Transmogrifier requirement

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Dear Blizzard. Do not make the mistake of only allowing the appearence change to armor sets of which the player has owned at some point. Because then everyone will still be looking like clones of eachother. (Not many people will have owned an entire set of T1,T2,T3 etc etc.)

Thanks for reading

An awesome suggestion:
A great idea I saw someone write on this thread (page2?) was a requirement of atleast having killed the boss which would have dropped the item in question. If such a boss no longer exists because of the removal of older content or whatever reason, I personally suggests adding his item table to another existing older-content boss.
Edited by Androme on 17/08/2011 17:41 BST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Dear Blizzard. Please make it that you actually have to earn the piece of armor you want to wera. Giving Everybody everything is just not the way things should work.

Thx for listening.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Transmogrifier is cosmetic, in case you did not entirely understand the concept.

edit:
I also find your post quite funny coming from someone with barely any PvE or PvP experience at all.
Edited by Androme on 17/08/2011 16:38 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
17/08/2011 16:36Posted by Androme
Transmogrifier is cosmetic, in case you did not entirely understand the concept.

Yeah, and you should have to have the piece of gear you want to show (say T2) in your possession to wear it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
wow becasue this needed its own topic. /facedeck
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Yeah, and you should have to have the piece of gear you want to show (say T2) in your possession to wear it.

I would explain to you in detail how much you fail but I fear that even my superior skills in English is not enough. So I'll try to keep it short: You're saying that I should own an armor set to be able to wear it, of course dear. But the thing is, Transmogrifier doesn't make you wear another set of armor, it changes the appearence of the armor set that you're currently wearing. And there's nothing wrong with that, Transmogrifiering your armor set to T2 will never be anything compared to owning an entire set of T2.
Edited by Androme on 17/08/2011 16:41 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
17/08/2011 16:36Posted by Androme

Even if it's cosmetic, gear model is still a symbol; it can be a symbol of how long you have been playing, what bosses you killed...etc. So it would be wrong to give a player the option to use a model of gear they never had in their possession.

Unless you support Goldshire nabcakes running around in t12 hc loot?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
17/08/2011 16:40Posted by Androme
And there's nothing wrong with that, Transmogrifiering your armor set to T2 will never be anything compared to owning an entire set of T2.

I'll just quote this and leave people to post their opinions.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
17/08/2011 16:40Posted by Androme
You're saying that I should own an armor set to be able to wear it, of course dear. But the thing is, Transmogrifier doesn't make you wear another set of armor, it changes the appearence of the armor set that you're currently wearing. And there's nothing wrong with that, Transmogrifiering your armor set to T2 will never be anything compared to owning an entire set of T2.

I'm saying that to wear a certain armour set and to display it to others you should have to own it, yes. No need for insults, they are opinions. Basically this:
Dear Blizzard. Please make it that you actually have to earn the piece of armor you want to wear. Giving Everybody everything is just not the way things should work.

You shouldn't get pretty armour for free.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
17/08/2011 16:44Posted by Alicè
You're saying that I should own an armor set to be able to wear it, of course dear. But the thing is, Transmogrifier doesn't make you wear another set of armor, it changes the appearence of the armor set that you're currently wearing. And there's nothing wrong with that, Transmogrifiering your armor set to T2 will never be anything compared to owning an entire set of T2.

I'm saying that to wear a certain armour set and to display it to others you should have to own it, yes. No need for insults, they are opinions. Basically this:
Dear Blizzard. Please make it that you actually have to earn the piece of armor you want to wear. Giving Everybody everything is just not the way things should work.

You shouldn't get pretty armour for free.

It might actually revive some of the older raid instances because players may want to have gear models from them. It certainly would give me a reason to collect t6.
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Warrior
You will have to gain the pieces, which is pretty obvious giving the fact there is a void storage bank to put the tier pieces in you're currently not transmorphing.
Edited by Harriet on 17/08/2011 16:48 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You will have to gain the pieces, which is pretty obvious giving the fact theres a void storage bank

This makes sense, but then again the developers said that they are still ''considering''. So we'll have to see, personally I see nothing wrong with no requirements to change to older looks. Because 99% of the raids into older content will pretty much be PuGs, and we all know how fair loot distribution will be in 100% of those PuGs.

edit:
Then again, people can solo those stuff now, so. lol.
Edited by Androme on 17/08/2011 16:52 BST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
OP, I'm having trouble following your reasoning.

People will still look like clones if they can't have access to older, now removed tier sets? Why? Besides, it wouldn't be the first time certain things were only available to people who have been playing longer. Look at the mounts. Loads have been removed, and if you see someone riding on them, that just means they have been playing for a very long while. Let them have their now unique little sets. What's the harm in that? (Besides, old tier sets have horrid textures anyway.)

There's still plenty left to choose from for the rest of us. In fact, I'm looking forward to farming old gear myself. I don't want to have it handed to me on a silver platter. I'm probably not even going to get tier sets on this toon, because I think none of the druid sets look very good on female tauren, with the exception perhaps of T11 or the current pvp set.

The one thing I myself am not happy about is the class type restriction. Plate can only be made to look like another piece of plate gear. I was actually looking forward to mixing some leather gear into my warrior's set. I can understand not wanting to allow for example, priests to wear plate. But if a class can wear a piece of gear that is of a lower type, why not let them transmogrify their gear that way?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
17/08/2011 16:52Posted by Rynanne
The one thing I myself am not happy about is the class type restriction. Plate can only be made to look like another piece of plate gear. I was actually looking forward to mixing some leather gear into my warrior's set. I can understand not wanting to allow for example, priests to wear plate. But if a class can wear a piece of gear that is of a lower type, why not let them transmogrify their gear that way?

I wasn't aware of such restrictions :S

I know I can only ever wear cloth but I certainly don't mind plate classes transmogrifying (what an awkward word to type) into mail/leather/cloth. They can equip the gear so I don't see why there should be a restriction.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

I know I can only ever wear cloth but I certainly don't mind plate classes transmogrifying (what an awkward word to type) into mail/leather/cloth. They can equip the gear so I don't see why there should be a restriction.

I think it would be a little demoralising to be trounced by a warrior in a dress.

As much as i would like the ability to change things in such a way, i can see why blizzard would restrict it. They at least want to keep a specific " look " for armor types even after transmog.

i wasn't awere firstuntil i see it on 1 of the milion topics about this
i was looking with athlas loot for cool gear for dk
i found this cloth bikini, now i hear i can't transmute my plate in it :<

Warrior's Embrace
There, a plate bikini for you.
Edited by Leonara on 17/08/2011 17:05 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

i wasn't awere firstuntil i see it on 1 of the milion topics about this
i was looking with athlas loot for cool gear for dk
i found this cloth bikini, now i hear i can't transmute my plate in it :<

Well it's better than nothing : /

Still a great update though, even with that restriction.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]