Fix the realm?

90 Troll Mage
Edited
Edited by Dutchmagoz on 16/02/2012 18:24 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I thought that horde had more than enough players for pve/pvp. Well, this is news to me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
10/07/2011 21:43Posted by Imjustarogue
I thought that horde had more than enough players for pve/pvp. Well, this is news to me.

I know alliance is even worse, but horde is definately not enough either.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Completely agree, after trying to start up a 25 man raiding guild here after two weeks I realised it's completely unachieveable. Lack of skilled players, or any available players for the matter, just means the server is dead and only 10 man is the way to go. Only option really is to migrate and fill Blizz's pockets more, pretty sure that's why they don't respond/do anything at all.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Just migrate. Best thing I ever did. Alliance is completely dead on this server. Horde is too compared to most. It's only a few quid ffs.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
12/07/2011 14:45Posted by Zeronuke
Just migrate. Best thing I ever did. Alliance is completely dead on this server. Horde is too compared to most. It's only a few quid ffs.

Maybe I don't want to migrate? Not to mention the realm will get worse and worse with people migrating.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Carry on playing here then. Think logically about it: Blizzard aren't going to do anything about it because it would cost them money, people aren't going to be forced to stop playing because of the %@#@ty realm and instead they will pay Blizzard money to xfer. Blizzard advocate this, this makes Blizzard even moar rich.

Why would Blizzard fix a broken realm when a broken realm makes them money?
Edited by Yób on 14/07/2011 14:38 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
A realm merge is most likely not a good idea. It will most likely mean that we cant play for at least 2~3 days, if we're the ones getting moved. The amount of data being transferred to the other server will be massive. But I agree, this realm is looking pretty terrible. We have a few "okey" 10man guilds and a Lithuanian 25man guild and that's it. If you're not Lithuanian, no 25man raiding for you!

This is mostly because of lack of good recruits while having a medium sized player base. When your recruits keep failing over and over you just give up and revert to 10 with reliable people.

It really is a joke that transferring isn't free.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Carry on playing here then. Think logically about it: Blizzard aren't going to do anything about it because it would cost them money, people aren't going to be forced to stop playing because of the %@#@ty realm and instead they will pay Blizzard money to xfer. Blizzard advocate this, this makes Blizzard even moar rich.

This guy is right and that's the reason why the game isn't as good as it was when it was focused around improving gameplay and not milking subscribers off their pennies for mounts, transfers and whatnot.
Reply Quote

Well, first of all Blizzard should give you a monthly donation off 10 euro just because you are playing a bloodelf :-)

To talk abit about the server. There certainly are pros and cons here, as it is with all servers i guess. Wow has many aspects not just 25 man raiding.

But its hard to blame Blizzard for for the players transfering away. My favorite example is a guild (RUNW or something) that used the free migration service a while back and moved to karazhan (as allies) from their overcrowded server
After a while they did not only transfer away again (at their own expence), they first factionchanged to horde for a short while (making the ally/horde ratio even worse- the free transfer was meant to fix this but the "players" wanted something else).

Maybe the best idea could be to ban transferring alltogether?? Well, maybe not now but 3-4 years ago...hehe.
How many alliance have transferred away the last 3 years? Several hundreds maybe? Say 400 players. Of those 30% are really good, skilled, enthusiastic = 120 players = atleast 4 25 man guilds!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

Well, first of all Blizzard should give you a monthly donation off 10 euro just because you are playing a bloodelf :-)

To talk abit about the server. There certainly are pros and cons here, as it is with all servers i guess. Wow has many aspects not just 25 man raiding.

But its hard to blame Blizzard for for the players transfering away. My favorite example is a guild (RUNW or something) that used the free migration service a while back and moved to karazhan (as allies) from their overcrowded server
After a while they did not only transfer away again (at their own expence), they first factionchanged to horde for a short while (making the ally/horde ratio even worse- the free transfer was meant to fix this but the "players" wanted something else).

Maybe the best idea could be to ban transferring alltogether?? Well, maybe not now but 3-4 years ago...hehe.
How many alliance have transferred away the last 3 years? Several hundreds maybe? Say 400 players. Of those 30% are really good, skilled, enthusiastic = 120 players = atleast 4 25 man guilds!

And where are those pros u speak of ? I've been playing here for about half year now and now it seems more to me like dead server. I'm starting to consider migration or quiting wow if the situation on server don't improve. It would be nice if blizz would think about merging few low pop servers.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
21/07/2011 17:03Posted by Deem
I've been playing here for about half year now

Lol is that it? It's a good thing for you that you're horde, you have it easy mode on that faction. Well, on this realm and least and you need to know how to be good at PvE (trololol).
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Having been around here for 4'ish years there's just no way I'm migrating -_-.
Reply Quote
"And where are those pros u speak of ? I've been playing here for about half year now and now it seems more to me like dead server. I'm starting to consider migration or quiting wow if the situation on server don't improve. It would be nice if blizz would think about merging few low pop servers." (End of tauren quote)

1. Less likely to be ganked

2. Easier to complete quests in Tol barad, Molten front etc (key quest monsters alive and not dead)

3. Not too crowded in TB and Molten front (and other places). In comparison i was told by a fellow dwarf playing on a "full" server that he couldnt see a key questgiver because of players blocking his view (In mount hyijal the day after the lastest patch was released).

4. No "lagg" because of a full server. Read some article on a guild playing on a server called Ravencrest and they complained about "heavy lagg" preventing them from progressing as much as they think they could have.

