the difference

87 Human Death Knight
This goes to all those that love Ganking and Corpse Camping.

You can shout PvP server, but ganking is not PvP its being a loser and you just spoil the game because its just not fun. Besides, fighting someone who is at half health after ress can't be fun at all either. I've done it and I don't enjoy it and I know its not fun for my victim so I don't bother.

Yes its a PvP server and yes Alliance fights Horde and Horde fights Alliance, but for the love of God man. If you're going to do that why not just wait outside a preschool and beat up little children as they leave?

So what I'm saying is ganking is NOT PvP, DON'T DO IT!
Edited by Hakuteiken on 02/08/2011 15:49 BST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
frost DK
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
If you're implying anything bad because I'm Frost DK or that I'm meant to be OP I'd appreciate if you keep your comments to yourself. I certainly don't need such comments from a Rogue. Play a class that requires some skill and then we'll talk.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Play a class that requires some skill and then we'll talk.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

ill give you 3/10 for that attempt, it made me laugh but its unbelievable anyone can be that wrong.

Edit: You're playing TSG with 24 wins and 30 losses, I pity you, I really do.

It's you and Ortund and your ridiculous forum posts that make the alliance on this server look so bad.
Edited by Sleeks on 03/08/2011 03:18 BST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Cool story bro. As soon as i started reading, i knew you where ally before i looked at your picture. You can QQ more because it wont stop =D
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
Okay Sleeks, Okay. Yes, my arena progress is far from impressive, but I never mentioned arena in my initial posts so I don't know why you're bringing that up. Yes, we run a TSG, but all 3 of us are relatively new to arena. Out of the 466 arena matches I've played I have won 220. Now you tell me, how can a high rating be expected of me when I have barely done PvP.

Before Cataclysm I was mainly PvE orientated; trying to gear and progress in ICC. Cataclysm came out on December 7th, I bought it on December 7th and my Internet crashed on December 7th. I only got back from that in February and was still looking more to PvE. That was until I was questing in Uldum trying level my wee level 82 self when a level 85 Blood Elf Paladin came and stomped my guts out for no apparent reason and proceeded to gank me.

Thats when I decided to become better at PvP. I did Battlegrounds for Honor gear, and eventually moved up to Arena. My focus in Arena was to gear up rather than focus on rating so each week I would disband my team and start from 0. A good deal of that was in 3v3 with some Guildies who, like myself, were also new to Arena.

I can now take on almost anyone in 1v1; Rogues and Shamans are the exception to this rule and depending on the skill of the player, any other class is also the exception. I'm not the best, and I've never ever claimed to be the best, and the whole purpose of this post was to vent I suppose. I'm sure, being the intelligent fellow that you are, that you can understand my frustration when I want to mine or I'm just doing dailies or even just running around aimlessly, and some random player attacks me, and after a hard fight, kills me, and then corpse camps me.

Personally I never attack Horde when I see them unless they attack me. Partly because I don't know their skill and strength and partly because I feel bad when I get killed when I'm not bothering anyone, and so I don't want to make others feel the same. I also feel like total loser when I do just randomly attack and then kill someone. In fact there has been a time or two when people have logged Alliance players and raged at me for it.

For the record though, I don't think its posts like this that make Alliance look bad, I think its the fact that Alliance are so defeated by this population imbalance nonsense that to them being ganked is okay. Being second rate in PvP is okay. Being the doormat for Horde to walk all over is okay. Its embarrassing to be perfectly honest.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I understand what you're frustrated about but these threads that crop up every 2 weeks or so from you and Ortund are not the way to vent it, it makes you come across as whiney kids.

no matter what the population balance is, people will always try to outnumber you to get an easy kill, It's happened to me many times in Tol Barard and im just thankful that the alliance on this server are so bad that I can easily take care of them 2v1, but in saying that there are a lot of crappy hordies that you should be able to deal with.

