Raid Updates for 4.2

Community
With the upcoming content patch, 10 and 25-person Normal mode raid encounters will be receiving a comprehensive set of tuning adjustments to decrease their difficulty.

These changes will allow players, groups, and guilds who have yet to experience the content in Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, and Throne of the Four Winds an opportunity to do so.

With the addition of a new tier of armour and weapons, we want to make the previous tier more accessible and so we are making item level 359 gear purchasable for Justice points in the upcoming content patch.

Read the updated patch notes here to see the current list of changes:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2251127#blog

Please note that all adjustments are subject to change based on the current 4.2 testing on the PTR.
90 Orc Death Knight
I laughed a bit tbh.

Well pugs will be happy!
Edited by Bodom on 24/05/2011 20:31 BST
85 Dwarf Hunter
well well, more nerfing content. but ofc. the philosophy behind it is allright, if thats the way blizzard want the game to be.
85 Troll Warlock
I don't PvE so I don't care, but it's a real shame that TotalBiscuit will stop doing Azeroth Dailies because of this.
74 Gnome Warlock
The secret behind having fun in a game is by actually doing things yourself and not get it served to you on a plate. By the way normals are not even hard to PuG 10/12 atm, 12/12 with a bit of coordination.
85 Gnome Warlock
/face of disappointment
85 Orc Shaman
I learned to play while trying to get in to Molten Core runs back in Vanilla. If you couldn't perform you where not wanted. Now if you can't perform it's because the game is too hard and not because you suck... There are hardly any hard roles left in the game either
85 Tauren Death Knight
24/05/2011 20:33Posted by Chibbi
The secret behind having fun in a game is by actually doing things yourself and not get it served to you on a plate.
85 Tauren Warrior
/sigh.
33 Goblin Rogue
Look forward to the developer chats shooting the breeze about this one...
Edited by Jezziah on 24/05/2011 21:02 BST
90 Undead Warlock
Why not introduce multiple difficulty levels rather then changing it for everyone? Just make them something like:

-PuG-able easy
-Ye average player
-Little challenging
-"Normal"
-Challenging
-Difficult
-Impossible

Or something of the like.

But nerfing everything is just wrong in my opinion :-(
85 Troll Rogue
this is just pure %#@* i mean seriously blizz you dont need to nerf content to the crappy %#@* players level and instead let the %#@* player get to the level of the game, just cus you pay to play it that dosent make it so you can see every content, i am sick of this attitude from you blizz with your nerfing. i am kinda of an hardcore player and i think its too easy even heroics arent hard so stop doing it blizz!
85 Night Elf Rogue
I love to see wannabes raging. I feed on their tears.
85 Tauren Death Knight
24/05/2011 20:32Posted by Makesh
I don't PvE so I don't care, but it's a real shame that TotalBiscuit will stop doing Azeroth Dailies because of this.

are you kidding?
90 Draenei Shaman
Why not introduce multiple difficulty levels rather then changing it for everyone? Just make them something like:

-PuG-able easy
-Ye average player
-Little challenging
-"Normal"
-Challenging
-Difficult
-Impossible

Or something of the like.

But nerfing everything is just wrong in my opinion :-(

Pretty much this.
90 Draenei Paladin
Doesnt bother me
85 Worgen Druid
Seriously.. you just nerf raids cause pugs, or beginners can not get them down.. i though cataclysm was the expension where it was going to be fun.. not being nerf the hell down like WOTLK though you guys said on BLIZZCON that you will not make it like WOTLK :S i am really confused.. it seems that blizz is not stay what the promised us.. no way theres gone be challange if things get nerfed each time just to get pugs, lowbies happy.. mostly the younger people i guess..

oh well great job.. another nerf

well if you nerf things out.. nerf Druids threats.. we are way to OP with that but ye.. talk to alot of GM´s still not fix
1 Human Warrior
Normal mode raids should be easy enough for random pugs to complete, but should only ever drop blue 359 item level gear.

Heroic mode raids should be bloody difficult, more so than now, and drop epics.

That way the casual masses get to experience the content, and the small number of true hardcore players get the challenge that they want.
90 Night Elf Druid
Everyone calling themselves "hardcore" need to wake up, smell the cheese. You're getting firelands, go do current content. This game is for EVERYONE, Allowing these so called "lesser" players to be able to raid old content with ease and not just kill the first boss, they pay like you do. Jesus, it's just a game. chill the f*ck out!

~Spine

EDIT: didn't make sense :P
Edited by Spinebr on 24/05/2011 21:26 BST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]