something needs doing and it needs doing fast!!!!!

85 Human Paladin
So i queue for my random instance and being a tank i instantly get into the dungeon. Hmm 1 boss down but i figured the item that the tank wanted didn't drop so he left, no harm no foul right? WRONG!!!!!

So we get up the indiana jones/ troll skittles hill and kill the big bad troll, no issues there either. Next pull the 3 mobs next to the cauldron this is where i started to realise why the 1st tank left, i'm the only 1 using the cauldron buff the dps and healers are just stood there pew pew ing away. so anyway we kill the little bit of trash there again with me being the only 1 using the cauldron. Next boss i begin to notice how slow his health is going down then i realise i'm the only 1 killing the raptor, boss goes down after what felt like 25 minutes ( DBM should record slowest kills too).

Proceeded throughout the dungeon and i switch my recount to current fight as the penny hasn't really dropped yet and then it becomes quite plain to see. Every pull be it AoE or single target i am top of the meter (damage and dps). This can't be right can it i think to myself then i start to inspect the dps and healerand low and behold they are in PvP gear. then it dawns on me that they are all guildies so not only have i been lumbered with the worst group in the history of WoW but i haven't got a hope in hell of removing any of them either.

So, i hear you ask why compile a little story about it on the forums about it? Well i'll tell you why, and i hope you are listening loud and clear blizzard because it's SH*T like this that has lost you however many players since the launch of Cata. Player like myself are basically P*55ed off at landing in a random pug with a bunch of PvP geared idiots who have spent little or no time learning anything about dungeons or fights or mechanics or even how to play their class to the level required for these dungeons i mean come on any class/spec can push 10k dps if they have an ilvl of 346 and above surely? WRONG again so i propose blizzard that you change how the LFD tool works make it so that any resilience gear won't let you queue, make it so you need a certain dps criteria infact make it so you have to have an IQ over the standard pug of 7(infact 7 is being generous) but something needs doing and doing fast maybe even change it so you can't join it as a grp to it's all a bunch of randomers that way if any 1 person is under performing they can be removed.

Because atm pugging instances and getting grps like this is ruining my gameplay, simple as really and i do believe that that is part of the T&C of the game and it's the game putting me in these grps so you are violating your own terms blizzard sort it and sort it fast or next year you'll have lost more than the few hundred thousand players you'll have lost millions!!!!!

peace out!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Several points why this isn't worth the read for Blizzard:

1) No facts to back this up. Just nameless accusations and off-hand mentionings.
2) You contradict yourself. You say there were no problems at certain parts and even tell us the bosses get downed (just slowly) and still call them the worst group in the history of WoW.
3) One or two pieces of PvP gear can actually benefit you while you're still gearing. Blocking it wouldn't be met with positive responses from a lot of players.
4) See below:
17/08/2011 16:20Posted by Montagne
Because atm pugging instances and getting grps like this is ruining my gameplay,

Your entire post is about YOU. It's a selfish post with selfish goals. You don't care about the game or anyone elses experience, only your own.

This is also something I noticed you saying that amused me:

17/08/2011 16:20Posted by Montagne
boss goes down after what felt like 25 minutes ( DBM should record slowest kills too).

DBM posts a line saying "Combat against x ended after y minutes and z seconds". Clearly you either haven't used DBM and are mentioning it to sound like you're "in the know" or you use AddOns without actually taking the time to look them through.....

I'd rather have a PvP geared player in my group and deal with the low DPS than someone like you.
Edited by Cruxious on 17/08/2011 16:44 BST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I've got all kinds of PvP gear on. I will out DPS 95% of the people you queue me with. Problem?

PvP gear isn't the issue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Next pull the 3 mobs next to the cauldron this is where i started to realise why the 1st tank left, i'm the only 1 using the cauldron buff the dps and healers are just stood there pew pew ing away. so anyway we kill the little bit of trash there again with me being the only 1 using the cauldron. Next boss i begin to notice how slow his health is going down then i realise i'm the only 1 killing the raptor, boss goes down after what felt like 25 minutes ( DBM should record slowest kills too).

If your AoE is fine you don't actually need the red cauldron anyway, it just makes it faster.

I never kill the raptor if the dps is high enough. There is even an achievment for it, so it's perfectly legitimate and most groups insist on this way so they could have been told to do this before. The fact you are unaware of said tactic and therefore unwilling to tell the rest of the group which version you will do so everyone is on the same wavelength is YOUR fault not theirs.

