Random Guild Invites

90 Worgen Druid
I am making this Thread to anounce to Blizzard that the fact that people who like to play guildless or do not feel the need to be in an guild are not that charmed by the fact that you get multiple guild invites without ever seeing or aplaying to them.
For me this has happend on new characters where i had an avarage of 3 guild invites with whispers due to an addd-on and also on my capped lvl characters it has happend that during a raid i get a whisper and a guild invite window which makes me Re:whisper to the wrong person instead of the off-tank and aswel as a result in almost wiping the raid because my screen gets blocked.
the times i asked them to put me off the list in the addon or to stop it i get rudely abused or spammed with the guild invites.

Is this addon not a sort of spam since it sends out waves of unwanted information and invites to masses of people.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I agree that this is a form of spam. When i play with my low level character, i find it unnececery to be in a guild. But it's really annoying to recieve multiple guild invitations in a short time.
Because this add-on sends invites and whispers to multiple people at the same time, i think it should be forbidden.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think there is an option in interface, or at least an addon which gives you and option to decline all guild invitations :)

Not sure which one is it, but i know it exists, saw it
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, what the person above me said. You can disable it, have a look through your options before complaining :) Sure, it can be annoying; but I've seen guilds grow loads from random invites. It's a good thing and bad thing, lighten up a little ;)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Yeah but it can be argued that the guild's that grow loads from the random invites are essentially a glorified trade channel with perks and then this is also a bad thing ;)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
the random guild invites aren't blizz's problem, it's the problem of people who abuse this add on, its also and add on, not made by blizz (to my knowledge correct me if i'm wrong) so it's not blizzards fault its the players that do this fault
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Turn off guildinvites in the interface options. It saves you a huge amount of frustration over the idiots that randomly invite to their trashcan "guilds". It's beyond me why anyone would be willingly joining a group of people that show they have absolutely no standards or desire for quality (be it nice personalities, good gamers or whatever). Some players really need to get some selfrespect.
Reply Quote
8 Night Elf Druid
The thing I'm not understanding is what has changed? I played WoW for a few months when it first came out and have recently started playing again in the short amount of spare time that I do have. When I played before, one would generally have partied up with some fellow players a few times and upon discovery a good bond and team spirit, guild invites would then sometimes follow. Now whenever I log on - and bard in mind that I've just started (level 6 only), I will get several guild invites from random played in each session. I have never played with them, I have no idea if they are good team mates and they don't know me from Adam. Do players gain some kind of perks or achievements from recruiting guild members? That's the only reason I can think of. If someone could let me know I'd be very grateful. I look forward to getting an invite based on my contributions as a team mate, rather than just because I'm logged on :)
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Mage
The option to automatically decline guild invites doesn't block the whispers which can be just as annoying, particularly when you're in a raid/bg. I just set a DND message to autorespond with my opinions of them, and reply with an apology on the rare occasions it's not some guild spam crap.

I'd be very happy to see it blocked if possible, the kinds of guild that use it aren't worth joining anyway so it would be no loss :)

27/05/2012 14:34Posted by Elbrin
Do players gain some kind of perks or achievements from recruiting guild members? That's the only reason I can think of.

There's a guild perk called Cash Flow that automatically adds gold equal to 10% of whatever guild members loot straight to the guild bank. The bigger the guild with the more active members, the more money for the guild bank (and usually straight into the pocket of the GM). Some people see that as a fair trade-off for accessing other guild perks, such as increased XP while leveling.

Some guilds also offer gold to their members for recruiting people, so the same lousy guild has half a dozen people spamming you to join, whether it's with the addon or not.

I look forward to getting an invite based on my contributions as a team mate, rather than just because I'm logged on :)

Exactly :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Interface -> social -> block guild invites.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
11/07/2011 14:20Posted by Luria
Turn off guildinvites in the interface options. It saves you a huge amount of frustration over the idiots that randomly invite to their trashcan "guilds". It's beyond me why anyone would be willingly joining a group of people that show they have absolutely no standards or desire for quality (be it nice personalities, good gamers or whatever). Some players really need to get some selfrespect.

I currently have four guilds, my main raiding guild which is realm first on pve progress, two guilds I use for gold and a bank guild. Obviously standards are low because I don't care who's in those guilds. They get guild perks for levelling, I get easy money, win-win. I don't see the problem or lack of self respect for either side. Anyone who gets annoyed enough by random guild invites, turn them off in the settings. I don't understand why anyone would play guildless though.

1. Guild perks
2. It's an MMO, why would you play an MMO if you don't like playing with other people.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
28/05/2012 09:45Posted by Dutchmagoz
2. It's an MMO, why would you play an MMO if you don't like playing with other people.

I love when people break this out. All it means is there are a lot of people playing the game at the same time as you not that you have to group.

28/05/2012 09:39Posted by Dutchmagoz
Interface -> social -> block guild invites.

Shouldn't have to. Blizzard should break the add on, they have done it to others in the past.

Either way Blizzard should make it so you can not get invites in raids, dungeons, BGs and if you can get them there in arena.

I was in one BG defending a node, fighting off a couple of people while back up was on the way and bam invite pops up. Having to decline it meant I was at a disadvnatage but had to to get rid of it, a few seconds later bam another bloody invite.

Logging in multiple invited. Create a new character, before I can even move it invites. It is getting out of hand.
Reply Quote
8 Night Elf Druid
Cheers pal :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
...deleted by ron
Edited by Ronjambo on 20/03/2013 20:51 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
...deleted by ron
Edited by Ronjambo on 20/03/2013 20:50 GMT
Reply Quote
41 Pandaren Monk

a invite is not rude.

An invite is rude if you do not whisper the person and wait for a yes or a no.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Tbh, I think it ruins the starting experience for both new players and players still playing.

You start a alt, and get flooded instantly. Its like a annoymous harrasment...

And about blocking guild invites, you shouldnt be forced to block guild invites (and change your ingame experience) as of some addon.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I just wanted to say that there is a option in interface, but now a days since cataclysm u have ranks and its really hard to find new people cause people only join lvl 25 guilds :(
Edited by Wherowhero on 06/04/2014 11:38 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]