Elemental Shaman Low(ish) Dps issue

86 Draenei Shaman
Lo Peeps,

I've played as a Elemental Shaman since the Alliance got Dreanei shaman back in TBC but more recently due to the class falling behind (I felt) compared to other classes seemingly getting buffed. I won't say nerfed but more "left behind" it seems.

My issue is that while I have gear that allows me access to heroics I have not yet tried an heroic as I am honest enough the recognise that my DPS is not good enough. When I do go into instances I play to benefit the group, I will stop DPSing to CC as needed or lay down totems (grounding totem or tremor totem) to aid the group, I don't try and top the damage meters and I watch my threat at all times, but when I do go full out DPS I only seem to get around 6.3k-6.5k DPS which falls short a little ways of being good enough for heroics.

I've read up in the forums about spelling rotation, I've added in all the gems and glyphs as recommended and I've even reforged my gear as recommended at askmrrobot.com while this did add around .5k-1k dps it would still seem that I fall short by a fair amount.

So I was just wondering if this is a Shaman class issue across the board or is there a secret to boosting Elemental DPS? :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
For heroics you only need 6% hit, Change your leather parts for mail items you are currently missing out on 150int.

Glyph of FT is useless, if you insist on using it replace it for flameshock not glyph of LB, glyph of LB is your mandatory glyph.

In heroics, you may wanna flameshock 2 targets (don't bother with more trash dies fast and you want to use fulmination aswell) Prior CL over LB(not LvB) if it hits more than 1 target.

Gear for haste, reforge to haste. MAstery is inferior to haste before 4set, and when having to move.
Edited by Torniquet on 24/04/2011 09:01 BST
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
Cheers. I have changed the leather items for mail ones forgot I was wearing those.

When you say "only need 6% hit" I currently have +15.43% giving me a 0.00% chance to miss against level 85,86 and 87 mobs and against level 88/skull I have a miss chance of 1.57% reducing that to 6% would greatly increase my chance to miss. could you expand further on what you mean please?

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Cheers. I have changed the leather items for mail ones forgot I was wearing those.

When you say "only need 6% hit" I currently have +15.43% giving me a 0.00% chance to miss against level 85,86 and 87 mobs and against level 88/skull I have a miss chance of 1.57% reducing that to 6% would greatly increase my chance to miss. could you expand further on what you mean please?
There are no level 88(skull) mobs in heroic 5 mans,
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
I just included it for reference.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
24/04/2011 13:28Posted by Lowping
I just included it for reference.

hit cap vs level 87's is 6%, even with spells.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]