arcane rotation for low level mages?

85 Night Elf Druid
Hi all,

Just activated dual talent tree and started arcane, my mage is 54. Now, what's the best "rotation" for a level 54 arcane mage? I read something about 3x arcane blast followed by arcane missiles. But is that also true for a non-85 arcane mage?

All advice is welcome.

Thanks!

( profile of my mage is here http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/terokkar/froma/simple )
Reply Quote
86 Undead Mage
just spam arcane blast at that level, you dont have the mastery so staying close to 100% mana is pointless until 80+
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
13/06/2011 00:11Posted by Pilkie
just spam arcane blast at that level, you dont have the mastery so staying close to 100% mana is pointless until 80+

This pretty much. Just go oom.
If you want to do awesome dps you should get the 2 trinkets from heirloom vendor too. Intellect bonus and mana regen everytime you kill a mob in a dungeon sounds yumyum.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
arcane blast
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
sad to say but yea AB spam hit AM when bored but its a dps loss
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
OK, thank you very much for your replies!
Reply Quote
Just for interest sake, what was your DPS around 54? I want to know if mine is high enough for this level or if I need to work on better DPS?

Atm it's around 320 when I check dungeons...
Reply Quote
The harder you press 1, the more damage Arcane Blast does.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
What rotation at low?

Just spam arcane barrage and arcane missile if it proc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
24/02/2012 15:48Posted by Naila
I want to know if mine is high enough for this level

High enough for what? Low level dungeons are extremely trivial. Plus tanks generally do the most damage in those groups.

The only thing you can really do is figure out how large a pull should be for you to spam AE instead of AB.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]