I changed to ally for about 6 months and although severely underpopulated it's nowhere near as bad as you and Ortund make it out to be so please stop with these threads, next time you get ganked ask some of the decent members of the alliance such as Quiffe to help you out.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Well i usually attack everything i see, be it a 90k #%@%%@@!! in lvling gear or a group of 5, i do agree however that corpsecamping is lame unless done in a funny way, like gy camping 2 guys in decent gear by urself or something
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
hahaha, it's part of the game bro, don't like it, don't play or change server.
& you're a Frost DK... uMad bro?
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
why does everyone point out that im a frost dk? what difference does that make?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
cos frost DK's have it easy
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Frost DK's should have no trouble when people try to gank you, unless you are terrible at the game and a serious l2p issue is involved.
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
Why does it always come down to l2p? I hate seeing that to be honest, its insulting imo

the class has nothing to do with it. ive seen players who are much better than me get ganked... Blime ganks em on a daily basis almost (heya buddy) but if someone were able to beat Blime and gank him, would he need to l2p?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well part of l2p, is not to complain on the forums about being ganked. l2p :-)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
You're not being ganked by blime though are you? you're probably being ganked by random bad players in zandalari gear
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
i dont know what gear they are in... i just know that i almost killed the shaman and he did a knockback thing and i went flying off a mountain and he corpse camped me with his rogue m8... as for Blime, I have been ganked by him which was even less fun... im probably nothing more than an annoyance in combat with him
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
03/08/2011 18:50Posted by Hakuteiken
Personally I never attack Horde when I see them unless they attack me. Partly because I don't know their skill and strength and partly because I feel bad when I get killed when I'm not bothering anyone, and so I don't want to make others feel the same. I also feel like total loser when I do just randomly attack and then kill someone.

You, my dear sir, need to be on a PvE server. It's as simple as that. I don't mean this in a "omg l2play" way or in a "You suck" way. Tbh, I don't have the slightest idea how to play a DK since I never rolled one (hate them >.>).

If all of this is really such an issue to you that you need to come all the down here, the dark and deserted, filled with trolls, Spinebreaker-forums, well... I think it's about damn time for a little server-change. If you don't want to pay for it, wait for it or abandon your Alliance friends, take it like a man and accept the world pvp and YES it will stay in your disadvantage. I'm sorry, but you'll just have to accept, Spine is like 80% Horde, it sucks to be Alliance, especially if you like to do TB dailies or whatnot.

As for world pvp, if there is any, well... >.> I don't exactely feel like going after every Alliance I see either every time I see one, mainly cause I'm a) cba or b) too busy with dailies. But as for Gnomes & Dorfs, hell yes, they will die by my feet. Cause this is a PvP server and it's designed to unleash fury whenever people feel like it. :D:D:D Yay!

And no I don't feel bad about killing one, even if they didn't start a fight and were just happily picking some herbs just a second before.. Why not you say? Cause they made the descision to picka Pvp-server, just like I did. And with that choice comes the chance they'll get killed unexpected and tbh, they can't whine about that. If you wanna avoid whining, roll a char on a PvE server... Nuff said. If I'd get upset or angry about things like this, I wouldn't be here. Fix'd.

So yeah... Make a wise descision I'd say... :/
Edited by Amyra on 10/08/2011 09:52 BST
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
A server transfer - for various reasons - is not an option. So I have one choice. Get better in PvP. Between the time of the original post and now I have come under attack by Horde players, but they were no match for me. So I seem to be getting better, but the point I tried to get across originally is that ganking and corpse camping is NOT PvP.

Its all well and good to find me, fight me, kill me, but then leave me be or allow me time to at least put up a decent fight. When I ress and have half health its not really PvP because I'm probably trying to get away. PvP = Player versus Player i.e two players fighting each other. PvP = Player versus Player i.e not player A beating on player B when player B is at half health and trying to get away.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
03/08/2011 18:50Posted by Hakuteiken
Personally I never attack Horde when I see them unless they attack me. Partly because I don't know their skill and strength and partly because I feel bad when I get killed when I'm not bothering anyone, and so I don't want to make others feel the same. I also feel like total loser when I do just randomly attack and then kill someone. In fact there has been a time or two when people have logged Alliance players and raged at me for it.

You can't expect people to not gank you just because you don't like ganking urself, i think alot of people play on pvp servers because they DO want to gank. I for once xfered from Hellscream because i was tierd of running around with my pvp flag up hoping someone would attack me so i could retaliate >_<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]