You still downed bosses. There dps couldn't have been THAT low. And what's more, if you DID down bosses what the hell is the big deal anyway?? PvP gear isn't in and of itself a bad thing other than for tanks (Bears aside). They won't do maximum dps but if they know how to play then PvP gear won't matter all that much.

You sound like it is YOU who have the selfish attitude only wanting your quick run and freebie bag of goodies. Any tank who opts in for randoms and then complains is a complete hipocrite in my book, but it sounds to me a lot like you wouldn't be happy unless every member was pulling 20k and you could just doddle through quickly and easily....unless the groups was just fully incompetent and was constantly wiping then I fail to see where your issue is and think you need an attitude readjustment if you intend to keep tankign random PuGs.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
I feel your pain OP.

I run alot of dungeons, and have lost count the amount of times I've had to kill a boss all on my lonesome.

For this very reason...I only run ZA/ZG with guildies.

I've got no problem helping others through a dungeon. What gets my back up is when you witness them struggling, offer advice, and get told to 'shut up' (putting it politely) and to 'go go'...only to watch them stand in !@#$ and die -.-

Im not in total agreement about PVP gear tho. I've been in groups where PVP geared players are doing very respectable dps. However, i've also been in groups where the player has equipped the gear just to get into a HC dungeon, does very low dps, and hopes the rest of the group will carry them. Sometimes the group does, other times the player gets noticed, and kicked.

I'm not sure there is a fix for this. The dungeon finder tool is great when your grouped with a competent group...terrible when your grouped with idiots...roll the dice and take your chances I guess.

One suggestion I do have tho for Blizz....Put a token in the satchels that grants a weekend at some countryside spa resort, or at the very least, an hour with a Psychiatrist so I can keep my sanity!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
17/08/2011 17:55Posted by Atheriel
If your AoE is fine you don't actually need the red cauldron anyway, it just makes it faster.

It's a blue (frost) couldron he's talking about.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have long time ago started a habit of always inspecting everyone when entering ZA/ZG.
If there are 2 or more people with pvp gear and they are from same realm, I just don't go with that group. Not worth it.
I know there are some people who manage to do more than adequate dps even with pvp-gear and who know all the tactics and other stuff well too, so if there is 1 pvp geared person, I might give them a chance, but if there is more than 1 pvp:er and from same realm, there is such a high probability that it's a fail group that I just absolutely refuse to go with groups like that.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
17/08/2011 16:43Posted by Cruxious
DBM posts a line saying "Combat against x ended after y minutes and z seconds". Clearly you either haven't used DBM and are mentioning it to sound like you're "in the know" or you use AddOns without actually taking the time to look them through.....

yeah it does record the times and it lets you know what time you killed boss x in and even if you break your record but it does keep a record for slow kills does it?

You still downed bosses. There dps couldn't have been THAT low.

ret pally doing 6k lock doing 8 druid doing 9 i averaged 12k as the tank. so yeah you could say it was THAT low!!!

Posted by Atheriel

It's a blue (frost) couldron he's talking about.

and you sir are correct and i salute you

17/08/2011 18:00Posted by Overiord
or at the very least, an hour with a Psychiatrist so I can keep my sanity!

tru story bro
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I could be wrong about the slot, but I'm sure for an elemental shammy at the end of wrath, the PVP cloak was BiS till you could get the 25 man ICC one.

OP is ranting slightly but I get the point tho, maybe pvp should have a lower ilevel as it has a useless pve stat and usually more stamina than is needed. But then that opens a kettle of worms. Next we'll be wanting to penalize players ilevels for not stacking enough haste or whatever.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
17/08/2011 20:39Posted by Montagne

yeah it does record the times and it lets you know what time you killed boss x in and even if you break your record but it does keep a record for slow kills does it?

You still downed bosses. There dps couldn't have been THAT low.

ret pally doing 6k lock doing 8 druid doing 9 i averaged 12k as the tank. so yeah you could say it was THAT low!!!

It posts the length of time the fight took regardless of speed.

Also, if bosses went down and people didn't die, I see no problem. Everyone contributed and the run was going successfully, unless you wish to contradict yourself and say bosses didn't die?....

The problem here was the fact that you had to spend more time than you'd like in the run. One word, bro; RANDOM!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Because atm pugging instances and getting grps like this is ruining my gameplay, simple as really and i do believe that that is part of the T&C of the game and it's the game putting me in these grps so you are violating your own terms blizzard sort it and sort it fast or next year you'll have lost more than the few hundred thousand players you'll have lost millions!!!!!

Ah, the part where they force you to be antisocial and not go in with a premade group. I like that one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]