Deleting game account on my Battle.net account.

(Locked)

51 Goblin Mage
Dear forum,

I sended alot of emails with the intention to delete one of my game accounts from my Battle.net account. However they want me to send a letter when I already given all the information they needed?! Why is the helpdesk doing so difficult only because I want to have my trail account deleted. I have seen a couple of topics already from people that want the same, there they could finish it by seconds.

I hope one moderator/GM will finally give a hear on it and delete my trail account called: 'World of Warcraft®: The Burning Crusade [CENTREB] (Trial)'. Not [WoW1] ofcourse!

Yours sincerely,
Bas Dijkhuizen
85 Tauren Paladin
The Burning Crusade requires the original game, so as your account is a full account, they will not delete it unless a written request in letter is made.
Customer Service
Hi Spellattack,

I am truly sorry for this not being made clear earlier; we are requesting you to send us a letter through postal mail (not e-mail) because the account you want removed/deleted is a World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade account, not a trial account. So please follow the instructions in the e-mails and contact us via postal mail if you still want it removed.
Edited by Glauzuu on 26/04/2011 17:08 BST
51 Goblin Mage
Yea that game account was an old World of Warcraft account merged on my Battle.net account but I don't play on it any more so I want to have it removed. How hard is that Blizzard?
What do you mean with 'full account' Fiskerdin?
Edited by Spellattack on 26/04/2011 17:08 BST
85 Tauren Paladin
26/04/2011 17:07Posted by Spellattack
Yea that game account was an old World of Warcraft account merged on my Battle.net account but I don't play on it any more so I want to have it removed. How hard is that Blizzard?

It's not hard, they simply require the proper documentation and confirmation for deleting an account, as it will be lost forever.

What do you mean with 'full account' Fiskerdin?

Full account means a World of Warcraft account that isn't a trial account (TBC, WotLK and Cataclysm trials are all "above the full account" so to speak)

It would have to be on the classic trial to be considered a trial account.
Customer Service
I understand that having to contact us via postal mail can be inconvenient but it is exactly as Fiskerdin says, we can only remove trial accounts and the account you want removed is considered a full account because it has been paid for.
51 Goblin Mage
Ah ok. Well, if I have to send a postal mail it's not worth my time.

But still the reason why I have to send a postal mail isn't clear to me. Yes I paid for it and now I want to have it deleted. Why is it not possible to have it done by email?
Edited by Spellattack on 26/04/2011 17:23 BST
85 Tauren Paladin
Ah ok. Well, if I have to send a postal mail it's not worth my time.

But still the reason why I have to send a postal mail isn't clear to me. Yes I paid for it and now I want to have it deleted. Why is it not possible to have it done by email?

For obvious security and legal reasons.

Security because Blizzard won't accept a permanent request like deleting your account without being sure it was really the account owner.

Legal because in the event you make any claims that you didn't ask for it being deleted, then they have actual tangible evidence to prove otherwise.
4 Human Mage
Hi sorry for bringing this topic back up but i didnt want to start a new thread.
Is there any chance someone could help me delete my trial account? its so anoying being there.

I tried ringing customer support but i was waiting ages and i had to ring from a mobile, so it costs a bomb! It is only a trial account i want deleted.

Thanks Marshall
only Accounts can remove trial accounts. if u dont want to ring, u can use the new support ticket function

Account and Payment Support
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/23210

Customer Support Site
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit
Blizzard Employee
Greetings Mlchael,

Although I can obviously understand that you may not have wanted to create a new thread, this particular topic actually really isn’t anything to do with your own help request, and it’s usually a good idea to start a new topic anyway – it makes it easier for us to see your query, and it helps other players when searching for similar issues in the future. :)

When it comes to getting a Starter Edition account removed from your Battle.net account, I’m afraid you will need to contact our support team directly as the process requires verification I’m unable to request from you via a public forum.

However, if calling isn’t convenient for you, you’re welcome to use our web ticketing system instead – just make sure you explain your request in full in the ticket text, and we’ll let you know what additional details we need in order to remove the Starter Edition for you. :)

Blizzard Customer Support Website
https://eu.battle.net/support/ticket/submit
85 Worgen Druid
Hi guys,

I have a question about this topic. I have 2 battle.net accounts. All my games are installed in only 1 account. I want to transfer sc2 to another account which is already mine. What should i do about this?

Thanks for your helps.
90 Draenei Shaman
Contact Accounts and Payment.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]