Firelands raid loot.

90 Blood Elf Priest
Blue Post #2

Stat balance on gear should be looked at via much more than just boss loot tables. We consider reputation gear, tailor gear, Valor gear and the tier sets when examining what's available to you. If you wish, you can have Spirit on every slot but your belt (which can still be reforged). The priest tier set has Spirit on all 5 slots.

Having said that, the mindset that only cloth with spirit is priest healer gear (and cloth with no spirit is never priest healer gear) is a mindset to be resisted. If that is allowed to set in, then all the fun of looking at a potential new piece of gear and deciding for yourself whether it is an upgrade for you is removed entirely.

Along those lines, something to keep in mind is that there is more to improving the healing you do in cloth than simply stacking spirit. As you increase spell power, haste, and crit, and your tank increases health, armor and avoidance, boss damage negates less of your mana in the first place.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/184258/cloth-gear-had-the-spirit-burnt-off-in-fl

WTF!

SERIOUSLY WTF!

There is NOT EVEN A SCRAP OF EXPLANATION in that post saying why cloth loot has no spirit in FL, but every other armour type for casters does!

We have been asking WHY the FL cloth has no spirit, and Blizzard have completely failed to answer us. Instead they give us some crappy mini-speech about how we should carefully prioritise our stats.

Right now many or maybe even most healer priests, especially holy, cannot afford to replace their spirit gear with non-spirit gear until they already have a lot of 4.2 gear. Why? Because they will gimp their regen. In order to equip non-spirit gear, your regen already has to be in a very stable state. Doing that is not an option for healers in full t11. They will LOSE regen if they upgrade to non-spirit gear too soon. But every non-priest healer isn't in that crappy position. They can start upgrading any slot right away.

That post basically told us to suck it up and deal with it. It was absolutely no help and only served to make priests even more convinced that Blizzard not only don't care about priests, but are clearly not putting in as much effort, thought and heart into the game as they did before.

I am so disappointed right now.

85 Gnome Priest
What a total piece of JOKE! Talk about trying to cower up what a mistake they have done.

We can't gear in HC gears then, cause you can't upgrade the crafted, rep or VP ones...

SOO many are getting really tired of ignorance.

It would actually have felt much better if they simply could say "we didn't have time to finish the loot-table or simply forgot, sorry".
85 Gnome Priest
Wasnt the problem in the first place, that holy priests had absolutely no reason to go into FL?

Blizzard has a hard time understanding english maybe? (ham over eye?)
85 Draenei Priest
If spirit isnt going to be that important, or if healers shouldnt be prioritizing spirit - then this rule should go for ALL healer classes and in that case ALL gear (apart from - Necks, Rings) should have its Spirit removed, why is it that ONLY priests get NO spirit cloth? Considering Holy Priest need it SO much then why have they removed such an IMPORTANT stat for Holy Priests? Sure Disc might get a benefit from it, but its MUCH more important for Holy Priests
90 Blood Elf Priest
blue post made me lol, lets hope thats not the final say on the matter
85 Blood Elf Priest
Uw
That response from a blue is a pure insult, seriously i feel like the last !##! now from the guys I pay monthly. Jesus Christ this can not be happening, the blue guy is a troll poster else I can not explain it.

85 Gnome Priest
As you increase spell power, haste, and crit, and your tank increases health, armor and avoidance, boss damage negates less of your mana in the first place.

Good for Holy Priests we usually do tankhealing since you are reffering to LESS DAMAGE taken by TANKS??
85 Blood Elf Priest
I had to double check if that really was a blue post, because that was one of the most stupid and clueless things I've ever read on forums.

Don't worry, as tanks get more hp, you won't need the regen anymore! That's how it goes... Because you know, you never do harder content, there won't be more damage to heal, the fights won't take longer in heroic modes and you know, you can unlock rep gear in a month and get all the VP pieces in kazillion years so you can get spirit if you want to...

Again, this is one of the most stupid things I've ever read on forums and completely misses the point...
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm going to choose to believe that that wasn't a proper response and that we will still get one...

/facepalm
90 Blood Elf Priest
I had to double check if that really was a blue post, because that was one of the most stupid and clueless things I've ever read on forums.

