, but it would not be worth it, and after 1 week nobody would be interested any more

Besides that, healers won't be able to join these fights, which would be unfair. Healer vs Healer duels are quite boring, so that's not really worth it either.

1v1 arena is something which might sound great on paper, but once it becomes reality it will disappoint. For that reason, there are duels which anyone can do. These duels can create quite some good fighting as well.
And lastly, if you really want some 1v1 arena system, you could create your own. I've seen it happen on some servers. Just make a thread on your realm forums, and make a macro for trade chat, with an exact date and time when you will organise a tournament. Let players register, and let them fight eachother in duels/arena. Then you can create your own little competition, in any way you want to.
Edited by Dalrian on 19/04/2011 15:14 BST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
But that would mean players would only accept these arena fights if they were going to win, which would lead to the exact same problem as with duels

It could be possible to implement a 1v1 arena, with the normal MMR system for equal fights, but it would be quite boring, and very weird. As mentioned above, every class has a counter. I can destroy any Warlock, even if the Warlock is 3k rated and the best in the world. The same goes for Mage vs Warrior, and probably some other classes as well.

There is just no way 1v1 could be balanced without completely ruining the game, so there won't be 1v1 arena. Maybe it could be fun to have 1v1 skirmishes, but it would not be worth it, and after 1 week nobody would be interested any more

Besides that, healers won't be able to join these fights, which would be unfair. Healer vs Healer duels are quite boring, so that's not really worth it either.

1v1 arena is something which might sound great on paper, but once it becomes reality it will disappoint. For that reason, there are duels which anyone can do. These duels can create quite some good fighting as well.
And lastly, if you really want some 1v1 arena system, you could create your own. I've seen it happen on some servers. Just make a thread on your realm forums, and make a macro for trade chat, with an exact date and time when you will organise a tournament. Let players register, and let them fight eachother in duels/arena. Then you can create your own little competition, in any way you want to.

10k gold that you can't beat me?
Reply Quote
MVP
85 Night Elf Rogue
19/04/2011 13:59Posted by Robby
10k gold that you can't beat me?

I'd happily accept that challenge if you moved to my server :P
Edited by Dalrian on 19/04/2011 14:02 BST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
19/04/2011 14:02Posted by Dalrian
I'd happily accept that challenge if you moved to my server :P

or if they would implement cross-server dueling
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Mr MVP! Are you a prophet/foreseer or some sort of voodoo priest who claims to know the future? On what info do all af your would be-s rely on?
Edited by Stare on 19/04/2011 14:24 BST
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid

Funny how in BGs it happends to be 6vs2 MOST of the time for Flags/Bases.

Others use to split up and walk alone through BGs waiting for it to end, if it's not your team that experiences this, than it's the other!
Reply Quote
MVP
85 Night Elf Rogue
19/04/2011 14:22Posted by Stare
Mr MVP! Are you a prophet/foreseer or some sort of voodoo priest who claims to know the future? On what info do all af your would be-s rely on?

Hmmm, you're quite right.

I think I use the word "would" or "might" a bit too much. In this case I was actually "looking into the future", because it was a suggestion which might be implemented in the future.

But I guess I should try to use some different words once in a while ;)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior

Others use to split up and walk alone through BGs waiting for it to end, if it's not your team that experiences this, than it's the other!

completely valid strategy in BGs.
when capping a base such as AB, gilneas, EOTS even AV you rely on your ability to compltely overpower your opponents.

what happens if you send 2 to ST to cap it while 2 are defending?
the 2 defending are going to hold out long enough for others to spawn and you are going to lose a battle of attrition with never ending opponents.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
whats a MVP????
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
19/04/2011 15:11Posted by Haseno
whats a MVP????

Most Valuable Predicter?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

"6vs2" thats my point and what I was saying about duels was that basicly you don't get the satisfaction of KILLING them and tbh alliance when you /duel them all I get is /lol *clicks cancle* /no cause they woouldn't be happy with a 1v1 and you are asuming I am talking about my rogue I am talking about all my chars Frost Mage, Sub Rogue, Prot Pally, Resto druid and yes you can argue some of them classes are OP in pvp and granted from what I have seen frost mages are being made EVEN MORE op next patch but still some of them I only pvp on for fun and others cause I want to pvp more than pve

Note: "fun" where is a fun in being ganged up in a 6vs1?
Edited by Mélyn on 20/04/2011 14:57 BST
Reply Quote
73 Night Elf Priest

yes, but rogue and feral can pick fight, and easily avoid unpleasant classes :)
basically, you can play win-win just like Charlie Sheen with dagers
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]