Stop the Multiboxing

85 Undead Mage
I don't know why the Blizzard Team let players create more than one account only to use them in the same time.

Multibox are like a bot, because the "main" account control also the action of the other.
Multiboxing ruins the pvp game because player doen't have the time to react that they are already dead because the focus of 4/5 enemy.

So, please Blizz Team.

DO SOMETHING!

(sorry for bad english)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Would you still complain if it were 5 different people going around in a group focusing on one person at a time?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
They won't stop it, because they are makimg loads of money off of it.
Reply Quote
29 Draenei Shaman
I don't know why the Blizzard Team let players create more than one account only to use them in the same time.

Multibox are like a bot, because the "main" account control also the action of the other.
Multiboxing ruins the pvp game because player doen't have the time to react that they are already dead because the focus of 4/5 enemy.

So, please Blizz Team.

DO SOMETHING!

(sorry for bad english)

Oh dear god stop these threads!

It is FINE.

I do not MB but damn do I get excited when I see them in the BG. 5 Free Hks anyone??? Yes please.

Also, they pay 5x the amount as you, so they won't get removed.

They are EASY to deal with, especially as a mage which you are.

And lastly, you say they are like bots? yeah...OK! Sure pal, so you wouldn't care if you had the choice to choose between 5 bots or a multiboxer on your own team?

Get over it, they're fine and so rare to see you whining about them is utterly pathetic,.
Reply Quote
66 Human Warlock
whenever i happen to have a multiboxer on my team i know it's usually 4-5 spots in my team wasted,because if the other team knows what they are doing the multiboxer is more or less useless.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
30/05/2011 00:03Posted by Nutmeg

This. They're limited as to what they can actually do. It's about having x WoW clients running simoultaneously and each keybind controls the actions for all x characters. If you can target the master character and scatter / mass CC the rest, then taking them down should be easy. Each of the secondary characters is set to /follow and /assist the primary one. If you can get them to stop following the master character, then you've bought yourself valuable time. Admitedly if it's a class which can heal then trying to kill the master character might be troublesome if they get the heal off.

That said, you wouldn't charge at 5 players on your own (Unless you're absolutely crazy), and charging at 1 player with 5 characters is no different.
Edited by Krisandra on 30/05/2011 00:14 BST
Reply Quote
29 Draenei Shaman
30/05/2011 00:12Posted by Krisandra

This. They're limited as to what they can actually do. It's about having x WoW clients running simoultaneously and each keybind controls the actions for all x characters. If you can target the master character and scatter / mass CC the rest, then taking them down should be easy. Each of the secondary characters is set to /follow and /assist the primary one. If you can get them to stop following the master character, then you've bought yourself valuable time. Admitedly if it's a class which can heal then trying to kill the master character might be troublesome if they get the heal off.

That said, you wouldn't charge at 5 players on your own (Unless you're absolutely crazy), and charging at 1 player with 5 characters is no different.

Not to mention, using the trinket on one would on all I would assume..in most cases.

Sheep the main, nuke the others...when he trinkets, sheep him again and Ring of frost. The others all stuck now and can't do jack. Kill the main.

Along with novas, deep freeze, pet freeze and everything else...a mage has the least problems against them. Hell, back in wrath I was playing ret and easily took the usual shaman ones. Though rets not my main now, and I play many...I've never had an issue with them.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
29/05/2011 23:53Posted by Thamage

No, the player directly controls the account at all times, which is precisely what botting isn't.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Its always shamens aswell..

Thinking back it makes me chuckle the four + chars walking around together

Would love to see someone multibox rogue
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Its always shamens aswell..

Thinking back it makes me chuckle the four + chars walking around together

Would love to see someone multibox rogue

I've tried it, it's damn hard, but it's really fun when you pull it off. Sadly it's only effective in pve.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
30/05/2011 00:02Posted by Viparash
They won't stop it, because they are makimg loads of money off of it.

What do you mean by loads? I have played WoW since EU launch and I've seen... About 10 multiboxers in total? I can even remember some of them because they're so rare.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Regardless of how you feel about one person controlling multiple characters, that is the irrelevant factor in this equation. Multi-boxing, as long as it is one person controlling characters on accounts that they are the registered user of, is permitted.

If they are otherwise violating our policies, especially non-participation within a Battleground, please report that.

Blue post from a few days ago.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
well, on lower levels it's especially deadly.

I've seen 3 DKs controlled by the same person and they've pretty much killed most people just by that triple Icy Touch..

But imagine eve lower level. On about lvl 19, good geared MM hunter can 1shot you with Aimed Shot crit even with bubble on. Now imagine 3 of them. it would be enough to just spam Arcane Shot and noone would have chance.

At least there is honor cap so you can't grind honor this way to buy high end items (since you can't buy them till you are high enough level)
Reply Quote
25 Undead Rogue
29/05/2011 23:58Posted by Yysara
Would you still complain if it were 5 different people going around in a group focusing on one person at a time?

There used to be 5 rogues on my server that did just that. They started working together in the Barrens and worked their way up through the levels.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Greetings Thamage,

I appreciate that this topic may not have been originally meant for the Customer Support Forum, but as it’s now here I’m afraid I can only continue to provide you with our official stance on multiboxing (which you may well have heard before).

The simultaneous use of multiple game clients and multiple accounts by the account holder of said accounts is fully allowed within the game Terms of Use as long as no actual automation is taking place (i.e. as long as one keypress only initiates one action per client).

While it may obviously be rather difficult to survive an attack by four or five such characters, please don’t forget that being jumped by the equivalent number of relatively well coordinated individual players is still likely to have the same outcome, and may indeed even be harder to combat as simultaneously controlled characters will likely also suffer from an inability to react to evasive action in the same way that a person controlling a single character might.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
In the case of 5x multiboxing, it's 5x more profitable for blizz to allow it than to stop it. So for that reason it's not going anywhere.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Greetings Thamage,
While it may obviously be rather difficult to survive an attack by four or five such characters, please don’t forget that being jumped by the equivalent number of relatively well coordinated individual players is still likely to have the same outcome, and may indeed even be harder to combat as simultaneously controlled characters will likely also suffer from an inability to react to evasive action in the same way that a person controlling a single character might.

Now that's just a wrong way of thinking. You are giving one player a *HUGE* advantage. That one (!) player can easily beat any other 1-3 (!) players. The fact that he can be beaten by a fully coordinated (= non-existant) 5man team in a random BG, does not change anything to this fact.
I still do not understand why Blizzard allows such a frustrating thing to go around.

I don't see the difference between giving a player an overpowered weapon and saying "he can be beaten by someone who works months to get a legendary weapon so it's fair" and this situation. Both are utterly unfair, frustrating and downright ridiculous.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Kill the lead char
rest of chars stop
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight

So, please Blizz Team.

DO SOMETHING!

(sorry for bad english)

Lol.. nothing more to say.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]