Enhancement Shaman Itemization and Loot Drops

Community
In general, we don't set out to provide perfect itemization for every spec in every tier of items, however we try to not neglect anyone either. This sometimes results in situations where, say for example the mainhand slot, is easier to obtain for one spec over another. We have seen some comments from Enhancement Shaman about Nefarian's axe (Crul'korak, the Lightning's Arc) being a harder item to obtain for raiders than different spec counterparts.

While we don't go out of our way to make these differences, we are fine with them happening from time to time. In the above example with Nefarian's axe, we chose to go that route because historically, Nefarian also dropped a similar type axe in Blackwing Lair. We also like the idea of weapons being on an "end boss", as they generally are quite sought after items.

That said, Firelands will be dropping two weapons suitable for Enhancement Shaman that do not involve killing Ragnaros. One of these will even be able to drop from multiple bosses.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
A blue in the shammy class forum.. That certainly caught my attention.

Glad to know Enhancement shammy's may get their Weapons next tier.
Edited by Torniquet on 09/06/2011 14:30 BST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
The way enhancement is going we won't be involved in killing ragnaros anyway.
Ranged > melee plus the fact that we scale so unbelievably poor that it's not even viable to be enhancement in firelands as it stands now.

Unless you've got something actually interresting to say about enhancement changes/scaling that are much needed.
Edited by Ðkay on 09/06/2011 14:54 BST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I hope there will also be a non tier mail drop that has expertise on it
Reply Quote
I like how people try to "Ultra Whine" about everything they have problem with when they see a blue response in hopes that it will be looked into. Not only he is a community manager but they already said they do read forums, its not like they only read the forums that they respond in.

On topic, good to know enhancement will have some weapons available from weaker/earlier bosses.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Thats good to know, but with or without the weapons, we will still be at the bottom of the dps meters. Hope blizz does something about that. Or at least answer a whole lot of questions in the next Q and A
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I like how people try to "Ultra Whine" about everything they have problem with when they see a blue response in hopes that it will be looked into. Not only he is a community manager but they already said they do read forums, its not like they only read the forums that they respond in.

On topic, good to know enhancement will have some weapons available from weaker/earlier bosses.

Be happy you're not playing on a competative level and see the shortcomings of our class, be very happy...
Edited by Ðkay on 09/06/2011 15:03 BST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Problem that presents, is that now, every one, except enha shaman, prot wars/pals, rogues and ferals get no weapon of higher ilvl (rag or so)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Its cool that endbosses drop weapons for enhancer.
The problem in this tier is that nefarian is the only boss dropping weapon for enhancer.

Its cool that we get weapons form other bosses ,hopefully the endboss is still dorpping a cool weapon for enhancer next tier.... but I also hope we don´t get weapons with strange stats or proccs. Black Bruise and Claws of Agony are good examples for bad itemisation.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
09/06/2011 14:55Posted by Shambulánce
I hope there will also be a non tier mail drop that has expertise on it

if you look at current lootables, shaman in BiS is way overcaped before reforging....
Orcs are overcapped when reforging every single piece of expertise away, every one else is overcapped if they optimise reforging (reforge crit from axes instead of expertise)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Better late than never, but finally some feedback. Thx a lot for that!

Though in the past nefarian dropped higher ilvl loot than the rest of BWL.
This isn't the case for BWD's nefarian.

But in firelands this will be the case. And for the same historical reasons the original ragnaros didn't drop a slow 1h agi weapon, the new one won't neither. (if I follow your logic)

But i guess (and hope) that list is not final. An agility neck upgrade is nothing compared to a weapon upgrade. Hunters can even get the neck and gun.
I see that 2h str users are being served with each end boss. Ashkandi (3.8speed) now and sulfuras (higher ilvl and 3.8sp also) in firelands.

Anyway I like that our concerns are being heard finally.
So while you guys hearing us. Also have some better plans for enhance's AoE system?
Like in, we can't do any aoe if our FS target dies too fast (if i do BWL for the lulz, i can't AoE down the whelps >.<). It's clunky, requires a lot of addons, mouseover macro's, not doable with standard blizz UI. There are plenty of ideas already posted that would solve the large ramp up time and will give better reward for the things we have to do. Now it's just bad AoE compared to other classes who spam 1 button and top the meters :<
Reply Quote
09/06/2011 14:15Posted by Takralus
That said, Firelands will be dropping two weapons suitable for Enhancement Shaman that do not involve killing Ragnaros. One of these will even be able to drop from multiple bosses.

Thank you for the attention.

Hope some change will be put also for Enhancement Spec to help us to better standing in pve and pvp.

Regards.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
A blue in the shammy class forum.. That certainly caught my attention.

Glad to know Enhancement shammy's may get their Weapons next tier.

Actually, thats a repost from one of responces on US forums regarding agi weapons....

Our weapons were called niche' there, this post was one that comed things down (as people pointed out, more niche weapons have better availability, Such as slow agi swords - only one spec needs them and only 1 of them, while there is 2 in this tier + an alternative of the lightning arc, as well as niche weapons --> hunter ranged weapons)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
09/06/2011 15:34Posted by Drmetal
Actually, thats a repost from one of responces on US forums regarding agi weapons....
Ah which explains why its a new post rather than response in one of the existing threads.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
With the patch coming closer and closer to a possible release date, I doubt that they will implement any scaling changes.

Personally I had both my weapons (being the only enhancement shaman of the guild) within two kills. If you're not playing in an uber bad guild then you shouldn't have any problems getting them.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
09/06/2011 15:26Posted by Drmetal
if you look at current lootables, shaman in BiS is way overcaped before reforging....

Ah yes because all loot stats should be calculated on the BiS list Mhmmm yeh....
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
09/06/2011 15:58Posted by Shambulánce
Ah yes because all loot stats should be calculated on the BiS list Mhmmm yeh....
No. But secondary stats should simply not be such a waste compared to hit/expertise and int.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Personally I had both my weapons (being the only enhancement shaman of the guild) within two kills. If you're not playing in an uber bad guild then you shouldn't have any problems getting them.

Same, only Enha, and even rogue passed (for orc rogue axe > sword), but took 3.5 months to drop 2 axe.
So its only pure luck.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Should I be happy to use 6 ilvl lower item than STR melees?
No.
Edited by Faraleth on 09/06/2011 17:32 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]