Level 60-70 raids

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
i realy think blizz should make some new level 60 and 70 raids! i am level 70 and have never been to a raid before! i can but no one else wanna do a level 70 raid! we level 70 should get a chance to do a raid to.at least blizz could have changed the old raids maby make black temple a bit bether so peoples wanna come there.we level 70 can no longer get Epic Loot Mases of gold or do raid bosses so its realy unfair that only the high level peoples are gone do raids.we level 60-70 never get a chance to try a raid if ur gone do a burning crusade raid u have to solo it in level 85.not that they are bad raids but no one wanna do them anymore you can use an entire day to try making a group whitout coming anywhere.think about it! ypu are level 85 u leave the server for 8 years and when u log on no one wanna do a raid whit you not even when u have come up 5-10 levels!
Edited by Vegorr on 09/06/2011 14:39 BST
Reply Quote
Gruul
Magtheridon
Serpentshrine Cavern
Tempest Keep
Mount Hyjal
Black Temple
Sunwell Plateau
Karazhan

Not enough raids for you?

at least blizzard could have changed the old raids maby make black temple a bit bether so peoples wanna come there

Those raids were fantastic. Don't come in here with your uniformed opinions of a place that you have never even seen the inside of.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Raids are end-game content, there's no point doing them as you're levelling past them. The epics will become useless within a couple of levels, they don't give much XP with a full raid group, plus you and your party of 70's are going to fail hard if you think you can walk into BT in questing gear and clear the place.

Old content is old. Get used to it.
Reply Quote
Protspec : ok then maby u wanna boost me in a bc raid then
Edited by Vegorr on 09/06/2011 14:39 BST
Reply Quote
MVP
85 Gnome Priest
06/06/2011 10:26Posted by Scerion
Raids are end-game content, there's no point doing them as you're levelling past them.

But perhaps that is an outdated way of thinking?

I mean, a problem identified by some raiders is that new players don't know how to raid once they reach the endgame.
The logical way to adress that problem would be to introduce raiding earlier, so new players are more experienced once they reach the endgame, no?

Ultimately, the reason why people don't do any of the old raiding instances when leveling is mainly because of the fact that the experience you get is trivial.

But what if the experience you got from raids was as good as the experience you could get from doing 5man dungeons? Would leveling players be more inclined to do MC, BWL and Naxx while leveling then? I think so.

If you decreased the level range of the raids a bit, so that MC became a level 40 raid, BWL a level 45 raid, and AQ a level 50 raid, would you not have a viable leveling path through raiding alone then?
It could be done for TBC as well, by having SSC/TK be intended for level 60 players, and BT/MH for level 65 players, and maybe Sunwell remain as a level 70 raid.

I mean, imagine if you could level up from level 40 to level 80 through raiding alone - that would be awesome.
It would give leveling guilds a whole new gameplay aspect to focus on, and it could help "teach" newcomers what raiding is all about, before setting foot into the hard raiding content at level 85.
If the raids were balanced to not be much harder than the 5man dungeons, then it wouldn't be difficult to form a 10 or 25man raid for them. And they're already filled with loot and gold, so...

I would not mind if Blizzard re-made the old raids so that they supported leveling, rather than now where they just act as museums for players who want a nostalgic look into the past.
Reply Quote
09/06/2011 14:33Posted by Vegorr
Protspec : ok then maby u wanna boost me in a bc raid then

Trust me dude. You don't want to be boosted through a raid. I deliberately don't go back to old raids anymore because they are a shadow of their former self and that makes me sad. Best to keep the old memories.

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!!!!

Good times :D
Reply Quote
09/06/2011 15:19Posted by Jito
Raids are end-game content, there's no point doing them as you're levelling past them.

But perhaps that is an outdated way of thinking?

I mean, a problem identified by some raiders is that new players don't know how to raid once they reach the endgame.
The logical way to adress that problem would be to introduce raiding earlier, so new players are more experienced once they reach the endgame, no?

Ultimately, the reason why people don't do any of the old raiding instances when leveling is mainly because of the fact that the experience you get is trivial.

But what if the experience you got from raids was as good as the experience you could get from doing 5man dungeons? Would leveling players be more inclined to do MC, BWL and Naxx while leveling then? I think so.

If you decreased the level range of the raids a bit, so that MC became a level 40 raid, BWL a level 45 raid, and AQ a level 50 raid, would you not have a viable leveling path through raiding alone then?
It could be done for TBC as well, by having SSC/TK be intended for level 60 players, and BT/MH for level 65 players, and maybe Sunwell remain as a level 70 raid.

I mean, imagine if you could level up from level 40 to level 80 through raiding alone - that would be awesome.
It would give leveling guilds a whole new gameplay aspect to focus on, and it could help "teach" newcomers what raiding is all about, before setting foot into the hard raiding content at level 85.
If the raids were balanced to not be much harder than the 5man dungeons, then it wouldn't be difficult to form a 10 or 25man raid for them. And they're already filled with loot and gold, so...

I would not mind if Blizzard re-made the old raids so that they supported leveling, rather than now where they just act as museums for players who want a nostalgic look into the past.

Agree with Jito!!!
Reply Quote
it's sad how my first forum ever sux!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
19/04/2012 13:49Posted by Vegorr
it's sad how my first forum ever sux!

It's sad how you felt the need to necro a 5 month dead thread about a topic that has been discussed and ridiculed to the death years before you posted it in the first place.
Reply Quote
it's sad ur an a@%hole!
Edited by Vegorr on 18/06/2012 16:11 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]