Yuma says farewell

90 Tauren Druid
Dear Hellscream residents,

For the past 6 years, I had the honour of being part of the great WoW adventure. My Tauren Druid saw his first light of day on April 14th 2005 and has since then been my only character. When I reached level 10, I got invited to one of the first Horde guilds on Hellscream: The First Legion. At the start of the game, this was merely a leveling guild. On my path to level 60 (as Balance Druid, Hurricane as 31 pointer), I met some nice people to level with (Close, Rixta). At level 55 The First Legion merged with Might of Kalimdor; Red Moon was born.

I remember the first months of raiding, in the summer of 2005. Doing the Onyxia quest chain, working together as a guild to advance in Molten Core (in a race against Eternal Dawn on Alliance side) and getting some server first kills (Azuregos and Onyxia). I also remember well when Red Moon failed in September 2005 and the guild fell apart. I moved to Laughing Skull to try something new and leveled a Druid there. But Hellscream was my home already and I decided to come back after 3.5 months. Together with Nether, new life was given to Red Moon in December 2005 and the heavy burden of Guild Master was laid upon my shoulders.

I remember how quickly we were back in the raiding scene, delivering killing blows in Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair and Zul'Gurub. I also remember our epic adventures in Blackwing Lair and later on in AQ40 and Naxx. What a great times we had! Then Burning Crusade came and I immensely enjoyed the raiding content in that expansion. From Gruul's Lair to Sunwell Plateau and doing all the attunements for the respective instances, it felt like an epic journey.

During Wrath of the Lich King, I mainly enjoyed my time in Ulduar. All the other instances were less fun for me. Also having to kill the same bosses four times a week (normal mode 10m, hard mode 10m, normal mode 25m, hard mode 25m) made me lose some fun in the game. When we cleared Icecrown Citadel, I was getting a bit tired from it all. But I am not a person who quits that easily, so I gave it one more chance in Cataclysm. The leveling process was enjoyable and the revamped old world was amazing. But the raiding content didn't give me the same thrill as it used to and I came to the conclusion that WoW had lost its shiny glow for me.

Next to that I am going to buy a new synthesizer (I've always made music in the past), which will take up quite a lot of my time. So IRL I will focus on different things as well.

As a result, I have decided to quit playing WoW. My guild already knows this for quite a while, as I obviously had to make sure all GM rights were transfered and my departure would be as smooth as possible for Red Moon. Since I've played with quite some Hellscream players from outside Red Moon as well, I thought it would be nice to make a post to thank them.

I hereby would like to thank all those who've made WoW such a great experience! I thank my guild for all the joy and teamwork we had over the past 6 years! I thank also all officers who loyally stood by my side in guiding Red Moon all these years. I am not going to post a list of people I would like to thank, as I'm sure I'll forget some. ;)

My account will be deactivated somewhere at the start of August. I won't be online much though, so I wish everyone happy hunting in WoW or otherwise.

May our paths cross again!

Yuma
Edited by Yuma on 10/06/2011 01:37 BST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warlock
/wave

Good luck in your real life adventures.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Take care mate i never know you personally but have been told from several people you're a nice guy and were a great GM. Best of luck wherever your life takes you now and i hope everything goes the way you want it to.

/Salute

Have fun chap.

Steve.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
(This is not a trolling post.)

Let's have a serious discussion here if you plan to follow this thread for awhile. I, unfortunately can only base my judgements from second hand knowledge which in some ways may make me look like a fool, but I trust the people I've told and I trust the judgements alot of the ex-vets have.

Are you sure you are not wearing nostalgia glasses? The reason I say that is simply due to abilities for one. Several DPS classes during Vanilla literally had 1 or 2 button rotations (to me this seems boring), whereas boss abilities were also fairly lack luster. I'm not talking about whether or not they one shot you, more so how different abilities sync'd to eachother and prior to really Naxx40 there wasn't any synergy to abilities, usually because their was only one boss ability happening at a time. I speak to people who played then about having to go out and farm constantly to afford repairs, other materials. As Kungen said in his post awhile ago he found having to farm Onyxia week in, week out in order to get enough cloaks to down Nefarian a grind that shouldn't have been necessary, yet it was.

I feel the game (since I've been playing) has moved from less of a grind to an actually harder game. In regards to say hunters, no more pets running away when they're unhappy. Having to feed pets got reduced to mend pet spam+talent, to eventually happiness removed. It was a fairly unneeded feature. Yet the bosses in some degrees became more twitch action (You have 1s to interrupt or GG wipe.) which in my eyes makes it harder. But, yes, I agree the possible 'extra' or 'niche' abilities are being simplified / removed for simply being pointless.

