Imageshack and the annoyance of it all!

85 Blood Elf Rogue
I know that dedicated imageshack links do not work - or at least I have never seen a working one, however any chance that we can just block Imageshack completely? As in add it to the word filter?

I use a few different OS/Browser combinations and have found that on certain machines, opening an IS link will immediatly spam a pop up (which is np tbh) but then runs a script by the looks of it, that resizes the browser itself.

And before the whole - use this, install x addon pop ups, I do not always have admin rights on the machine in question so sometimes this is not an option.

I am sure other people have experienced this, and afaik WoWhead have blocked imageshack linking completely.

Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Imageshack is completely, utterly, truly awful.

Use imgur.

edit: Hm, perhaps I shouldn't have used that particular word.
Edited by Epoch on 05/05/2011 23:10 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Indeed, I use my own domain should I need to host an image, was talking more in regards to other people :D
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I've not encountered a problem with Imageshack. Are you clicking a link which links to the preview of the image (which the majority of imageshack users copy and paste) as opposed to a link to the image file itself?
Edited by Krisandra on 05/05/2011 23:27 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Oh beleive you me - its pure copy pasta for me.
Might just be a Netherlands thing, just checked it again and found the advert it uses to resize Firefox4 is in Dutch. Damn thing :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I am using twitpic.com. Never had a single complaint.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Imgur is awesome, it's fast and no ads.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Yays for imgur!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]