4.2 Valor Point Changes

90 Night Elf Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/ptr-patch-notes

# Valor Points
* The maximum number of Valor Points which can be earned in a week from any and all applicable dungeons and raids is now 980, down from 1250.
o The maximum number of Valor Points awarded for completing Rise of the Zandalari dungeons remains at 980.
o The maximum number of Valor Points awarded for completing Heroic dungeons remains at 490.
o The number of Valor Points awarded for killing a boss in the Firelands is 70 in 10-player mode, and 90 in 25-player mode.
o The number of Valor Points awarded for killing Occu'thar in Baradin Hold is 35 in 10-player mode, and 45 in 25-player mode.
o The number of Valor Points awarded for killing a boss on Heroic difficulty in The Bastion of Twilight, Blackwing Descent, and Throne of the Four winds is 35 in 10-player mode, and 45 in 25-player mode.

Week 1 Firelands Clear: 490 (10) / 630 (25)
T11 Heroic Clear: 455 (10) / 585 (25)
7x Random Zandalari Heroic: 980

That's more VP from 7 random heroics than from a 13 boss hard mode clear of T11 or from clearing the whole of T12.

Discuss!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Aww Really Bliz? Really?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Be glad. Means them scrubs won't be able to get gear, right?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I'm gonna go with "This is seriously stupid" and don't even feel the need to explain why...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Greedy people.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Who am I kidding, I can't help but explain why I see this as stupid...

I don't really care about the weekly limit, it's just that I don't want to do ZG/ZA/BwD/BoT/TotfW over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...

I don't really get why doing 7 Zul'somethings would get you capped but doing the whole T12 won't.
Edited by Fuhus on 11/06/2011 00:32 BST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
What's the point in even having VP if everybody can just cap them by running 5mans? Why not just stick to justice points?

?????????

I am honestly amazed by this.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
- 4.1 HCs give VPs
- 4.2 VPs are moved to JPs
----> HCs should give JPs in 4.2 or it's gonna be easier getting T12 from the (already) facerolled Zandalari HCs than from doing Firelands at all which is RIDICULOUS, you are comparing HCs to Firelands bosses.

Patch was *almost* fine and then they break reward system with last changes, lol
Edited by Backdraft on 11/06/2011 00:58 BST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
11/06/2011 00:23Posted by Mebriel
Be glad. Means them scrubs won't be able to get gear, right?

Did you not even read the patch notes that the OP posted, or are you just being intentionally daft?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I don't really care about the weekly limit, it's just that I don't want to do ZG/ZA/BwD/BoT/TotfW over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...

I don't really get why doing 7 Zul'somethings would get you capped but doing the whole T12 won't.

Thats what 90% of the PvP community has been crying with the coming conquest point change. Suck it up like the PvP community did.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Instead of 'sucking it up', I think I can qq on the forums. Works sometimes... like it did with priest healer t12 4p bonus...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

Thats what 90% of the PvP community has been crying with the coming conquest point change. Suck it up like the PvP community did.

What kind of an attitude is that? If you don't like something, moan about it and get it changed.
Edited by Zippi on 11/06/2011 00:53 BST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
And you really think the PvP community did not moan about this for ages?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
11/06/2011 00:53Posted by Mutaattori
And you really think the PvP community did not moan about this for ages?

Do I care? Nobody is going to suck anything up and you being bitter about 'the pvp community' has nothing to do with this change being ridiculous. If anything, you should sympathize with people being in the same boat as 'the pvp community'.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If this is supposed to lure "serious raiders" into 5 man PUGs, it will fail anyway, as they'll simply faceroll through Zandalaris in organized group with vastly superior gear, instead of wasting time with potential idiots.

If this is supposed to make content last longer by making VP gear less available... err, 4 piece T12 will already be available from drops and won't require a single VP - just a ton of luck with new BH boss - so, um... "Casuals" still get gear at the same rate, so they'll "consumbe content" (that's the word they used at some point?) at the same speed.

I really don't see a point, and find it quite laughable that you get more VP from 5 mans than raiding - unless you include previous tier heroics, at which point you're even... if we ignore that tiny thing called effort, but eh, nothing new here.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
It's funny how as time goes by they disguise their attempts to artificially prolong content less and less. It's almost like we and they are two sides of a married couple getting on in years... no making things pretty, just getting down to business and getting it over with. Bring the romance back Blizzard! It makes all the difference.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Almost all the above posters have already said everything that needs saying.

How can you be giving VP from 1 and 2 patches old heroics, its even more laughable when you consider that you will now get VP capped for running 7 ZA/ZG when its impossible to get VP capped from firelands. The logic is incredibly flawed Blizz.

Are you honestly trying to say that ZA/ZG are as difficult if not more difficult (since the greater reward) than the entire of firelands T12 raiding?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
If they are gonna lower the valor cap, lower it to what can be earned from a full clear of T12 raiding....

Or increase the valor amount in raids to 140 per boss in 10 man so that a full clear will get you valor capped. Is it really fair that new players have to see mr / mrs raider in a random ZA doing what ever DPS they will do in firelands gear when they are doing 12k and thinking they are great....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
11/06/2011 01:45Posted by Shroomkin
How can you be giving VP from 1 and 2 patches old heroics

You're really only just qq'ing about that now? Because it hasn't been the same since forever or anything has it.

Dunno why everyone is so worked up lol, this will have literally 0 effect on the people it matters to. The rest of you are just qq'ing for the sake of it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]