WoW freezing in Stormwind

(Locked)

I am little curios how blizzard can sell game which is unplayable for most of people like me. For ppl who have ATI graphic card and AMD processor. Its make me sick.
90 Human Paladin
18/05/2011 21:28Posted by Blackeyex
I am little curios how blizzard can sell game which is unplayable for most of people like me. For ppl who have ATI graphic card and AMD processor. Its make me sick.

What are your sources regarding that "most of people" have ATI video cards and AMD processors?

I highly doubt that combination to be in vast majority.

OT, sorry.

*Edit*

To keep this from getting deleted, I'll just throw in the fact that I've had the same problem with SW as everyone else. Im on TBC, and trying the "LK"-thing right now. Keeping fingers crossed!

*Edit*
Edited by Asktindra on 18/05/2011 23:54 BST
90 Night Elf Hunter
I m with Blackeyex, its a game that has a monthly fee but for almost all of this month I haven't been able to log onto the char's I wanted to, I m running the game on a new Macbook Pro yet it still freezes on load up. Makes me feel like quitting, what a waste of money this game is.
85 Night Elf Druid
Honestly Blizzard, what are you doing? This is an absolute joke, especially with the lack of blue response.
Customer Service
18/05/2011 21:22Posted by Lanakar
Aennorai. You mentioned in your post that this problem exists with standard and TBC so if I upgrade to LK, do you think it should fix the issue?

It may. If you're about to do so anyway, go ahead.

While the problem is, in most cases, fixed by installing the full client with all expansions, we do have a minority with Cataclysm accounts and clients still having the issue. It's still a good idea to make sure your game client is as far ahead as possible though, hopefully you don't end up being in said minority which we're still investigating and need a fix for.
85 Night Elf Druid
Well the retarded thing is, it's happening to people with Cata accounts as well.
57 Human Mage
I have the exact same problem as described. I installed the game from online without the use of CD's. I'm a BC user. I cannot log into my characters in Ogrimmar (for anymore than 5 minutes, usually not at all) and my character in Stormwind.

I would emplore Blizzard to not disregard this issue nor to treat this as a small problem. It is not acceptable that people who have invested money into even the vanilla game should not be able to log into their accounts and play the game at an even basic level. A game which they have paid good money for.

A real patch needs to be rolled out that will sort this problem across the board for vanilla users as well as cata users.

Please keep us up to date on this issue and possible ETA's of the fix.

90 Human Paladin
Wouldn't this be easier to fix with an altered version of the Repair Tool, downloadable for all with this problem? Just a tool that downloads ALL Cata contents?
Customer Service
Everyone having crashing/freezing/disconnection issues with Wrath of the Lich King or Cataclysm enabled accounts, I would ask you to contact us directly.

The best way to do this is the web form, as I would like you to include your full diagnostic files as well (dxdiag and msinfo).
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml

Important Note: Please reboot your system prior to creating the dxdiag and msinfo files.

Creating the dxdiag.txt diagnostic file:

1. Press the Windows Key + R
2. Type in DXDIAG and press Enter or click OK, this will open the DirectX diagnostic tool
3. Click on the Save All Information Button (save this file to your windows desktop and name it dxdiag)

Creating the msinfo.txt diagnostic file:

1. Press the Windows Key + R
2. Type in MSINFO32 and press Enter or click OK, this will open the Microsoft system information tool (MSInfo). To run the tool as an administrator in Windows Vista/7, right-click the program once displayed in the start-up menu and choose the appropriate option.
3. Click on File and choose Export* (save this file to your windows desktop as a text file and name it msinfo)

*Please make sure to save this file as a .txt file and NOT as a .nfo file.

Mac users please include the Apple System Profiler file instead.

1. Click the Apple in the upper left hand corner and choose "About this Mac."
2. Click the "More Info" button.
3. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
4. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Please also include a list of troubleshooting steps you have already tried, mention your account's box level (which expansion), and whether this is happening randomly or predictably in any particular areas of the game.

Thank you.
Edited by Aennorai on 19/05/2011 22:10 BST
68 Human Warrior
Hi guys! I had the same problem, freeze in sw. I tried everything. Delete the wtf,cache,interface folder, download the client again...i wrote a lot of times to the gms...nothing helped. then i read that need to change the account type in the config.wtf file to "CT". Then it will download the datas. Have to wait until its finishing and it have no problem anymore. Just keep in mind to dont play until the client and the cataclysm update doesnt dowloaded. I really hope i can help to some1. And dont angry on blizzard. its a really sensitive situation to them. we need to understand them.
44 Human Hunter
Just to provide some feedback:
I changed the account type to "LK" about a week ago and let the launcher download the complete Content before running the game (do NOT start the game while the loading bar is not full and the text doesn't say that WoW is up to date! Otherwise the game doesn't load the content itself and the accounttype is automatically reset when you login into your account!).

Since then, I had no freezes in Stormwind although I am quite often there. So I think that solved the problem for me.

The fact that accounttype "LK" was sufficient for me may help to find out which data causes the freezes.

Hope, that helps a bit...
90 Gnome Priest
Just to provide some feedback:
I changed the account type to "LK" about a week ago and let the launcher download the complete Content before running the game (do NOT start the game while the loading bar is not full and the text doesn't say that WoW is up to date! Otherwise the game doesn't load the content itself and the accounttype is automatically reset when you login into your account!).

Since then, I had no freezes in Stormwind although I am quite often there. So I think that solved the problem for me.

The fact that accounttype "LK" was sufficient for me may help to find out which data causes the freezes.

Hope, that helps a bit...

Did the same thing, but used accounttype "CT" (the Cataclysm one) and at the launcher startup it started to download 4-5 GB (didnt start to play till it was downloaded). Got no problems in SW, been there for a long time yesterday without any freeze.
I hope it will help others too!!!

Btw: I got the Burning Crusade expansion.
Edited by Acclamare on 20/05/2011 07:44 BST
85 Night Elf Druid
Weirdly, the problem seems to have fixed itself over the past 2 days without having done anything. Only had one DC and that was doing an instance.
85 Night Elf Druid
No, the lag is now back.
I've been having the exact same problem since 4.1. Getting stuck in Stormwind City and also Orgrimmar.

I've actually found what caused this problem, it has nothing to do with Blizzard (well it has in some way) as I've been able to see from my router log that there have been DoS (Denial of Service) attacks to my network at the times I got disconnected.

This wouldn't surprise me as it has been happening to a lot of other gaming networks (e.g. PSN).

I am now going to send Blizzard an e-mail because this is a serious security flaw.
57 Human Mage
Just an update. I done the workaround by downloaing the "LK" data. It works and I've been playing for hours over the last few day's. However I still feel that there needs to be a patch or fix released to stop these issues occuring.

Obviously this fix doesn't work for everyone from the comments above and some Cata players also are experiencing the issue.
i have exactly the same problem, and ill be trying the "LK" workaround.
hope this fixes it.

i hope the people of blizz have this fixed soon.
I have cata patched WoW client, last video card drivers, last Win 7 with service pack, but nothing helped. Today I getting freezing every 2-4 minutes in main cities. Its like crappy Chinese game.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]