WoWArmory Facebook Application Closing

Community
We're in the process of deploying a new, open World of Warcraft Web API which, among other functions, will provide a more fully-featured replacement for the existing WoWArmory website. Over the past few months, we’ve been working with our partners and fansites to help them migrate away from using WoWArmory.com, and on 2 August we will decommission it, as well as the WoWArmory Facebook application.

When the Facebook application is turned off, users who installed it will no longer see it in their list of Facebook applications. They will also no longer have the ability to access Facebook pages that were associated with the application, and all news feed entries created by it will be removed.

Our hope is that, through the new Web API, we can encourage a broad range of community-created features like the WoWArmory application, and are excited to see what else can be done by opening this information up to application and website developers.
Reply Quote
72 Human Paladin
First!

And does anyone really care, considering the application doesn't work half the time?
Edited by Corrected on 20/07/2011 15:31 BST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
idd,the app doesnt work usually
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Well not everyone has a fancy phone with apps anyway or time to waste on Facebook so....who cares really. I would just like a site where you can specifically search forums or guilds or whatever without it bringing up a ton of irrelevant stuff. I preferred the previous site the serarches were much more specific to what you were looking at.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well not everyone has a fancy phone with apps anyway or time to waste on Facebook so....who cares really..

The millions who do?
Reply Quote
- CS
95 Draenei Priest
I would love a working FB news feed. The original one worked for a few weeks or so but I haven't seen a post from it for months.
I'd also like a properly searchable armoury like it used to be.
Reply Quote
83 Worgen Hunter
Pointless. Not going to use it. WoW is a game. Not something that has a matter in your life. Like Blizzard states themselves.

"Take everything in moderation, even World of Warcraft."

Giving apps on your cell phones and now Facebook. Facebook being the biggest social media there is, you'll lose more privacy. It only brings your real life matters closer to a game you play for fun. IMO Blizzard is being a big hypocrite with doing this. Real ID was alright, that was useful, but this is just utterly pointless.

WoW is turning into a social media medium, which it ain't. Cut the horseshiet Blizzard.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
hehe.. looks like there is some bad karma over Blizzard. for past 2 years everything they are trying to make "better" only ends up being worse. maybe it's time to stop making changes to a milking cow that once was a good game (site, account page etc.) and maybe use your imagination to come up with something completely new and fresh
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Where is the documentation for the new World of Warcraft web API?
Reply Quote
- CS
95 Draenei Priest
23/07/2011 15:07Posted by Michelli
Giving apps on your cell phones and now Facebook. Facebook being the biggest social media there is, you'll lose more privacy. It only brings your real life matters closer to a game you play for fun.

I think I'm old enough to decide that for myself - it's not compulsory to use it. I don't like RealID and would never use it myself, but a FB link to the armoury that posts major achievements was great for the few weeks it lasted. I look forward to one that works sometime in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
No idea why the above people giving a negative reply on this. New apps and plugin will be developed and most of the time available for free.

People on Facenbook and and other social networks often don't really seem to be bothered about there privacy anyway
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This is awesome!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I use the remote app great for messing around when not playing wow.

I use it for auction house since I don't want to waste game time on that.

Also use it to see which achieves I want to play for and guild chat.

Diss me if you want but at least I'm not playing Farmville....
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
This is great. CCP and Eve Online have a similar API system which is used for alot of user made applications. It gives addon developers alot more freedom to create non ingame applications.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
Shouldn't in game interaction be encouraged and nurtured rather than pretentious social networking? I'm glad to see the Facebook stuff go, truthfully.
Reply Quote
"Log in with your Facebook account to play the game."
Edited by Mimmai on 26/07/2011 00:29 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Gamers have no friends :D
therefore no facebook :)
therefore no point in the app xD

trololo
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
wow you realy need to let everyone in the world IRL to knowz that you are playingz worldz of worldcraftzors
Reply Quote
- WoW, StarCraft II
85 Worgen Druid
I am eagerly awaiting your new Web API. The old one was frustrating to work with.
Edited by Danellos on 05/08/2011 10:47 BST
Reply Quote
79 Undead Warlock
Love the updates to the Android app though, talent calc FTMFW :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]