"ninja" guild invites

85 Human Warrior
i log onto alts only to be instantly invited to the same guild
as soon as i made a new lvl 1 i got a whisper and instant invite
is this kind of behaviour actually allowed?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
just turn on block guild invites
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
19/06/2011 00:15Posted by Naancy

and how exactly are you meant to do this when the second you make an alt it gets invited?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
19/06/2011 00:25Posted by Cleavagë

and how exactly are you meant to do this when the second you make an alt it gets invited?

Leave the guild invite notice up on the screen, go into options and turn it on then decline the invite. You won't get anymore beyond that first one.

It's not against the rules to invite people to join a guild, even if they're a level one alt

However should you find that the invites happen literally the moment you log in, are always from the same guild/player and you suspect they're using a bot or similar to automate the process then you can always open a ticket and report your concerns to a GM
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Think it's likely an auto-invite addon, I know they exist.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Good evening *ahem*

It sounds like the guild in question may be using an add-on of some kind in order to send out regular invitations to newly created characters, which isn’t in and of itself prohibited (although severe or excessive guild invitations or recruitment promotion can still be considered spam, so if the situation really warrants it then you could consider making a report in case we’re able to investigate things further, as Ellifara suggests).

I would, however, recommend you go along with Naancy’s suggestion of using the built-in option to ‘Block Guild Invites’ as soon as you enter the world, so that even if the first attempt slips through you hopefully won’t be further disturbed afterwards. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Isn't there a way to enable it on a machine as the default setting through config.wtf?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
19/06/2011 13:09Posted by Moohpah
Isn't there a way to enable it on a machine as the default setting through config.wtf?

that would be a nice thing to know
as for the guild i logged on my 80 pally to make some potions only to be invited by the same guild again
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]