Don't worry, as tanks get more hp, you won't need the regen anymore! That's how it goes... Because you know, you never do harder content, there won't be more damage to heal, the fights won't take longer in heroic modes and you know, you can unlock rep gear in a month and get all the VP pieces in kazillion years so you can get spirit if you want to...

That part about tanks getting better gear = easier to heal is mostly irrelevant to holy priests because they are rarely dedicated tank healers. And it's not as if the rest of the raid are going to get a large enough increase in armour or health pools to make up for lack of regen anyway. Considering that and the fact that the loot issue greatly affects holy priests...

...well all I can say to finish that off is Blue Poster #2 can't even rp Captain Obvious properly.
85 Blood Elf Priest
I don't think holy priests being the last choice at tank healing even matters on the subject. Even if holy priests were good at tank healing, tanks getting gear doesn't solve anything. I mean, let's say 10 people with ~359 gear are doing Firelands. While holy priest will have close to none problems in healing Shannox, s/he probably will need some better pieces for Ragnaros. Even if tanks and dps get better gear by the time Ragnaros is reached, holy priest will still need better output and better regen because it will last a lot longer and the tank&raid damage is much more.

People do harder content in time. Killing a boss actually means that you don't need anything extra for that boss since you were able to kill it in your gear. But it also means you should move to a harder content and anything you get by looting is for some harder boss somewhere. But if 9/10 or 23-24/25 people are getting ready for the harder content by gearing up in an obvious way but the rest has to either take a longer time in getting ready or sacrifice something, it means that they're practically less viable. Other people gearing up doesn't change anything, it's what's supposed to happen.

I sometimes wish blues actually don't post anything...
Edited by Fuhus on 06/07/2011 04:05 BST
90 Blood Elf Priest
Dear Blizzard employee,

We have decided to stop paying you for your work in Euros, Dolllars or any other currency. From now on we will be awarding you for your efforts by giving you pebbles. Beautiful shiny pebbles that is, in a variety of colours and shapes.

While we understand that you need money to pay your bills, food, housing, we decided that there are other options to ensure you can do that:

- The salvation army offers a place to sleep and some food.
    - You can take a second job in the evenings or on the weekends.
    - Do chores for your family, friends, neighbours (you will be surprised how willing they are to give you stuff once they like you enough).
    - Once you have enough pebbles, consider selling them on ebay.

We at Blizzard feel that working for us is enough reward in itself. The mindset that this should be rewarded through currency is to be resisted. You are working with great people in a beautiful office. The view is great. And we even offer free lunch and free drinks.

Also we believe that stacking up money in your bank account leads to nothing. If anything you are gimping yourself by not fully appreciating other aspects of life or even the value of money in itself. As we pointed out before, there are other ways to ensure you can provide your family with everything you need. Perhaps not in the way you consider ideal, but with a bit of effort you should not have to starve or sleep in the park.

Looking forward to seeing you after you come back from your well deserved vacation, when we will be working long shifts to ensure 4.3 can be released before Christmas.

/yourboss
Edited by Crucifixia on 06/07/2011 06:51 BST
90 Human Priest
So Blizzard basically said ''We have no explanation for the lack of Spirit gear'' ???

Hopefully they do something about it. I'm seeing WAY to many Priests run around with DPS caster gear on with the smallest bit of Spirit Reforged into it.

Bump for another blue.

/agree

Well, the only explanation, or atleast what i interpreted from that post were that he doesn't understand the point of this at all. All in all one of the most ignorant blue posts i've read in awhile.

Would be good to get a new blue about this, who knows what his talking about, and actually takes heroic gear into consideration.

90 Blood Elf Priest
Dear Blizzard employee,

We have decided to stop paying you for your work in Euros, Dolllars or any other currency. From now on we will be awarding you for your efforts by giving you pebbles. Beautiful shiny pebbles that is, in a variety of colours and shapes.

While we understand that you need money to pay your bills, food, housing, we decided that there are other options to ensure you can do that:

- The salvation army offers a place to sleep and some food.
    - You can take a second job in the evenings or on the weekends.
    - Do chores for your family, friends, neighbours (you will be surprised how willing they are to give you stuff once they like you enough).
    - Once you have enough pebbles, consider selling them on ebay.

