Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest

85 Worgen Druid
Boomkin related topic for the legendary staff, though first information was given by Siiz most things here are additions to that for druids.

What we know so far:

Now, when you cast a spell and it hits, if the staff procs and the second spell is cast, the second can crit even though your first one didn't.
In return, the proc can also hit if you crit your initial spell.

Instead of coping the spell like it does with DD spells or instant, DOTs are different. If the staff procs on a DOT tick, instead of casting the same "spell", it will cast Wrath of Tarecgosa, and match the damage of the DOT.

by Siiz

Some examples:

Happyjojj's Starfire hits Raider's Training Dummy for 17573 Arcane.
Happyjojj's Starfire hits Raider's Training Dummy for 36494 Arcane.(Critical)

Raider's Training Dummy suffers 3426 Nature damage from Happyjojj's Insect Swarm.
Happyjojj's Wrath of Tarecgosa hits Raider's Training Dummy for 3426 Arcane.

As for moonfire/sunfire
The direct damage of moonifre gets copied as any other direct damage and the copied spell refreshes the dot aswell:

09:15:50> Happyjojj's Moonfire is refreshed on Raider's Training Dummy.
09:15:50> Happyjojj's Moonfire hits Raider's Training Dummy for 2405 Arcane.
09:15:51> Happyjojj gains Happyjojj's Lunar Shower.
09:15:51> Raider's Training Dummy suffers 2523 Arcane damage from Happyjojj's Moonfire.
09:15:51> Happyjojj's Moonfire is refreshed on Raider's Training Dummy.
09:15:51> Happyjojj's Moonfire hits Raider's Training Dummy for 2403 Arcane.

As you can see, after gaining lunar shower for the original moonfire the copied one does not give any + stacks or lunar/solar power.

Starfall is copied as direct damage.What I've experienced if the duplicated spell procs from starfall it CANCELS channelling hurricane, because of being direct damage I suppose. The Wrath of Tarecgosa bonus damage from DoTs does not do that.

When wrath/starfire is copied the copied spell also gives solar/lunar power.I'm not yet sure if the amount of power given by the copied spell can be affected by Euphoria and the amounts can differ.

10:26:31> Happyjojj's Wrath hits Raider's Training Dummy for 14178 Nature.
10:26:31> Happyjojj gains 17 Lunar Energy from Happyjojj's Eclipse Energy.
10:26:31> Happyjojj's Wrath hits Raider's Training Dummy for 14270 Nature.
10:26:31> Happyjojj gains 16 Lunar Energy from Happyjojj's Eclipse Energy.

Still testing, expect more.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Typhoon on 1 target

12:43:33> Happyjojj's Typhoon hits Training Dummy for 1 Nature.(6176 Overkill)
12:43:33> Happyjojj's Typhoon hits Training Dummy for 1 Nature.(9543 Overkill) (Critical)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Insect Swarm DoT segment, the proc rate seems to be around 11%

log here http://worldoflogs.com/reports/yjobatzhklh81jkh/
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
DoD
GZ on the staff and thanks for sharing :) I am sure some of my fellow boom friends will have a look.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

Hm question: That dmg from proc is arcane. Does it take bonus dmg from lunar eclipse?

(some US guy wants an answer)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
As the DoT proc has the EXACT same damage as the spell it copied it does not get any damage bonus in addition to the one the original moonfire had from the eclipse.

15:31:06> Raider's Training Dummy suffers 4505 Arcane damage from Happyjojj's Moonfire.
15:31:07> Happyjojj's Wrath of Tarecgosa hits Raider's Training Dummy for 4505 Arcane.
Edited by Happyjojj on 13/08/2011 14:48 BST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to getting mine. And congrats on the staff.

Tho I'm concerned that this staff + an Arcane Mage is going to be way too powerfull, as Arcane Mages have no DoTs to trigger the proc. So since they're spamming AB, most of the procs will be triggered on AB and a few on Arcane Mis. I don't know about you guys, but getting a 140k AB doubbled compared to getting any DoT critting around 10-20k doubbled..

I think this staff favours single target spells, which is quite obvious. Arcane Mages will have the advantage that they have no DoTs to trigger the proc.

We'll just have to see as more people are getting this staff :)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Wild Mushroom and Hurricane works like direct damage spells

19:27:09> Happyjojj's Wild Mushroom hits Raider's Training Dummy for 12923 Nature.
19:27:10> Happyjojj's Wild Mushroom hits Raider's Training Dummy for 21146 Nature.(Critical)

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
What about treants can that cause a staff proc from their melee hits,

I was fantising casting them and getting 6 treants hahaha
Edited by Aindriu on 13/08/2011 18:44 BST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Treant attacks and 2 piece t12 bonus pet attacks cannot be copied, at least it never happened to me.
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Shaman
Does the entire mushroom explosion get copied or every hit individually? Same for Typhoon and Hurricane.

On a related note, does the Typhoon knockback also get doubled?(If so, ouch)

Thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Can you ask what happens with regards to eclipse energy when an eclipsed spell is duplicated?

(i am the messenger from US side it!)
Edited by Lappé on 13/08/2011 19:59 BST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Copied eclipsed spells also give energy:

21:31:48> Happyjojj's Starfire hits Raider's Training Dummy for 28817 Arcane.
21:31:48> Happyjojj gains 20 Solar Energy from Happyjojj's Eclipse Energy.
21:31:49> Happyjojj's Starfire hits Raider's Training Dummy for 28676 Arcane.
21:31:49> Happyjojj gains 20 Solar Energy from Happyjojj's Eclipse Energy.

