Yellow circle mark - change it please!

When I click on a target, there's a yellow circle on a minimap showing the target's place. This mark came with the latest patch I suppose, because I haven't seen this mark before. I asked GM how can I turn it off, but he said I can't. He said it might change in a future patch.

So I'd like you to ask if you can change that. You don't have to delete this thing, just to make an option in interface menu so people can enable/disable this mark.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Try this:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info19721-DisableMinimapTarget.html
Reply Quote
Community
18/05/2011 11:31Posted by Wildfox
When I click on a target, there's a yellow circle on a minimap showing the target's place. This mark came with the latest patch I suppose, because I haven't seen this mark before. I asked GM how can I turn it off, but he said I can't. He said it might change in a future patch.
Well it's looking probable that this will indeed be the case. It's our plan that both the target and focus icons on the minimap will be changed to be included as tracking options in the Tracking dropdown list. So you'll be able to simply toggle displaying them on the minimap, or not, as you prefer. This enhancement is currently lined up for patch 4.2.
Edited by Wryxian on 19/05/2011 10:13 BST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
:D
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Death Knight
18/05/2011 22:21Posted by Wryxian
Well it's looking probable that this will indeed be the case. It's our plan that both the target and focus icons on the minimap will be changed to be included as tracking options in the Tracking dropdown list. So you'll be able to simply toggle displaying them on the minimap, or not, as you prefer. This enchancement is currently lined up for patch 4.2.

/Highfive! Oh wait... :(

But anyhow, that's a nice change. I'd love to only use the focus targeting. :-)
Edited by Gontier on 18/05/2011 23:19 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Good change.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
enchancement

As a shaman, this makes me sad Wryxian. :C
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
This enchancement is currently lined up for patch 4.2.

Those blasted typo shamans have gotten to him! Release the Ninjas!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Google "Enchancement" and note the first link for a laugh.

Edited by Drox on 18/05/2011 23:34 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Well it's looking probable that this will indeed be the case. It's our plan that both the target and focus icons on the minimap will be changed to be included as tracking options in the Tracking dropdown list. So you'll be able to simply toggle displaying them on the minimap, or not, as you prefer. This enchancement is currently lined up for patch 4.2.

Sweet! How much does it cost?
Reply Quote
18/05/2011 23:32Posted by Drox
Google "Enchancement" and note the first link for a laugh.

Hahahahaha, that's bigger than *Actiblizztards member for sure :P

*premium accounts? GTFO.
Edited by Hikita on 19/05/2011 00:51 BST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

I don't want to just turn it on or off like other tracking option. Targets, focus targets and pets are rather more important than mining or herbalism nodes in the area. Having this mark on the minimap we've got now is overkill as it's four times as big as the normal dot, but I wouldn't want to have the exact same mark other forms of tracking have either. Can it at least get its own distinguished color so I can see the difference between my target and a mining node while not being so huge as it is now? I don't want it covering half my minimap but I also don't want to have to puzzle out which one of the 5 different dots on the minimap my target is.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Warrior
This enchancement is currently lined up for patch 4.2.

did anyone else read that in a Sandal "Enchantment!" voice in their head? :P

and I do like the target being marked on the map, but it does get in the way sometimes. a toggle is well and good but a smaller, but unique, mark would be ideal
Edited by Violetta on 19/05/2011 02:38 BST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
If you're zoomed out far enough it can cover up quest marks on the map, which I mainly use for looking to see if there's any nearby quests to turn in. Other than that I've found it fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
19/05/2011 00:39Posted by Shádux

Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
AoE

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
19/05/2011 02:37Posted by Violetta
a toggle is well and good but a smaller, but unique, mark would be ideal

yes, please, change the icon, just a circle, like a mining node, but with different color
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warlock
I think it would be nicer if you expanded the green circle in the middle to the full size of the icon and removed the yellow cross, i.e. just had the green circle. Would be more aesthetically pleasing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]