Skip goblin and Worgen starting areas.

I don't know if I'm the only one that feels this way but I'm sick and tired of the gobling starting area. It was fun for the first 2 times but then It just gets boring.
So I would like to have an option at the beginning of the starting area to skip it and maybe start at the orc starting area.
That way I/we wouldn't have to go trough the same area over and over again.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Like the Barrens aren't boring. Or Ashenvale.
It's a brand new starting zone and personally I find it to be both entertaining and refreshing.

Sense, you make none.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Roll an orc and then racechange.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
29/05/2011 12:14Posted by Ellila
have to

You don't -have- to roll a goblin, you know.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
hey!

goblin rocks
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Priest
Have you noticed that the goblin starter areas are longer and partially harder than the worgen ones? Like the zombie quest for example.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Intrestingly enough, if blizzard were intent on moving the games story along, then they would have to find a way change and remove the starting zones for worgen and goblins, such as the goblins retaking kezan and making the whole island without the lost isles its starting zone, and the worgen getting to make Gilnaes there home again.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
If you wanna start in the orc starter area roll an orc.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Personally I love the Goblin starting area. Its my favourite in the entire game <3 I've leveled over ten Goblins through there :3 Only way to roll, man.

Granted, I can understand not liking it and wanting to skip it buuuut.... Its just so Goblin! How can you like Goblins and all that they are, but not like the starting area? You got bombs, fires, explosions, NPCs sticking with you, fighting for your people, zombies, vs kill 20 plain striders for their beaks... errrr.
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Warrior
It was you that decided to level multiple classes of the same race?

Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
OP has a point. The starting areas are like watching a movie. If you know what's going to happen, then it becomes a lot more boring to have to go through. Even if the goblin starting area is rather entertaining, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to go through it all again since I've already experienced it.

That said, Risc also makes a valid point of the fact that it's a lot better than the other starting areas which are mostly just a dull grindfest. But then it depends on your personal view I suppose.
Edited by Krisandra on 29/05/2011 13:55 BST
Reply Quote
29/05/2011 12:51Posted by Dhahaka

I knew someone would make an suggestion like this...
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
29/05/2011 13:32Posted by Brohg
the goblins retaking kezan
I got the impression Kezan was destroyed or otherwise rendered uninhabitable.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
29/05/2011 13:55Posted by Soulgrinder
the goblins retaking kezan
I got the impression Kezan was destroyed or otherwise rendered uninhabitable.

What you saw in the quest chain was only part of the island. Blizzard have said that they do want to be able to open up the island so that it would be possible to return. Maybe not to the Undermine which was destroyed, but at least the part of the island which we never saw.
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Priest
After Cata Mulgore is now the best zone for leveling imo. No more running like before, most annoying quest were removed/changed. Durotar is horrible with the "help the 4 people" quest, soooo boring.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
29/05/2011 13:47Posted by Ellila

Then why did you create this thread?
Reply Quote
29/05/2011 16:07Posted by Jarrad

Then why did you create this thread?

because I want someone to give actual feed back. and not make silly ideas
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
WoW is becoming too much like an interactive movie. They are removing the freedom. Everything is "take part in a storyline! No we dont care if you want to or nmjot, you are doing it!"

Everything is phased and part of an "epic questline" now, where you cant do anything until you complete this huge questline.

Remember Blizzard, just because you have phasing technology and made a cutscene in WoTLK, doesnt mean you have to add them ALL OVER THE PLACE.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]