[RP] Unknown Disease Stage 3! (3.0)

73 Blood Elf Mage
Strong gusts of wind sliced through the air, blowing frosted flakes across the snowy mountain tops of Winterspring. The ailing Arcanist took another step forward. He had been battling the mysterious magical affliction with miraculous success for several days now, only sometimes succumbing to the hallucinations. He needed to find a cure. Testing his footing cautiously on the cliff, the mage peered downwards to the bottom of the precipice. He heaved a grunt and leapt off the edge, dropping at an exhilarating speed for a few seconds before he started to mutter the words for his Slow Fall spell. His eyes suddenly widened drastically when he found his mind blank with no recollection of the magic chant. He continued to plummet towards his impending death when the once-again familiar words came back to him. With only seconds left to save himself from becoming a bloody splat, he unleashed the spell just in time. A gasp and a yell of pain escaped him when he finally landed on the snow-covered ground with a broken leg.

"What the fel was that?! How could I have forgotten the spell all of a sudden?!"

OOC

Stage 3.0 has been unleashed! During this phase, ALL CHARACTERS WITH A MANA BAR will experience sudden memory loss of their spells, portrayed above in the short scene. The frequency of this short-term memory loss is up to the player to decide. You can be forgetting every spell you cast or every other or so on and so forth. Those affected by this Stage 3.0 symptom will most likely not experience the other ones of stage 1 and stage 2 (we strongly recommend it, but you have final say for your own character!). We don't want it to be overly chaotic. Imagine someone coughing, vomiting, hallucinating, and having to endure this on top of everything else would be too crazy. NOTE: Druids are considered to be under this category, however, when they shift into forms that do not have a mana bar (which means they cannot cast spells) this symptom does not manifest itself.

Those who DO NOT experience stage 3 (namely Death Knights, Warriors, Rogues, Hunters) will continue having the hallucinations!
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Mage
OOC note: The expedition to find tablets was a complete success! Thank you to all who attended. :)
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Mage
DCDC Official Statement.

Part 1:
Our medics have reported a change in symptoms in patients who have reached the third stage of the 'magical affliction'. The following is the report:

As we continue to monitor our patients in the quarantine zones of both Horde and Alliance, we have noticed a slight change to the third stage symptom. Before, it was a momentary memory loss of incantations of spells. However, as it progressed, it has changed and now manifests itself as the actual spell going awry. One example would be Patient A was trying to conjure some water, but instead of water, Patient A created a mana cake. This symptom appears erratically with no set frequency.

The DCDC has now put a warning up. We strongly recommend that infected individuals, who consume mana as a means of unleashing spells, do not try and cast spells.

Part 2:
A resistance has been formulated and is available upon request at each of the quarantine zones. The resistance potion buffers you and it will make you less likely to catch the magical affliction.
((You get a +15, while you have the buff on you, to your infection roll! E.g. If you roll 50, you can add +15 to that, and end up with 65 as your final roll! Any level can use the potion.))

Part 3:
A brief report on the expedition into Winterspring late last week. The team has successfully retrieved several tablets found in the ruins of where the source artefact was discovered. Our team is working on deciphering the ancient Kal'dorei writing on these tablets. When we have further information, we will release it right away.

On that note, we would like to commend our heroes for bringing back these tablets, giving us hope to finding a mass cure to this 'magical affliction'.

The cure is within reach, everyone. Don't give up hope!

- Dalaran Centre for Disease Control (DCDC).
Edited by Ailse on 26/07/2011 10:37 BST
Reply Quote
it has changed and now manifests itself as the actual spell going awry. One example would be Patient A was trying to conjure some water, but instead of water, Patient A created a mana cake. This symptom appears erratically with no set frequency.

Oh my god, I must be infected and have been since the dawn of time. I can't count the number of times I've tried to say something and all I did was flip up my guild notes, a list of friends, casting a random spell and then jumping.
Edited by Rodvitner on 26/07/2011 10:42 BST
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Mage
DCDC Official Statement.

The following has been deciphered from the tablets brought back from Winterspring.

