An error has occured - transfer page

80 Undead Mage
Hey, so i have tried throughout the whole day now to move my mage from kazzak to trollbane. But every time i press the buttom that should direct me into the transfer process it keeps showing a red text saying "An Error has Occured" i suppose its after the long downtime today with the login servers but i just wanted to make you guys aware of the problem.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Could you try initiating the process in a different web browser to see if the error continues.

If the issue is still present then I'm afraid that this is not something we can help with over the forums.

It would be best for you to contact the Account and Billing team directly:
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/23210
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
My first browser i used was Oprah, it didnt work with that. Then i tried Windows Explorer, didnt work with that either so :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
firefox is so much better then those 2 ;)
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
Ive tried on 2 diffrent computers now to transfer my character. And its the same. is there really no one who has the same problem?
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
So far the browsers ive tried is Oprah, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome. Ive written to the Billing and support team but awaiting help from them.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Having same problem. :/ Want to do faction change but when I choose it from the services, I get the same error message. I don't think there's anything wrong with my browser or computer since everything was working fine before the server crash yesterday.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
Indeed Galadwen. I called blizzard up this morning, we talked for almost 20 minutes and tried everything we could think off, clearing cache folder on the browser etc etc. the support person even went in and "reset" my battle net account while i was talking to him but it still didnt change anything. he said i should wait a few days and see how it was by then, if it had not changed we should report it again
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Having the same issues. keep getting 'an error has occured, you must log character out of the game' .
I havent been logged in for ages
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
Guys please report this through the phone lines to blizzard. i called this morning and they said i was the only one who had this problem, there more we are the more chance there is for them to look into it
Reply Quote
Trying to race change, I'm also getting this problem. When I click on the link from the more traditional looking WoW site, it takes me to the more modern looking battle net account section with a message saying an error has occurred. I guess I'll try in a different browser as is suggested here.
Reply Quote
Well this is interesting...it still dont work for me but i got it to work on weird way what could maybe help others.

I started to click every Character Service (front page) like mad because i lost my sanity. I was in Public Test Realm and there i clicked Account Management....it brought me into account page and theeeere in down was character services. I selected Character Transfer and Faction change...and tadaaa....it worked. At least on me. :o

Found in another thread. Worked for me....
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Mage
I am having the same problem as the topic opener. Gonna try some different approaches to making it work, will report if I find a way. If not, please give some assistance Blizz.
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Mage
Well this is interesting...it still dont work for me but i got it to work on weird way what could maybe help others.

I started to click every Character Service (front page) like mad because i lost my sanity. I was in Public Test Realm and there i clicked Account Management....it brought me into account page and theeeere in down was character services. I selected Character Transfer and Faction change...and tadaaa....it worked. At least on me. :o

Yea, I can also confirm that this approach indeed works. Thanks.

- Doc
Reply Quote
lol worked for me 2 nice one :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]