Solo raids without raid group

Hey, may have a suggestion to make it slightly easier for people who wanna do a quick run through old expansion raids.
atm. we need to be in a raid group to enter raids, which is not hard to get. but does it really have to be like that? i see no reason for it.
What if you for example could turn ur dungeon dificultly thing to "raid" to be able to enter without depending on being in a group?

no biggie, its just that i personally do thoose things at night, when its hard to get people to help me out :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I agree here I have even seen that in the firelands there are achievements for taking on trash solo so if you’re putting in achievements for it why make it so difficult.

as for grouping up as far as i can tell it's a fair amount of pain for the other party either putting their xp gain on hold or logging off and in with an alt just to DC.
Reply Quote
19 Gnome Warlock
No, Blizzard does not approve of people farming old raids, why would they make it easier?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Not sure if its possible now but its been awhile since I did it. But joining Wintergrasp I never left the raid at the end.
Reply Quote
74 Human Rogue
11/08/2011 13:06Posted by Hellcaller
No, Blizzard does not approve of people farming old raids, why would they make it easier?
Why not?
Reply Quote
80 Worgen Priest
i hate it i needed to go on to 2 wow accounts at the same time on my litle computer
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Anu
you just invite a friend to a gruop, make it a raid, og on an alt, make the friend invite the alt, log back on the char you want to solo with and your friend can leave, BAM you can enter and solo raids
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
With the introduction of the Transmogrification system; a change like this would allow people to more easily farm that favourite gear set they want without the annoyance of constantly having to ask somebody to help them through the instance portal.

I see no reason why raids should be treated differently than five-mans.

It's an outdated mechanic, and it needs to go.

Please hear me.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
11/08/2011 13:06Posted by Hellcaller
Blizzard does not approve of people farming old raids,

1. Why? and where did u hear this?

2. If they don't approve of farming old raids, how do they expect people to get the gear they want for the new transmog ability - surely that's Blizz encouraging people to farm old raids?

I've often thought 'I wish I cld go take a peek round Kharazan one night' when nobody's on.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Priest
22/08/2011 00:52Posted by Yriadhorr
I've often thought 'I wish I cld go take a peek round Kharazan one night' when nobody's on.

Whats stopping you?
Its a beautiful place ;o)
Reply Quote
11 Blood Elf Warlock
Blizzard has a list of things they want to do where they put priorities on wishes. I dont think this will get a high enough priority as there is an easy alternative. It only takes 2 chars to make a raid. The 2nd char doesn't even have to be online while in an instance.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I must say I agree... what is the point of making things difficult and annoying? Its a GAME....its meant to be FUN. It really doesnt make any sense at all not to allow players to try to solo raids. It seems petty somehow.

...a bit like removing all the useful portals for no good reason anyone can discern...
Edited by Cerunnos on 09/11/2011 00:57 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
22/08/2011 11:14Posted by Dysnomia

Whats stopping you?

I do that every week, it's quite simply actually, asking a random person to join your group, be nice and he won't say no, and then convert it to raid, when you are inside Karazhan he can leave the Raid Group, you won't be kick out of the instance...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
22/08/2011 11:14Posted by Dysnomia

Whats stopping you?

I do that every week, it's quite simply actually, asking a random person to join your group, be nice and he won't say no, and then convert it to raid, when you are inside Karazhan he can leave the Raid Group, you won't be kick out of the instance...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
hey there.. im a new noobie to the game and i am in a guild, but i play at night because i work in the day time.. is there any possibility to raid on your own?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]