Fear Nothing Radio... and shows

87 Draenei Shaman
Hello Tarren Mill.

I'm sitting here talking to Devi about the Fear Nothing radio and how we can improve it.

Lots of people have complained about the constant trance on the radio (myself included) so he approached me and asked me to host a show and I accepted his offer. So starting sometime this week I will start something called "The Metal Hour" and during this I will play metal music in all shapes and forms and next week I will start a show that we are gonna call the Cresil show, that is until I come up with a better name for it.

So we kept brainstorming and we came up with this thing where a player that is exceptional with his/her class can make a show about it and just talk about their wow class and how to play that wow class, what to do, class changes and so on.

So after some more talk we decided to ask the listeners for feedback.
Are these ideas good?
Would you listen to the radio if things like this happened?
Do you have any ideas of your own?

Finally we are asking if anyone is interested in making their own show or be a part of the shows that are in the making? If so please contact Arborescence, Andromedá or Cresillian in-game or post in this thread. Also feel free to post in this thread if you have any ideas for shows or topics in shows.

http://fearnothingradio.listen2myradio.com/

To clarify: For those of you who don't know devi, he is the one hosting the radio atm and his name is Arborescence/Andromedá
Edited by Cresillian on 26/07/2011 20:02 BST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
That "Metal hour" better have some real metal and not this new age metalcore crap that's selling these days. Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
More metal than Hansel and Gretel's Mum's kettle.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
fail radio is fail pure and simple

No personalities, and no fun but keep my spot warm until i bring back Tarren Mill FM thanks <3
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Shaman
It is pure metal, anything from dream theater to dimmu borgir and !@#$ in between.

Tomorrow I will try to get the first metal hour going and wednesdays are gonna be progressive metal

Thursdays will be heavy death/black metal
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
lol spunge you were never that good, and if i remember correctly it wasnt you that people even liked so carry on thinking that if it makes you feel better.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Shaman
Finished the play list for wednesday and tomorrows metal is gonna be juicy.

The really heavy stuff comes after the first two songs, for those of you who want that

Gonna be playing some Meshuggah, Opeth, Nevermore, DT, SX etcetc
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
What about the founders of metal like Black Sabbath, or the best bands of thrash metal like early Metallica, early Testament, Overkill, Sepultura or Anthrax?
Edited by Gagerx on 26/07/2011 22:48 BST
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Shaman
Metallica, Black Sabbath, Slayer, Anthrax etcetc is gonna be played on mondays, mostly, but will do mixes on saturdays that contain all kinds of bands and songs. Bands like Rainbow & Pink Floyd. It's going to be a mellow song day
Edited by Cresillian on 26/07/2011 22:52 BST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
26/07/2011 22:13Posted by Arborescence
lol spunge you were never that good, and if i remember correctly it wasnt you that people even liked so carry on thinking that if it makes you feel better.

that'll be why im constantly asked about bringing it back? I guess not, cos you know best :)

bad radio with a bad name of a bad guild that shoulda been left to die in wotlk
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
^ y u so jelly of Fear Nothing radio?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I think it is great that people are willing to give up their free time to do this spunge. Considering you were a part of fear nothing back when rage merged in wolk maybe you should be less of a %*@% towards them - nothing wrong with having a radio show.

For the record I never listened to either show but seeing as you have decided you are above this server these guys deserve credit for carrying on the tradition of having a radio dedicated to tarren mill. Keep it up guys, who knows I might drop by and have a listen following this ^^
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
27/07/2011 00:52Posted by Stabbyspunge

that'll be why im constantly asked about bringing it back? I guess not, cos you know best :)

bad radio with a bad name of a bad guild that shoulda been left to die in wotlk

lol spunge the rod up your !@# must have a rod up its $%^. your nothing special. move on
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
well both melman and spunge were good DJs spunge was more charismatic and better people liked melman more because they are warcraft geeks and she has a !@#$%^ end of
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I think it is great that people are willing to give up their free time to do this spunge. Considering you were a part of fear nothing back when rage merged in wolk maybe you should be less of a %*@% towards them - nothing wrong with having a radio show

I never played any part in the merger as i quit Rage long before that happened

27/07/2011 09:35Posted by Helikaon
you are above this server

I know, thanks

27/07/2011 10:53Posted by Arborescence
lol spunge the rod up your !@# must have a rod up its $%^. your nothing special. move on

I've never been one to divulge in the matter of rods in other males anatomy - however thank you for your wonderful insight.

end of the day, you will never anywhere near as good :)

27/07/2011 11:28Posted by Wizgub
well both melman and spunge were good DJs spunge was more charismatic and better people liked melman more because they are warcraft geeks and she has a !@#$%^ end of

We needed more DJ Wizgub also!!
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Shaman
I don't wanna take any part in this... thing that you have started here spunge but I have to ask.

Why does it bother you so much?

We talked and discussed and said that if people outside of FN want to do anything on the radio then they are free to do so and we will rename the radio to "I stole the name TM FM" or something like that. If you are as good as you say you are then feel free to host a show for x amount of hours instead of going and being a complete *@!@ towards people who have not done or said anything offensive to you. Ofc Arborescence is not included in those people. Anyway have a nice day :)
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Shaman
Thanks to everyone for the positive energy during the progressive metal hour this evening.

As old school metal was in really high demand I will play that on mondays, thursdays and ofc during the saturday mix so look forward to old school thursday tomorrow at 18:00 hours.

Some of you wanted a play list of tonights songs, especially the name of "the one with the nice solo" so here ya go, Progressive Wednesdays play list;

1. Andromeda - Periscope
2. Symphony X - The Iconoclast
3. Opeth - Heir Apparent
4. Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
5. Pagan's Mind - Intermission (this is the one with the nice solo)
6. Meshuggah - Pravus
7. Dream Theater - The Glass Prison
8. Andromeda - Blink of an Eye

Thanks again for the good support and cya tomorrow at 18:00
Edited by Cresillian on 28/07/2011 01:19 BST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
27/07/2011 15:41Posted by Cresillian
being a complete *@!@ towards people who have not done or said anything offensive to you

You do realise you just pointed out something that i aspire to

Also, nice playlist - 2 songs from same artists within 10 songs, are you DJ Amando in disguise?

Wizgub pointed it out rather well - Planning on bringing back my radio station in the winter, if you play your cards right i might give you a slot

<3
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Well you need me as a guest star to make any radio station complete.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Shaman

You do realise you just pointed out something that i aspire to

Also, nice playlist - 2 songs from same artists within 10 songs, are you DJ Amando in disguise?

Wizgub pointed it out rather well - Planning on bringing back my radio station in the winter, if you play your cards right i might give you a slot

<3

HAH

I'm starting to like you more and more.

Yeah was trying out the stream stuff and so on. The play list ended up being about 80 minutes long with each song (except for two) being 9 minutes or longer (one being 14mins). Also is there something wrong with having two songs from the same artist? The playlist had a theme and I will make more playlists with themes even if there are 2 songs from the same artist. It's bound to happen eventually so I had a 64 minute gap between those two songs.

Paaske, we got some stuff planned, just waiting for my recording stuff to arrive, which should be on either monday and tuesday and then I will have a talk show and maybe a podcast. We would like to have guests on the show. Already got some guys who signed up for it. But there are always people who say "I'll do it" and then when it's time they say "Um... um... I gotta go feed my grandma, her cat caught on fire and that traumatized her... so... yeah... cya"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]