the most fun pvp class?

85 Orc Death Knight
im looking to reroll a new class on a new realm atm, finding my dk a bit stale atm and would like a bit of variation. this thread is NOT about the class being the best pvping class on the game, its about whats the most fun. after all this is a game and should be fun (also with this games balancing chances are bad classes will swap with the good ones sometime anyway). So.. what are peoples opinions on the most fun class to play? :D hunters look kinda fun?
Reply Quote
Anything OP.
Warr/Blood DK/Frost Mage/Hunters etc

Inc. lock/redirect.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
this thread is not about it being op, and a lock/redirect would be innapropriate as it fits in neither of the pvp sub forums. this is not about rbgs or arena, or world pvp and bg's. So i put it in the general section. =]
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Rogue
Rogues.
Reply Quote
Im looking to reroll for pvp too, was gonna level a mage and go fire at max level simply cos its harder than frost and more fun.

Dont suppose you wanna do it together? leveling alone is boring :(
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
i'll pass on the lvling together sorry :P would slow each other down as i would play odd hours to fit in lvling with my pvp atm =] fire mage might be cool tho..
Reply Quote
19/05/2011 14:40Posted by Obliterus
this thread is not about it being op, and a lock/redirect would be innapropriate as it fits in neither of the pvp sub forums. this is not about rbgs or arena, or world pvp and bg's. So i put it in the general section. =]

I say the OP classes because, quite simply, you would enjoy the game most being strong/able to do things.

I personally adore my Warlock, and have played it for 6 years solid, but I just despise the fact that Destro isn't viable at all, and all I can do is 1v1 duels. There is no fun to be had in being killed by someone who is terribad and has only killed you because of class.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
rogues are by far the most fun and versatile pvp character, has a lot of utility in combat and is really fun to play, if you're in to melee, if ranged I'd say hunters, reasons are the same.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
i can see your point vish, but wow constantly changes and im looking for a long term class- whats good now will proberly be awfull in 3 months time :P
Reply Quote
19/05/2011 14:46Posted by Obliterus
i can see your point vish, but wow constantly changes and im looking for a long term class- whats good now will proberly be awfull in 3 months time :P

Oh, then Warrior(+pocket healer)/(Frost) Mage/Rogue.

I put Frost in brackets because Fire/Arcane are also powerful every so often, but the Mage class in general is always strong.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
It depends what you define as fun.. but for long time balanced class, without real drawbacks in pve and pvp, only 3 remains.

melee - rogue

ranged - mage

healer - priest
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Fire mage of course. We lack damage, but we are fun class to play.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
roll frost mage ..you wont ever get nerfed badly, and can pretty much pvp in green gear and succeed ..this is if you want op

if you want a moderate challenge try hunter or rogue those 2 classes are either .you do well or your screwed ..no middle ground
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
why was this redirected here!??! HOW IN ANY WAY DOES IT FALL UNDER BATTLEGROUNDS AND WORLD PVP!!!
Reply Quote
Personal preference aside, fun in wow pvp tends to be balanced between survivability/damage capability and variety.

In terms of what they can do, the classes that people tend to stick with longest are as pre mentioned are Rogue, Mage, Preist... across 2/3 specs they always seem to be viable if not very strong and 'fun' to play.

Those three classes tick all of those boxes with slight hang ups and always start and finish very strong each patch/season/expansion. When you go over them with a fine-tooth comb rogues have suffered from lots of bugs in the past and still now, preist have suffered from lock outs, mage suffering from dispels but numbers show they've been the few classes have stuck with for a long time and still enjoyed themselves with.

And once in a while you'll try a different class and for whatever reason you seem to enjoy it even if its not the best or does the most damage, it could be a certain ability, it could just be what you can do with them outside of pvp as well or anything so the best advice i'd give is to try all the classes out. At this point i've got one of everything if not twice over and once in a while I'll go through a phase and enjoy one toon more than the other and of course play that one basically all the time.

Holy Pally, MM/BM Hunter, Feral Druid, Disco Preist, i've had fun on and been flavor of the month for me recently, i.e. now im really feeling my frost dk in pvp, its a spec I've wanted to be good in pvp for some time now (which it is atm) because largely its the only spec of a dks im really interested by but sooner or later I'll get bored of him too probably re-roll again.

On a level, the most fun in pvp is pvp itself, roll with the times, roll and re-roll them all and you'll probably find that one long term class you enjoy or at the very least keep pvping, learning other classes and end up like me who's still having a blast in pvp no matter what toon i'm on but not really having a main atm.

<-- warrior was my main in wotlk, i dont like how they are now so he's been left since then and I've not really found a new main again since then but I'm still having fun on whatever I play and thats the main thing.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
^cheers for the big post, think i might try lvl my mage, hes 61 atm.. lvling is just so dull tho :L
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
ive played alot of classes at end game over the expansions, but most fun ive ever had in pvp was mage, i stopped playing it at the end of wotlk, because they kinda got a bit too FotM, but recently lvld back up and im reminded of how much fun the class is, yes its very very powerful these days , but thats temporary, playstyle of the class is permanent.

i would adivse you to play a mage, low lvl its boring but once you get to around 60 you'll be loving it i guarantee.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Rogue
sub rogue and fire mage are the two funnest dps specs iv played out of my toons (got all bar shammy and hunter =p). and healing is a toss up between disc and resto druid for me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
What do you mean by "most fun?" The only reasonable conclusion is you are asking about FotM, as fun means different things to different people... aside from winning, which is always fun, thus FotM. For me, playing healers in BGs is so much fun I can do so indefinitely. Playing warlock, on the other hand, is so much fun because of what the class represents to me personally... Necromancer and Summoner, my most beloved types of sorcerers. I mean really, the only person who can tell what is the most fun to play is you yourself. This sounds more like you are bored with the game. I advise to take a break for a month or two and then come back. Things will be much better.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
You already know the answer, OP, you just need to know why you made it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]