DMF RP hotspots, taverns and events

Dear players of DMF

Below you will find a list of known places / taverns / events to go to find RP for horde and alliance. Please let me know if you have anything to add. Event wise I will put the recurring ones, do add yours by replying to this post!
Since I am not actively playing on alliance, I have to rely on input from you alliance players.

Do keep an eye on these realm forums for announcements of events.
online you can join /wewantrp; our ooc chat, or /lfrp; our ic tavern chat.

You can find a list of rp events here as well: wowgamer.co.uk, our unofficial forums.

Greets,

Zhinsa/Zhinlan

ps: making 1 thread for both sides again, since I suspect we did not get a sticky because it was split up in two seperate ones.
Edited by Zhinlan on 04/06/2011 22:58 BST
Reply Quote
ALLIANCE

RP Hotspots

Darkshire is the home of the Darkshire guard.

Goldshire: the more 'questionable' sort of RP can be found here. Do not despair, there is other sorts of roleplay to be found out there too! It can be a good place to bump into newer roleplayers that didn't find a decent guild or group yet.

Theramore: seems to become more and more populated and several guilds now recide there. a good place to start looking for RP

Stormwind: is a place where you can find random RP, by roleplaying there yourself.

Taverns

The dwarven district tavern: can see it's fair share of roleplayers.

The Old Town tavern: is always filled with RP players.

Blackmist Brigade Tavern:
The Blackmist Brigade will be hosting a tavern night every first Thursday of the month, opening at 20:00 and we close when everybody has had enough.
Everybody who wants to come is invited to these. We will supply the booze, but feel free to bring your own if you're picky about your drinks.

We hope to see you all in the Slaughtered Lamb!
Poster for the Tavern Nights:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/TwistedMind/242d4b8b.jpg
Edited by Zhinlan on 04/06/2011 13:03 BST
Reply Quote
Recurring events:

The Blackmist Brigade Tavern nights:
The blackmist brigade will be hosting a tavern night every first Thursday of the month, opening at 20:00 and we close when everybody has had enough. Everybody who wants to come is invited to these. We will supply the booze, but feel free to bring your own if you're picky about your drinks.

We hope to see you all in the Slaughtered Lamb!
Poster for the Tavern Nights:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/TwistedMind/242d4b8b.jpg

Cupcake College Gone Fishing
Every 2nd Tuesday of the month
Time: 21:00 to 22:00

Description:
Fishing event, trying to catch various rare catches every 2nd Tuesday of the month from 21 to 21. Also fishermen's unbelievable stories and drinking of alcohol may occur. Please no show-off of fishing achievements in /s or /y (wearing the achievement title "Salty" is not considered show-off, neither is display of fishing specific items, companions etc.).
Edited by Zhinlan on 15/07/2011 11:12 BST
Reply Quote
HORDE

Horde RP can be easier to find if you are in a guild. If you want to be sure of your daily 'dose of roleplay', then join a RP guild! You can find a list of them with the stickies on this forum.

Make sure to join /wewantrp, a very active channel on this side of the server, and a place where rp events are announced!

Known hotspots:
Silvermoon, the Wayfairers Inn: the more 'questionable' sort of RP can be found here. Do not despair, there is other sorts of roleplay to be found out there too!
It can be a good place to bump into newer roleplayers, that didn't find the other places yet.

Thunderbluff: has it's ups and downs for Tribal RP (tales and legends nights are held there)

Ashzara / Bilgewater Harbour: Home of Inconspicious Inc and the Taste-E burger. Chances are big you will bump into one of them there often!

Brill and Undercity: the place to find the Undercity Guard and the Dark League for some Forsaken roleplay!

Ratchet: Random rp can often be found in the Keel on nights other than Fridays. You will frequently find Clan Bladewind here, or members of various guards relaxing over a drink and gossip, and it acts as home to most of the staff who are usually happy to rp with anyone who shows.

Taverns:
The Broken Keel: lively tavern in Ratchet, opens on Friday evenings at 21 hours. Contact Sastri or join /wewantrp for more information!