5. Random dungeon finder, random bg:s (doesnt matter which server you are on).

6. From an ally point of view. Tension on being on the outnumbered side. Just imagine that there can be a bloodelf paladin hiding behind every tree (think about that and then compare to a full server- there will be 2-3 bloodelf paladins hiding behind every tree!!).
Edited by Zulf on 23/07/2011 06:16 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Afraid blizz won't fix the realm.

Ally side has got a (way too) small but quite nice community with decent players.

Only problem is that they are scattered over too many small guilds and the recruiting pool on karazhan is way to small to sustain that amount of 10man raiding guilds (tanks/healers are almost impossible to find).

Think there are at least 4 guilds, like EPS, that lack only 1 or 2 players (lf healer!) to form viable raidgroups.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
"And where are those pros u speak of ? I've been playing here for about half year now and now it seems more to me like dead server. I'm starting to consider migration or quiting wow if the situation on server don't improve. It would be nice if blizz would think about merging few low pop servers." (End of tauren quote)

2. Easier to complete quests in Tol barad, Molten front etc (key quest monsters alive and not dead)

3. Not too crowded in TB and Molten front (and other places). In comparison i was told by a fellow dwarf playing on a "full" server that he couldnt see a key questgiver because of players blocking his view (In mount hyijal the day after the lastest patch was released).

4. No "lagg" because of a full server. Read some article on a guild playing on a server called Ravencrest and they complained about "heavy lagg" preventing them from progressing as much as they think they could have.

6. From an ally point of view. Tension on being on the outnumbered side. Just imagine that there can be a bloodelf paladin hiding behind every tree (think about that and then compare to a full server- there will be 2-3 bloodelf paladins hiding behind every tree!!).

For me lack of alliance is so to say lack of an opponents, and from those pros u enumerated I can accept only point 4. As a gamer I find low number of alliance players on our server its main flaw. This may be because i see world pvp as an fun challenge during questing or gathering materials and on near empty server I can't experience those things do I ?
Don't get me wrong I like playing on Karazhan but I would like for this gaming experience to be more complete. But things that for me are cons for other ppl may be pros as u say.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Afraid blizz won't fix the realm.

Ally side has got a (way too) small but quite nice community with decent players.

Only problem is that they are scattered over too many small guilds and the recruiting pool on karazhan is way to small to sustain that amount of 10man raiding guilds (tanks/healers are almost impossible to find).

Think there are at least 4 guilds, like EPS, that lack only 1 or 2 players (lf healer!) to form viable raidgroups.

It's not even lacking players in general, it's lacking good players. Our current top two guilds are guilds who have about three times as many members as needed to do raids, and yet are only 1/7 which in comparison to other realms is really low. (still best of the realm, so grats to them)

My guess is there's about fifteen, maybe twenty, actual decent players, in total on this realm. Most of which are quitting/have quit pve/WoW aswell, or migrated off like most of them(tbc ns, flawless, etc) .('decent' meaning to be able to have around 4-5/7 heroic by now) Which is barely enough for a ten man raiding guild. (A hardcore guild will need some backups, some additional classes for certain fights, etc)
Edited by Dutchmagoz on 24/07/2011 08:56 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

You make it sound like playing on Kara is heaven compared to a full server. Well, It's not. I play on a full server (Ranked 3rd in progress in the world too) and I get instant battleground queues (Which is in probably the best battlegroup for Alliance) and 5mins dungeon. Lag? What lag?.................The world is full of players which is a good thing, Plenty of Horde to gank but also plenty of friendly faces and more world pvp because of this. While on Kara I would only see a handfull of Alliance in the open world on my way to 85. While in each zone on Frostmane while levelling is full of players all doing quests together.

For just a few quid you can be on a new server and meet new friends within about an hour these days. The process doesn't take long. I'm just posting this because people post as if they are trapped forever on this server and the game isn't great because of it. The game improved for me x10 when I transferred my 85's off here when cata came out after a 9 month break. I've got a low level Pala tank on this server and every now and again i'll just log on and Stormwind is depressing really. No atmosphere, Nothing going on in trade chat and the AH is completely dead, No epics for sale or anything. Many people have left this realm and have never looked back.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

You make it sound like playing on Kara is heaven compared to a full server. Well, It's not. I play on a full server (Ranked 3rd in progress in the world too) and I get instant battleground queues (Which is in probably the best battlegroup for Alliance) and 5mins dungeon. Lag? What lag?.................The world is full of players which is a good thing, Plenty of Horde to gank but also plenty of friendly faces and more world pvp because of this. While on Kara I would only see a handfull of Alliance in the open world on my way to 85. While in each zone on Frostmane while levelling is full of players all doing quests together.

For just a few quid you can be on a new server and meet new friends within about an hour these days. The process doesn't take long. I'm just posting this because people post as if they are trapped forever on this server and the game isn't great because of it. The game improved for me x10 when I transferred my 85's off here when cata came out after a 9 month break. I've got a low level Pala tank on this server and every now and again i'll just log on and Stormwind is depressing really. No atmosphere, Nothing going on in trade chat and the AH is completely dead, No epics for sale or anything. Many people have left this realm and have never looked back.

This is 100% true, and is probably the reason why blizzard isn't fixing it - it's making them money.

However, when I know about the entire realm here, got a lot of friends, my own guild, etc, migrating off like that is not really the most fun option either.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]