We at Blizzard feel that working for us is enough reward in itself. The mindset that this should be rewarded through currency is to be resisted. You are working with great people in a beautiful office. The view is great. And we even offer free lunch and free drinks.

Also we believe that stacking up money in your bank account leads to nothing. If anything you are gimping yourself by not fully appreciating other aspects of life or even the value of money in itself. As we pointed out before, there are other ways to ensure you can provide your family with everything you need. Perhaps not in the way you consider ideal, but with a bit of effort you should not have to starve or sleep in the park.

Looking forward to seeing you after you come back from your well deserved vacation, when we will be working long shifts to ensure 4.3 can be released before Christmas.

/yourboss

I dont usually quote walls of text, but this is frikkin win xD. Its pretty much exactly how I feel, having to go back to 5 mans in my 365-ish ilev to farm currency I need in order to raid. Feels like all the raiding I did in t11 was for personal kicks, since I'm basically back to square one, farming 5 mans to get geared for raids. Not only that, but to keep up with the rest of my guild, I need to run 5 mans on 2 characters, to at least get the boe bracers before the next expansion. Yes, I know I'm prolly lazy, but I did those 5 mans to death, I really don't enjoy being forced to run them again on my main, I'd rather do it on some alt that deserves some gear too, instead of spending my (limited number of) free hours grinding valor points outside raids.

I personally find this top ironic: "all the fun of looking at a potential new piece of gear and deciding for yourself whether it is an upgrade for you is removed entirely" .
Yes, it kinda is removed.

Times like this I really feel sorry for hardcore raiding priests, and happy I took a distance from the game. I'll stick with my non-optimal priest through this as I did through the beginning of cata, glad I don't play in a guild that pressures me to compete for my raiding spot.

85 Night Elf Priest
Nicely said, Crucifixia, this was a real masterpiece of sarcasm! :)

Seriously, if they really value themselves and have some backbone, they should stand up and say 'something' (yes, with that I give my signature to the fact, that it was the cheapest, lowliest BS I have ever heard - and I work with customer support, believe me, I know what BS is) which even worth to consider or accept.
Edited by Sylandriel on 06/07/2011 09:10 BST
85 Blood Elf Priest
OMFG this is hilarious and infuriating at the same time! How dare they not even mention WHY the other classes all do have spirit on their items??

this blue poster should be ashamed of himself.
85 Gnome Priest
We understand the concept of having too much regen, we understand the difference between throughput stats and regen a stat. Many of us have been adding dps items when we have too much mana in t11. But to completely remove spirit from the majority of available cloth??

-What we want to know is why every other class gets spirit gear on near all Firelands bosses. Yet we have only to choose from dps gear.

-Why should i have to wait 3 weeks and cap valors to upgrade my gear, when im killing bosses, isnt that enough of a effort to be rewarded? Other healers are getting gear for it, why not me?

-Why should any healing priest bother raiding, if there is no reward for us? Everytime i kill the bosses i know i only have a chance on 4 "healer" items i can use out of the whole instance, the rest is dps cloth. So i need to reforge the dps gear to spirit? then what is the point of not putting spirit gear on the loot tables? or resisting the urge to think spirit is the only option?

-Why if you want healers to use less spirit items in favour of Throughput stats, why have you left so much spirit leather/plate/mail on boss tables for other healers? why is it only priests that have to use dps items and reforge?

The information you give is conflicting. "You need to use less spirit and more throughput stats because tanks and healers will be better geared, and you wont need spirit" yet the evidence is that all the other healers get spirit.

We would believe you that we dont need as much spirit in t12. But we dont, because you left it in for every other healer.
Edited by Cielo on 06/07/2011 10:06 BST
85 Blood Elf Priest
Nice post, n173
85 Night Elf Priest
The information you give is conflicting. "We need to use less spirit" yet the evidence is that all the other healers get the stat.

Not to mention, that the very existence of the massively spirit stacked tier12 set is conflicting with this statement. So make up your mind before you post, dear blue poster - do we need spirit or not?
Edited by Sylandriel on 06/07/2011 09:52 BST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]