Solved! If you are using the US client read this

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Mage
I have read many threads of people such as myself who used the US client to play, but we had many issues, these issues were:

-The game started in German.
-After you change your realmlist.wtf, the game would start as a black non-responsive screen.
--After you change your realmlist.wtf, the game starts, you needed to re-download 1GB of patching each time you start the launcher.

Important: If you have 2 accounts, one for the US, and one for EU, make 2 copies of the world of warcraft folder.

Disclaimer: this solution requires the deletion of files and folders from your wow installed directory. Make sure you backup everything.

1-Locate your realmlist.wtf file inside "Installed wow directory/data/enUS", copy this file, and paste it inside "Installed wow directory/data/enGB".

2-To make sure you don't download additional stuff, copy the interface folder inside "Installed wow directory/data/enUS" to "Installed wow directory/data/enGB".

3-Modify the realmlist.wtf to:

set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist enGB.patch.battle.net:1119/patch
set realmlistbn ""
set portal eu

4-Delete any local folder inside your "Installed wow directory/data/", these are enUS and deEU, delete them or move them into a backup folder away from the main directory.

5-Delete your WTF, interface,cache and data/cache folders, or move them into a backup folder away from the main directory. This is a must for the solution to work.

This should make your world of warcraft locale is set to enGB only, to test this:

Optional but recommended:

6-Start your repair tool, and note the message it gives you, if the "Detected locales : enGB" ONLY, then you are ready to step 7. You may cancel the repair tool once you have the information you need.

7-Start the launcher and download the 2.1 GB patch.

8-Enjoy!
Edited by Mystral on 29/04/2011 06:52 BST
I did what you said

now downloadin 2.3 GB patch with launcher
Hope this time work
btw thanks for solution
85 Gnome Mage
Thanks for the solution but I seem to have a problem. In my Data folder, I only seem to have deDU and enUS.. No enGB :(

Anyone knows what I should do in that case?
Thanks for the solution but I seem to have a problem. In my Data folder, I only seem to have deDU and enUS.. No enGB :(

Anyone knows what I should do in that case?

go to WTF folder, open config.wtf and use this set local "enGB" instead of enUS or deDE

now open wow.exe , something like installation bar appears and create enGB folder inside the Data directory

remove all enUS and deDE files (all of files that Mystral said) and then use repair
when its complete then u can use launcher and download the patch

GL
Edited by Redtusk on 29/04/2011 08:06 BST
85 Gnome Mage
Thank you! Now I have the enGB folder and followed all the steps but I have another problem: After following all the step, I reached step 7, and the launcher keeps saying that the game is ready to go and is up to date; not asking me to download a 2.3GB patch :(

Suggestions?
did u remove all of enUS and deDE files in data/cache or data/enUS and etc.?

and what will happen if u press play button?
Edited by Redtusk on 29/04/2011 08:32 BST
85 Gnome Mage
Yes, and when I press the play button I get the blank non responding screen again :(
85 Gnome Mage
Ok weird thing: I just tried to reopen the launcher and I got a 1.1GB patch to download. Now I'm a bit confused here: Is that the 1.1GB that will help me play the game or the 1.1GB that will keep asking me to download it each time I enter the game? I have limited amount of DL and can't really risk it. What do you guys think?
1.1 GB wont help u, I promise

I downloaded 1.1 GB like 10 times and nothing happened

look at this topic, it may be useful :
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2000493137?page=8#142
90 Dwarf Paladin
Thanks, Redtusk.. It worked for me! :)
Customer Service
Please don't bump old threads, but I'm glad to hear this worked for you :)
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]