Also known as ‘Week of the Wardens’, Children’s Week is celebrated by both factions alike and affords the most hardened of hearts the opportunity to share a little joy with an even littler person – a task far more daunting than many have faced before, but no one ever said parenting was easy!"
So it’s time again to get ready to run your own mini-tour operation business, ferrying orphans around and showing them the sights in exchange for some all-too-adorable tiny companions of your own to take away as a souvenir. :)
Children’s Week will run from Sunday 1 May 00:01 CEST until 23:59 CEST Saturday 7 May this year, so you’d better get a move on if you’re planning on getting everything done… and we’re not kidding!
There’s No Place Like Home… Cities!
- For those of you aged 10 and above, you can get started by visiting the Orphan Matron in your main factions-specific city – so that’s Orphan Matron Nightingale in Stormwind for members of the Alliance, and Orphan Matron Battlewail in Orgrimmar for members of the Horde.
Venturing Further Out(land)!
- If you’re starting to get on in years and have reached the grand old age of 60, there’s bound to be plenty more things you could show a few impressionable orphans, so why not also head across to Shattrath City and seek out Orphan Matron Mercy?
- True veterans aged 70 and above can additionally seek out Orphan Matron Aria in Dalaran for triple the trials and tribulations, and a extra memorable reward companion to boot!
These are just the starting points on your journey of discovery with your orphan friends, and if you enjoy having them around then why not take them with you elsewhere this week? Just keep a hold of your trusty whistles (or pop back to the relevant Orphan Matron if you have any unfortunate accidents!) and you’ll be able to continue leading them astray for the full duration of the week, even after you’ve completed the quests. :)
Been There? Done That?
- Already done your fair share of toddler tours? Tired of volunteering when you’ve already got your own personal menagerie going on?
Not so fast, Mr. Uncharitable… there are two new companions on offer, one at the end of each faction-specific quest chain, so there’s still a reason to save the children this year no matter how much you’d rather just stay at home or enjoy the new dungeon content!
Q: I can’t find my Whistle! What do I dooooooo?!
- A: As mentioned above, assuming it’s not simply hiding somewhere at the bottom of one of your bags, you should be able to return to the Orphan Matron who first gave it to you in order to get another one. :)
Q: Wait a moment, I’ve ended taking the same quest as last year from the Orphan lady in Dalaran – I could’ve sworn I did one before, but she had them both available… and now I’m going to be stuck with the same pet reward all over again. Can you pleeeeeeeease help me get the other pet?
- A: If you’ve already got one of the two Northrend pet rewards learned in your Pet Tab, and are now stuck on the same quest line again, please open an in-game help petition and we’ll do our best to assist you. :)
Q: That’s great and all, but I actually just picked the wrong quest from Orphan Matron Aria – I haven’t done either of them before, but she said big words and I got confused… and now I want the other quest chain. Will you help with this too?
- A: While we’re doing our best to help players who would miss out on an extra pet reward as a result of selecting the wrong quest, if you’ve done neither chain before then unfortunately we won’t be able to intervene.
They’re both still great additions to any pet collection though, and we’re sure you’ll want to catch ‘em all in the end anyway. ;)
Q: I’m using the Archaeology Hearthstone, The Innkeeper's Daughter, and I’m not gaining credit for the achievement ‘Home Alone’… Help?
- A: Unfortunately that will be the case, and you’ll need to specifically use your Hearthstone in order to be properly awarded credit for this particular achievement.
Q: But wait, I got rid of my old HS – am I totally stuck now?!
- A: No, thankfully you shouldn’t be. If you definitely don’t have a Hearthstone at all anymore (check your bank and bags first!), you should be able to speak to an Innkeeper in any location and, by setting your home location to that particular inn, obtain a new standard Hearthstone once more. :)
Just don’t forget that’ll be the location for all your hearthing needs now, so don’t just pick a random one! >.<