You talk about farming 10m normal, 25 normal, 10m heroic, 25 man heroic. However for progression (prior to Cataclysm) unless you were properly 10 man strict, you didn't really need to do any of the 10 man stuff. And also in that regard the only tier where you could do it 4 times was Trial of the Crusader, a tier which Blizzard has said overshadowed Ulduar in the fact of ilvl and was released too soon. So to that debate well really you're wrong. There was one tier and the normal procedure was 10norm or HC + 25norm or HC.

They've gone to simplify this now to remove even more grind and try to balance the two modes and make you pick exclusively which you want to choose 10 or 25. No more having to run the same instance twice a week. You may mention alt characters but they are entirely up to you and not fair to criticise Blizzard for repetitive content.

You didn't actually mention it but I'll bring it up anyway and that is rehashed content (SFK HC/VC HC/ZG/ZA/Ony80/Nefarian to some degree et cetera) and I agree that Blizzard may seem lazy but! to a new person coming into the game, they would see these huge areas completely unusued.

"What's that?" new player said to the veteran.
"That's Zul'Gurub, people only go their to solo it for mounts, hasn't been used properly in 4 years" he replies
"Seems a waste of space (literally)..."

And in that regard the new player is correct.

I am not belitting previous expansions content simply trying to say. These days the bosses are harder but the grind to get to them/for your character to raid is alot less.

I like this new system of raid design making nearly every boss challenging as progress rather than joke boss, joke boss, joke boss, IMPOSSIBLE END BOSS.

Anyway, that's me done. Good luck in your music career and I wish you the best of luck.

/Xaythe
Edited by Xaythe on 09/06/2011 23:32 BST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
We didn't talk much but you were a nice chap to speak with.

You did wonders for that guild and brought it back from the dead. Sure you'll do great stuff with your music IRL.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
@Xaythe Each to their own to be fair! Pretty sure we don't need this discussion in a good bye thread either do we? Even if what you say most would partly agree on
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
09/06/2011 23:39Posted by Sallador
@Xaythe Each to their own to be fair! Pretty sure we don't need this discussion in a good bye thread either do we? Even if what you say most would partly agree on

While I agree, I think it's healthy to discuss things when people decide to part ways, see what people truly dislike and exactly what is forcing them to leave so we the players can help change Warcraft for the better :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/06/2011 23:42Posted by Xaythe

While I agree, I think it's healthy to discuss things when people decide to part ways, see what people truly dislike and exactly what is forcing them to leave so we the players can help change Warcraft for the better :)

I'd totally agree! But i dont think we've seen a blue here since... 2005? :P
Reply Quote
Take care Yuma.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Goodbye Yuma.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
(This is not a trolling post.)

Let's have a serious discussion here if you plan to follow this thread for awhile. I, unfortunately can only base my judgements from second hand knowledge which in some ways may make me look like a fool, but I trust the people I've told and I trust the judgements alot of the ex-vets have...

/Xaythe

Hi Xaythe,

While I do understand your questions, I also agree with Sallador. Blue hardly reads these forums, so whatever my drive was to quit WoW won't really help the game if Blizzard developers don't read every post on the forum (which is unrealistic anyway). For me it was simple: I lost the kick I got from WoW. This had nothing to do with having a romantic view upon Vanilla times, as I know well enough that those boss fights were peanuts compared to todays fights. Back then we didn't have the same extensive knowledge about the game as we do today though, so it felt differently. This makes it hard to compare Vanilla with Cataclysm for example.

For me personally WoW felt magical from day one. After 6 full years that magic has gone. For me there's no need to overanalyse why it has gone; I simply know it has and have acted upon it (it took me over 6 months to come to that decision). I'm currently playing some other games (casually though), like Portal 2 and StarCraft 2 and enjoying it a lot. That's what counts for me. Games are for my entertainment and should bring joy, relaxation and fun. I lost the fun in WoW, so there was no point in the end for me to continue.

As I also wrote, I will start making music again, which is going to take a lot of my time. I'm going to buy a Korg Kronos (http://www.korg.com/kronos), which will keep me busy for quite a while. That has contributed to my decision for 50% and is totally unrelated to the game.

I'd prefer to keep this post a "goodbye and thanks" post though, as I never intended it to become a discussion thread.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Yuma found the emrald dream =d
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Take care Yuma. All the best for the future <3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Best of luck to you and to Red Moon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
cya yuma. good luck in the music industry
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Take care Yuma.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Yuma,

Best of luck IRL, hope the real grass is greener than the virtual one. Either way, it was quite a pleasure to play with you back in RM! :-)

/w.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Goodbye Yuma!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I did not know you personally, but from what i've heard you're a nice guy, so all i can say is i wish you the best of luck IRL!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
love joo yuma
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]