Season Transition Compensation

Community
We wanted to let everyone know that we’re working to address the miscommunication that occurred regarding the introduction of new item level 371 PvP gear, and share our current plans.

For background, many players spent their Honor Points on item level 365 gear once Season 9 ended only to find that more powerful item level 371 gear was available when season 10 started. We should have communicated ahead of time that this was going to be the case, and we apologize for the mistake.

We’ve been working over the past few days to evaluate and determine the best course of action to offer players some kind of compensation for those who were caught off guard by the new gear. The plan we’ve found to be achievable within an acceptable amount of time is to provide players who were affected with 4000 Honor Points. This extra Honor would function similarly to the currency down-conversion in that it would stack over the cap, but you would not be able to earn more until you spent under the 4000 cap.

The process of determining who was affected is certainly the most difficult task of this issue, and the entire process of figuring out who should receive the Honor or not and then delivering it isn’t anything less than a giant undertaking. We’re still evaluating many of the processes that will be required to make this happen. Although we’re fairly confident we can pull it off, there is still a chance it may not be possible. Due to other service related work the soonest we would be able to distribute this Honor is the 20/7 Wednesday maintenance. More complicated solutions we discussed could take months to implement, but we felt getting something to those affected as quickly as possible was more important.

Although some of this is still uncertain we felt it best to let people know as far in advance as possible to allow for adequate planning. We’ll be able to provide more information and specifics on how this process will be carried out, and the requirements to receive the 4000 Honor, next week.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by our miscommunication. We greatly appreciate those who took the time to give us constructive feedback on the matter.
Edited by Takralus on 13/07/2011 09:01 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Just a reminder but this is a one-on-one copy of the North American version which was posted last week.

receive the 4000 Honor, next week.

Is the compensation delayed for Europe or did you forget to edit that part out?
Reply Quote
57 Goblin Death Knight
There is no tuesday maintenance. ;)
Glad to see you admit something went wrong and nice to see some compensation.
Edited by Hyped on 11/07/2011 19:21 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
The Season 9 set of item level 365 Vicious Gear was removed with the launch of Season 10. The items available for purchase with Honor Points are now considered lower tier Season 10 items. They are still the same items from Season 9 in terms of aesthetics, but the item level and stats are slightly higher to ensure that the Season 10 honor gear has the correct item level relative to the Season 10 conquest gear.

We are aware that this transition of gear 10 was unexpected. We regret that we did not communicate this change fully, and apologize for any frustration it may have caused.

Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide any sort of upgrade, reimbursement, or swap for previously purchased items. The Season 9 Vicious set represents a competitive level of gear that remains so even with the start of Season 10. While we can understand the confusion this sudden change may have caused, we will not be performing upgrades for items purchased before Season 10 - with honor or any other currency.

We will ensure that the tier transition of seasons is communicated fully as upgraded gear is to be expected for seasons in the future.

Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide any sort of upgrade, reimbursement, or swap for previously purchased items.

I am no native speaker, so please tell me if i am wrong, i think that mean there will be no compensation
Reply Quote
57 Goblin Death Knight
11/07/2011 18:32Posted by Nidrorian
The plan we’ve found to be achievable within an acceptable amount of time is to provide players who were affected with 4000 Honor Points
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
11/07/2011 18:32Posted by Nidrorian
Although we’re fairly confident we can pull it off, there is still a chance it may not be possible. Due to other service related work the soonest we would be able to distribute this Honor is the 7/19 Tuesday maintenance.

Copy+paste ftw?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
SPQ
4k honour compensation, whilst technically better than nothing, is nothing more than an insult to be quite frank.

Glad I just quit instead.
Edited by Chrisholla on 11/07/2011 20:11 BST
Reply Quote
So you're saying that all my now out of date arena seanon 9 gear is going to be upgraded as compensation. The likihood of that happening is as likely as me winning the Euro lottery and winning £166m.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I just want my honor refunded, if you want to take my items away from me in the process please do so. I want my 7700 Honor Points back.

