Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon

Community
With the continued popularity of the Dungeon Finder, many players have been asking for a way to group up with real-life friends who play on other realms to take on instances together. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about a new feature currently in development that will allow players to invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.
85 Orc Warlock
Thanks you, this is a nice feature.
95 Worgen Druid
Would it work with players from other language realms? For example, enGB and ruRU people in one party.
Edited by Inuki on 17/05/2011 20:44 BST
85 Goblin Priest
Any plans for an option to invite friends from different realms to queue for Battle Grounds together?
Edited by Doomwish on 17/05/2011 20:50 BST
85 Goblin Shaman
$_$
85 Blood Elf Hunter
17/05/2011 20:43Posted by Inuki
Would it work with players from other language realms? For example, enGB and ruRU people in one party.

I´d like to know this one, too!
90 Goblin Warlock
So you can do this, but complain about doing cross realm heirlooms is rly hard.

Hahaha not sure if serious.
85 Dwarf Hunter
o/
85 Human Paladin
Awesome! :)
12 Night Elf Druid
17/05/2011 20:13Posted by Slorkuz
It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service.

I am very worried about this sentence tbh.

You bring a feature tons of people were demanding for a long time, but you only want to give it to those that pay extra money for it. Where is the point and what will be next?

You guys once said that the premium stuff will not influence the actual gameplay, but if you implement the feature just like that, it will.

Those that pay extra can group with those that they met once at the LFD, or with friends from other realms. Those that dont pay will end up with the rude people left in the LFD, and soon you might even go as far as asking for money, if people want to create a guild, use the chat system etc...

Are we going to need premium accounts in future, if we want to meet nice people in this game?

Dont sell essential features for money!
Edited by Ráchel on 17/05/2011 20:59 BST
85 Worgen Druid
Nice idea, but forcing people to pay for it? Are you for real?
85 Goblin Priest
I just noticed about the premium service.. are you serious? even if it was 1$ I wouldn't pay for it just because its insane.

We already have to pay for a lot for different features but this one is too much, something many people asked for months and when you finally decide to implant it, it costs money.

...No thanks
85 Dwarf Paladin
... I just juzzed my pants.

Awesome!
90 Night Elf Warrior
It sounds like a really cool feature, would love to play with more friends of other realms (an option I never had before). Although its complex system, really keep investing time in it, it would be totally worth it!

But as Ráchel already said above me, you are giving people who pay extra money in game advantages. Which, if I recall it correctly, you wouldn't do (according to other blue posts I think?)

So, good feature overall, but not really a good idea that you have to pay extra for it in my opinion? =D
95 Worgen Druid
Another step towards F2P where you pay for everything or have nothing at all.
100 Undead Warrior
How about a feature which allows you to check a box if you want a pick-up-group from you own realm?

Edit: Oh lol, "a premium service". In before free-to-play announcement , Runescape players zerging to WoW and the most loyal WoW-customers/players leaving.
Edited by Wilpo on 17/05/2011 21:02 BST
A paid service? To play with my friends? Are you F'in serious?
Edited by Ktest on 17/05/2011 20:59 BST
85 Blood Elf Hunter
17/05/2011 20:57Posted by Inuki
Another step towards F2P where you pay for everything or have nothing at all.

With the difference that you have to pay for it :P
85 Blood Elf Priest
I am not giving you any money for this feature.
90 Draenei Priest
Excited when i started reading.

Then i got to the premium part.
I literally facedesked..
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]