Sweetbuns restaurant: a goblin catered restaurant. Opens on Tuesdays at 21 hours. Please contact Bumi for more details!

The Rotten Limb tavern: forsaken catered tavern. Opens twice a month on Wednesdays. Poke the Dark League for more information
Edited by Zhinlan on 26/12/2011 15:07 GMT
Reply Quote
Horde Recurring events:

Blood Knight Training:
Monday evenings, 21.00 server time, Silvermoon.
Training of Blood Knight characters, but other character classes have become involved too. We welcome people as teachers or students; usually found in the training area of Farstrider Square in Silvermoon, though we do make field trips. Contact Sister Tállis or Brother Kaeldon if you're interested, or just wander by
Edited by Zhinlan on 26/12/2011 15:08 GMT
Reply Quote
I will need some help fleshing out the Alliance part, so far this is based on what Cristos had put in his old post, plus a few things that I know.
Could I have some info from the Cupcake collega about their preformances?
Maybe we could put some VoV and BB events in here that are open to all as well?
Are the hotspots and taverns more or less correct or are there changes?

And let's hope this one will actually get a sticky!
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Warlock
Looks good. Info on the BK training (which badly needs renaming now) can usually be found by asking in wewantrp too.

Now gief sticky!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
82 Worgen Druid
This is to let the RP community of DMF know that I, Catrip, am the author and copyright owner of the plays "The Surwich Seawitch" and "The Cursed Eggs" which take place in Surwich (Blasted Lands) and Dustwallow Marsh. I spent weeks writing and preparing each play.

I have left Cupcake College due to irreconcileable differences in values.

As per binding agreement which already exists with Arhilia and Dolinarian, the only people who I sent a copy of my plays, these are NOT to be used without the permission of the author.

I forbid the use of my plays in whole or part, privately or publicly. These are also not to be sent to others. Any such use would be theft and against my express wishes. You could recognise this theft as Catrip and Byte would not be present.

I believe the RP community of DMF will respect this author's wishes.
Reply Quote
I'll remove the Cupcake part from the events section.

I'd still like some alliance input tho
*pokes alliance*
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
As far as I am aware there aren't many reoccuring RP events on the Alliance at the moment. Most of the RP remains within rp guilds.
Reply Quote
thanks for the info!
if anyone has anything to add, just post it here (and let's hope they get that stickie problem fixed soon)
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Warlock
May I suggest adding Ratchet to the 'Horde RP Hotspots', as random rp can often be found in the Keel on nights other than Fridays? You will frequently find Clan Bladewind here, or members of various guards relaxing over a drink and gossip, and it acts as home to most of the staff who are usually happy to rp with anyone who shows.
Reply Quote
I'd like to point out that our official opening time is now 21:00, because we noticed few people ever showed up before that time anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Zhinlan,

I dont know whether its a bit premature to add the Cupcake College Old Ironjaw Efforts to recurring RP events as a recurring audience has not yet been established. For my part I plan to throw some hours after said fish, and would love to have some company. If you find appropriate at some time, please feel free to add something like:

Cupcake College Old Ironjaw Efforts:
Fishing event, trying to catch Old Ironjaw in Forlorn Caverns in Ironforge every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from 20:30 to 21:00. Also fishermen's unbelievable stories and drinking of alcohol may occur. Please no show-off of fishing achievements in /s or /y (wearing the achievement title "Salty" is not considered show-off).
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
sticky, yay!
Reply Quote
It's a miracle
Reply Quote
oooh! stickie!
ok, I'll update it this week, promise :-)
Reply Quote
updated!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I have made some small changes to the "Cupcake College Old Ironjaw Efforts".

- The name is now "Cupcake College Gone Fishing"
- It's now only every 2nd Tuesday of the month
- The time is 21:00 to 22:00

Description:
Fishing event, trying to catch various rare catches every 2nd Tuesday of the month from 21 to 21. Also fishermen's unbelievable stories and drinking of alcohol may occur. Please no show-off of fishing achievements in /s or /y (wearing the achievement title "Salty" is not considered show-off, neither is display of fishing specific items, companions etc.).
Reply Quote
updated!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]