Check my Activity log on Armory even:

* Obtained Vicious Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets. 29/06/2011
The day season9 ended.
1650 HP

* Obtained Vicious Gladiator's Plate Helm. 29/06/2011
2200 HP

* Obtained Vicious Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece. 29/06/2011
2200 HP

* Obtained Vicious Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity. 5/07/2011
1650 HP

Total wasted honor points: 7700. And I want that back.

And I even forgot to add the PvP HP head enchant, which costs 1k HP, so it's actually 8700HP.
Check my full response to this:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2350895444?page=16#311
Edited by Ziraxor on 11/07/2011 22:12 BST
Reply Quote
I am not going to farm over 11k of honor just to update my gear, plus try for arena gear. Sorry blizz but you just lost my subscription.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
11/07/2011 22:19Posted by Pheneom
I am not going to farm over 11k of honor just to update my gear, plus try for arena gear. Sorry blizz but you just lost my subscription.

You're gonna stop for 2 days then return . I guarentee you that .

OT : I farmed about 23k honor points in 1 day (1 day before S10) . And believe me , I don't mind farming it again . But I don't want to . Full 365iLvl is good enough anyway .
Edited by Savvasp on 12/07/2011 00:28 BST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
i know what, a better way would be to make the items refundable at the vendors again for those who brought the items from the times the items changed from the end of season 9 to the start of season 10! but ofc blizzard wont do anything like that... -.-

instead im going to be down (like all of us) on about 6k+ Honor and not to mention gold spent on gems and enchants!

/golfclap blizzard.../facepalm
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
4000 honor your kidding right ?

Here's an idea :
Figure out how much honor was earned and spent by each player between season 9 close and season 10 open. If those people upgraded to season 10 gear during this time . Refund THAT amount of honor back . Be it 700 or 24k it is still honor that they needlessly grinded out.

Dont forget that these armor peices will also have been gemmed or enchanted at a cost.
If already have season 10 gear from this uneccesary grinding then still give them the honor then they can buy other stuff to sell which can help them re coup the cost of the gemming and enchanting .

But 4k honor refund is just an insult .
Edited by Nethuk on 12/07/2011 14:28 BST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I would be far happier if they did the following:

Upgrade the stats on all existing season 9 iLevel 365 gear with the stats of season 10 iLevel 371 gear. Keep the models the way they are, just roll out a blanket upgrade to the stats. This would allow anyone who blew 1000s of honor on 365 to retain it (and, most importantly, their gems and enchants) and still make use of it.

The big problem, despite the stupidity of not telling anyone, was rolling out a 'mid' tier of PvP gear that nobody wanted.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
yeah but that hardly makes it fair for the people who have grinded the season 10 gear when they realised it was available . When others CBA to do it , does it.
Reply Quote
75 Gnome Warrior
4000 honor your kidding right ?

Here's an idea :
Figure out how much honor was earned and spent by each player between season 9 close and season 10 open. If those people upgraded to season 10 gear during this time . Refund THAT amount of honor back . Be it 700 or 24k it is still honor that they needlessly grinded out.

Dont forget that these armor peices will also have been gemmed or enchanted at a cost.
If already have season 10 gear from this uneccesary grinding then still give them the honor then they can buy other stuff to sell which can help them re coup the cost of the gemming and enchanting .

But 4k honor refund is just an insult .

+1
Edited by Planetquake on 13/07/2011 20:07 BST
Reply Quote
this is awsome.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
4k? i farmed about 19k on that week
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Farmed 27k on my warrior.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I think giving out no compensation at all, would have been the better choice. Compensate 20-30 hours or even more with 4k honor is quiet an insolence. It shows how little you value the affords of a player. It is not even the 1st april.

Btw. if you had the chance to sell your wrong bought equipment back to the vendor, you got the 4k honor as well. Means people who wasted no honor or far less, got 'compensated' with the same 4k honor as people who wasted 27k honor.

In my opinion, I pay the bills for my gametime here, with money I earned myself. I pay the honor for my honor equipment, with honor I grinded myself. If you are not able to compensate the losses I had because of your mistakes, I neither need such a present.

You wish of a constructive feedback?

<constructive feedback>
Go to
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aszune/Asunya/feed

let a program scan how much honor I wasted and compensate it.
</constructive feedback>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]