Design for Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest

Community
We have seen a number of questions about the legendary weapon Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa’s Rest in patch 4.2 and how it will work for some classes and specs. Basically, the design was to make this legendary appeal to any damage dealing caster, without it being of greater benefit to a specific class or spec.

To help with this intent, the Wrath of Tarecgosa proc (which duplicates harmful spells) will also apply to damage over time spells, with a chance of duplicating each tick from a DoT spell. To further ensure the weapon is of interest to warlocks and Shadow priests, the proc has no internal cooldown and the proc chance is adjusted favourably for specs that derive a significant portion of their DPS from pets.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I heared about this yesterday. But what about Arcane mages? They can just get the hardest hitting player-casted spell in the game duplicated without penalty?

Am i missing something or will this be far more powerful for said mages anyway?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Id say, make it increase DoT damage by 500% for like 10 sec. Would be sweet for warlocks and SPs.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
u are giving weapons for casters, what with mele clasess?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
16/06/2011 14:18Posted by Wrathcáster
Id say, make it increase DoT damage by 500% for like 10 sec. Would be sweet for warlocks and SPs.

LOL!

Do you even know what certain dots hit for at maximum level?
Ever played a SP?
No?

Thought so. No, lets not do that.

Still think this is going to be far suprerior(And OP) for arcane mages.
Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Rogue
16/06/2011 14:19Posted by Egzotik
u are giving weapons for casters, what with mele clasess?

Wotlk, tbc and vanilla. If they do as they have (as far as i know) done before there will most likely be another legendary later on, For either the feral druids, rogues and hunters (i guess) or two hand dpsers.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
16/06/2011 14:16Posted by Eléctrica
Am i missing something or will this be far more powerful for said mages anyway?

As far as I can tell, the blue post implies that the proc just averages to an overall damage multiplier, and thus it is best for people who can do the most dps, regardless of spec.

The pets part is worrying though: why not just make it duplicate attacks/spells from pets too, instead of artificially increasing the proc change to compensate that?
Otherwise, having Dragonwrath will shift priority from pet-related talents/glyphs to non pet-related ones.
And if you don't balance with that in mind, it's going to be overpowered for them.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Let's say you do 2M damage in 1 minute.
For an arcane mage with 1.5sec cast time on AB on average that's 40 casts with an average of 50k damage. If proc chance is 10%, 4 of those will be doubled to 100k for a total of 2.2M damage.
For a dot class, let's say you got 200 dots ticks for that 2M damage, avg tick is 10k. 20 of them will double to 20k avg for a total of 2.2M damage done.

As long as there is no internal cooldown on it, it will basically just be a damage multiplier. The only thing you may witness is that an arcane mage for example may have pretty large spikes in certain encounters that you're trying to progress. Having that 150k-200k AB doubled vs an arcane missiles doubled will be quite noticable (keep your mirror images ready mages lol ^^)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Fine, sounds fair. I was just too lazy to do the maths myself.

Doesn't take away it will be ridiculousely OP in PvP though, will anything be done about that? - Directly aimed at Takralus
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Fine, sounds fair. I was just too lazy to do the maths myself.

Doesn't take away it will be ridiculousely OP in PvP though, will anything be done about that? - Directly aimed at Takralus

And? It's a legendary, it's supposed to be OP.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
16/06/2011 14:46Posted by Eléctrica
Doesn't take away it will be ridiculousely OP in PvP though, will anything be done about that?

Oh look, a meleecleaver whining about a caster legendary.

You don't want to go there, rogue/frostDK/hpala faceroller. You really don't.
Edited by Sharazhad on 16/06/2011 15:03 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
16/06/2011 15:02Posted by Sharazhad
Doesn't take away it will be ridiculousely OP in PvP though, will anything be done about that?

Oh look, a meleecleaver whining about a caster legendary.

You don't want to go there, rogue/frostDK/hpala faceroller. You really don't.

Funny, had a good laugh. Thanks :>

And? It's a legendary, it's supposed to be OP.

Yeah, to the point of almost being able to oneshot someone in a single cast?

Ok.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Ok.

And double glaives/shadowmourne were balanced?

Funny, had a good laugh. Thanks :>
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Did i say that?

This one just seems to be able to dubble the burst, not increase it by XX% like the other legedaries did.

Ofcourse its situational and random. But it might be enough to push things over time after time.
Maybe im just too afraid for something i havn't seen. Just hope for quick reaction if it does turn out to be somewhat powerful.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Ah Electrica - you do not want to provoke the wrath of casters on this one. The variety of ridiculously over powered melee weapons in previous expansions still leaves a bitter taste in our mouths.

Yes, the melee weapons were that over powered also.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Ok.

I rarely play pvp but I can already almost do that on my arcane mage anyway without a proc like that (don't do arena, just having some fun in a random bg). 130k crits on a stationary boss at the opening aren't uncommon in pve because of trinkets etc, so with resilience counted in, you'd get 2shot if you're topped up. 1shot because you're not at full hp wouldn't be uncommon.
Don't know how this will affect pvp tbh, don't know enough about it to judge. All I know is that arcane in arena is not really viable or at least extremely hard to pull off.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Just because past seasons had overpowered legendaries in them, doesn't mean this season has to. Unfortunately, Blizzard will most likely not restrict the Legendary out of arena usage.

Edit: LSD 2.0 with both casters running around with Dragonwrath, anyone?
Edited by Vesqua on 16/06/2011 15:18 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue

I rarely play pvp but I can already almost do that on my arcane mage anyway without a proc like that (don't do arena, just having some fun in a random bg). 130k crits on a stationary boss at the opening aren't uncommon in pve because of trinkets etc, so with resilience counted in, you'd get 2shot if you're topped up. 1shot because you're not at full hp wouldn't be uncommon.
Don't know how this will affect pvp tbh, don't know enough about it to judge. All I know is that arcane in arena is not really viable or at least extremely hard to pull off.

Didn't really mean it literally, but a dubble 22k frostbolt is going to ##@! me up yeah.
Whats the reaction time of this? need to know if i can be fast enough to cloak it. lol.

Ah Electrica - you do not want to provoke the wrath of casters on this one. The variety of ridiculously over powered melee weapons in previous expansions still leaves a bitter taste in our mouths.

Yes, the melee weapons were that over powered also.

Only cause wraths damage was out of control and hp was that low :/
Edited by Eléctrica on 16/06/2011 15:17 BST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

Ok.

Also, once more, who gives a toss? WoW has been about gear since release, it's not like you can go into arena and 'skill' your way to the top if you're in greens.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Just because past seasons had overpowered legendaries in them, doesn't mean this season has to. Unfortunately, Blizzard will most likely not restrict the Legendary out of arena usage.

Edit: LSD 2.0 with both casters running around with Dragonwrath, anyone?

Oh god.. 1 okay.. but 2.. thats free rank 1 :/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]