The source artefact that brought on the magical affliction was originally designed as a weapon to use against arcane users of ancient Kal'dorei society. It was engineered by a rogue group of Kal'dorei who were not under the lead of Malfurion. However, during experimentation, they realized that the spell affected all mana users, instead of just mages. Upon failure of redesigning the matrix of the spell to only target arcane magic users, they decided to lock the artefact away in hopes that future generations would be able to perfect it. Because the artefact was not destroyed, the druids came up with a cure in case the magical affliction broke free. The following are the ingredients to creating the potion that will purge the magical affliction anyone who is infected by it.

Abyssal Clams x 50
Runn Tum Tuber x 100
Blue Dragon Scales x 25
Red Dragon Scales x 25
Bubbling Water x 100
Primal Nethers x 50

The above quantities can make up to 20 potions.
Each potion created can cure up to 10 infected individuals.

We urge everyone to help with procuring the listed ingredients!
Horde, please send them to Arht. Alliance, please send them to Barwíck
-------------------
Further thanks have been put out towards the following individuals who assisted in deciphering the tablets; Noctis, Zigtsu Tixilix Dawnstrider and Elaynah Netherwind.

-Dalaran Centre for Disease Control (DCDC).

Edited by Ailse on 27/07/2011 19:41 BST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
So it seems we got a cure... Does that mean i can take off my mask now?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
It does indeed. :D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
But does it mean i have to say goodbye to my troll friends too? *points around in the air... Seemingly nothing to spot*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The following message has been released on pamphlets, papers of news, and nailed on many noticeboards in larger cities within the Horde, and even some in Dalaran.

Horde Triage Statement.

Many have heard of the magical ailment spreading throughout the world. Researches, medics and alchemists have rallied to the call of the Dalaran Center for Disease Control (DCDC) to find ways to treat this disease burdening so many. Thanks to a valliant expedition, a cure has now been found. Efforts are well under way to gather the needed materials to produce the cure, and make it widely available. However, the current cure requires the scales of blue and red dragons, and lots of them. This is not the time for desperate people to go forth and slay dragons who are allies in the fight against Deathwing. As such, alternate solutions are being researched.

The new threat of the Twilight Dragonflight has its origens in the corrupted eggs of red and blue dragons. The scales of these azureborn and crimsonborn monstrocities have proven a likely suitable substitute for our cure. We are thus placing out the call to the brave soldiers, heroes, adventurers and anyone else available. Should you face dragons with scales of purple twilight, send them in and help the people on the home front overcome their dreadful disease.

The more twilight scales we receive, the sooner we can complete testing and make the cure available widespread. The Horde Triage in Silvermoon is still looking for volunteers. Dalaran is supportive of this initiative and through their efforts the release of this cure is also expected to spread to the Alliance. Please send all shipments of Twilight Dragon scales to the Horde Triage, directed to Gosa Summerwing. From there, they will be made freely available to all researchers. Free testing for the disease is also still available.

-Horde Triage Center, Silvermoon.

Aisle and Adoette will likely be mostly unavailable for a month, so I am stepping in a little to bring things to a final resolution. I'm available for contact IC and OOC. Currently there is no one on Alliance fulfilling this role that I know of, but anyone can step in and do so, or play that such happens. If you wish to contact me on Alliance with any questions or anything else, contact Asperia by mail.
Edited by Gosá on 02/08/2011 21:35 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
ALL CHARACTERS WITH A MANA BAR ?? I don't really think you can just decied that?
I mean seriously you can't just force people to take in your diesease?
Its a nice story and all that with it. But i still thing that Line with all characters with a Mana bar?
You make it sound like you decied what people role play all of a sudden?

I just find that abit wierd.
Reply Quote
If you come across an infected person, you will be given the chance to /roll.
1-50 = Infected.
51-100 = Not infected.
Extra details will be given to you via whispers from the infected person.
In the end, you have the choice as to whether your character becomes infected or not.

As quoted from the OP's post in the first thread about stage one of the disease.

So don't worry, in the end it is you who decides whether or not you participate in this. I believe, reading this, that it was not the organizer's intent to force any of this on anyone. :)
Edited by Wirha on 11/08/2011 10:03 BST
Reply Quote
ALL CHARACTERS WITH A MANA BAR ?? I don't really think you can just decied that?
I mean seriously you can't just force people to take in your diesease?
Its a nice story and all that with it. But i still thing that Line with all characters with a Mana bar?
You make it sound like you decied what people role play all of a sudden?

I just find that abit wierd

They're not forcing you to take on their disease, it's a game and therefore ultimately your choice. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]