Mushrooms, it has a chance to proc on single mushrooms but if that happens, that affects all targets that mushroom hits, have a good example here:
3 mushrooms 3 targets should get 9 hits overall

21:42:08> Happyjojj's Wild Mushroom hits Training Dummy for 1 Nature.(8616 Overkill)
21:42:08> Happyjojj's Wild Mushroom hits Training Dummy for 1 Nature.(8649 Overkill)
21:42:08> Happyjojj's Wild Mushroom hits Training Dummy for 1 Nature.(13462 Overkill) (Critical)
21:42:08> Happyjojj's Wild Mushroom hits Training Dummy for 1 Nature.(13423 Overkill) (Critical)
21:42:08> Happyjojj's Wild Mushroom hits Training Dummy for 1 Nature.(8569 Overkill)
21:42:08> Happyjojj's Wild Mushroom hits Training Dummy for 1 Nature.(8529 Overkill)
21:42:08> Happyjojj's Wild Mushroom hits Training Dummy for 1 Nature.(8749 Overkill)
21:42:08> Happyjojj's Wild Mushroom hits Training Dummy for 1 Nature.(8607 Overkill)
21:42:08> Happyjojj's Wild Mushroom hits Training Dummy for 1 Nature.(8642 Overkill)

21:42:09> Happyjojj's Wild Mushroom hits Training Dummy for 1 Nature.(13293 Overkill) (Critical)
21:42:09> Happyjojj's Wild Mushroom hits Training Dummy for 1 Nature.(8656 Overkill)
21:42:09> Happyjojj's Wild Mushroom hits Training Dummy for 1 Nature.(8550 Overkill)

1 mushroom got doubled and it hit all 3 targets 12 hits overall

Same goes for hurricane.It has chance to proc/tick, if the tick gets doubled it affects all targets.
If typhoon procs the damage hits all targets the original spell did.However the daze debuff refreshes immediately, though it does not knock the target back to double range.

22:06:13> Diamond-Blade Shredder is afflicted by Happyjojj's Typhoon.
22:06:13> Happyjojj's Typhoon hits Diamond-Blade Shredder for 4779 Nature.
22:06:13> Happyjojj's Typhoon is refreshed on Diamond-Blade Shredder.
22:06:13> Happyjojj's Typhoon hits Diamond-Blade Shredder for 4779 Nature.

Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Small question regarding the Heart of Flame. When you have collected the 250 essences, it will be in the chest when you kill ragnaros?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
thx for all the info.

edit :
on the sidenote:
you definitely should reconsider your gemming choices,
refoge your neck and kick purple gems in your chest and relic out.
45int > 53 mastery
Edited by Mínze on 13/08/2011 21:45 BST
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Shaman
So the explosion itself gets doubled. Nice. Triple proc spells instant doom...

I'm not sure if i should be happy or sad about the knockback not getting doubled.
On one hand it could be useful at times, on the other tanks are going to kill poor innocent birdies...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to getting mine. And congrats on the staff.

Tho I'm concerned that this staff + an Arcane Mage is going to be way too powerfull, as Arcane Mages have no DoTs to trigger the proc. So since they're spamming AB, most of the procs will be triggered on AB and a few on Arcane Mis. I don't know about you guys, but getting a 140k AB doubbled compared to getting any DoT critting around 10-20k doubbled..

I think this staff favours single target spells, which is quite obvious. Arcane Mages will have the advantage that they have no DoTs to trigger the proc.

There is a big flaw in your logic. Hitting with big spells doesn't make it better, there is no internal cooldown so it's basically close to the same for everyone. The only differences come from the dps difference between classes.

Let's assume that:
    - You are both doing 30k dps.
    - There is no internal cooldown.
    - The proc chance is 10%.

Then if you look at the bigger picture, it basically means that you have 10% chance on average to duplicate that 30k damage that you are pushing every second. Yes, Arcane hits hard and slow, but on the other hands you hit with spells and dots much faster and you have a huge amount of things hitting the boss every second.

Basically it doesn't matter how you are doing it, it doesn't matter if that damage comes from Arcane Blasts that hit for 80k or tiny DoTs that hit for 5k, because you are both doing the same dps. Therefore, you will still see approximately the same increase in your damage that anyone else would.

This is why it doesn't have internal cooldown. If it had, your concerns would be valid, but it doesn't.

In the bigger picture, a 10% chance of duplicating any spell is a flat ~10% damage increase. That might not be completely true, given the complexity of some classes, but it's very close to being true in general.

There is only one reason that it will benefit one class over another. If class X is doing more damage than class Y before any of them obtained the legendary, then class X will get a higher benefit of the legendary than class Y. So, in practise, it might benefit one class over another depending on the current balance of classes and the particular fight mechanics.

The only issue here comes with pets and guardians, which are a big portion of warlock damage for example and a smaller portion of Druid and Shadow Priest damage. But I'm sure they will have a solution for this as well. If they don't, oh well.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
The only issue here comes with pets and guardians, which are a big portion of warlock damage for example and a smaller portion of Druid and Shadow Priest damage. But I'm sure they will have a solution for this as well. If they don't, oh well.

we'll see how well they can adjust the proc rate for them but the staff so far without knowing anything about wlock/spriests favours druids due to it duplicating the spell.

duplicating the spell means that you get double solar/lunar energy which means it works pretty much like haste, and that means more NG uptime, higher dot uptime etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]