Update old race models!!

Hello Blizzard Entertainment and all readers connected to the World of Warcraft!
(Please read all the way to the bottom).
I am starting to get sick of watching the pixels from my main character (Akiresa), and I'm really wondering and impatiently waiting for that to change!
Sure you have been adding some new FEW changes to the old races, but when I compare the newer races with the old ones, the pixels scare me off from tasting real awesome gameplay.
Cataclysm has been a real blast, and everything looks so awesome, beautiful and astounding!
But when I see my main character, I get a little sad.. Because it looks like an old dirty tin can amongst the most beautiful patch of flowers..

I put this thread here because I want to be ABLE to roleplay ENJOYFULLY as a tauren, but instead I actually don't enjoy it that well.. I assume alot more people feel the same about their main characters that happens to be of the old models and characters. It's not like I don't say that ''old things have their charm'', though you are making money, so I assume you don't want your fans to get sad and your workers out of work! I hope I have made a little push into this project.. Of updating the old character models, and make them great like they should be!

By the way, it is GREAT that you offered ''NEW HAIRSTYLES'' to all the races.. Except the taurens that got more hornstyles! You said before the Cataclysm expansion was released: ''New hairstyles coming,'' and not ''new hornstyles'' coming... I looked forward to see updated, and good looking hairstyles, and I got... horns? Ó_ò Not to be rude or anything, but that was a serious ditch.. Of course I give you credit for working so hard on the hornstyles, but.. where are the hairstyles..? Because I can seriously see a female tauren with a big braid hanging down over one of her shoulders, or similar styles like the worgen females have. Bushy, high, long flat and hanging, several small braids, curly etc. 8) I would so want that..O3o

P.S - Even Riot, makers of the ever-growing League of Legends (Remake of DoTa) does, and you know what? They dont get about 20euro from well over 9million players every other month.. They survive on donations and micro-transactions.. And Blizz gets both the fee every other month from all gamers AND micro-transactions, you even sell clothes, games, figurines and god knows what!.. It's time for some change Blizzard. If a company like Riot can upgrade old models and textures.. I bet my hooves you also can!

If you agree on getting updates of the old characters, just write /sign.
Then I will take it that you are supporting this matter and that YOU that have read this do not have to repeat the things that already has been SAID. So just a bonk, or /sign will do. Oh and, help this thread to become a sticky if you wish so, then hopefully Blizzard will read this.
(and I hope that this won't go under the petition status.. then all this time is wasted for nothing)

I made this thread because well.. Desperation I guess, but also, I want my character to look just like I want it. We are all in the world unique, and it is often unique that we seek.
Edited by Akiresa on 31/08/2011 19:55 BST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Heard!
Reply Quote
Ugh have you seen the human female's thumbs? It looks like they broke it 10 times! Horrid!
Reply Quote
42 Troll Priest
I agree with this. It is odd and almost painful to look at the Goblins and Worgen because they are clearly given superior models compared to...for example, the Female Tauren. Hell, in Wrath of the Lich King, they gave the awesome models to Vrykuls but to nobody else...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
/signed
Reply Quote
Wait...instead of just whining about this to Blizzard randomly on the forums and then watching the thread die, why won't we try and make a petition instead? That is something that Blizzard MIGHT consider MAYBE taking a look at.
Reply Quote
06/08/2011 23:26Posted by Gardam
Wait...instead of just whining about this to Blizzard randomly on the forums and then watching the thread die, why won't we try and make a petition instead? That is something that Blizzard MIGHT consider MAYBE taking a look at.

Petition? I don't recognise the word.. Could you please explain it, and your thoughts about this?
Reply Quote
Sorry for being a bit blunt, but this has all that needs to be said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petition

In the basic terms, a petition is a paper with a request ("Please update the old race models") and the names of all the people who want this change. And I say that by sending a formal petition to Blizzard, we could maybe get our message through better than with random postings on forums.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
How would you go about and create such a petition, if not via. their own forums? Really, do tell. I'm as sick of the old models as everyone else is.
Reply Quote
72 Human Hunter
you actually think blizzard bothers reading our forums
Reply Quote
They do read our forums. They have also responded a several times if they find the subject interesting.
Reply Quote
23 Human Warlock
They have said they want too update the old models, but they want too do so carefully, as there are very likely a lot of people who do NOT want the models updated (trust me, there are, i don't have a exact number, but there always is) thus it is something we are likely too see, it will probably take a while before it happens though.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Give human women less confused faces. Please.
And get rid of muscules for human men, too!
Reply Quote
67 Night Elf Priest
I'm adding my voice hear, too. I'd like to see some updates on older models (female tauren, both genders of humans, for starters). I might take some work, yes, but it would also increace the people's interest on WoW . And it wouldn't be first visual update Blizzard has done - we got the new racial totems for each individual races some time ago, and I believe that humans have gone through one visual update already..
Edited by Vanafaniel on 07/08/2011 10:20 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Good idea, but I would also like it only to add or well.....Make it look a little better, since there's some model's I personally like, meanwhile as there's some that I really hate.
See the blood elf female with really really thin chin's? Yea, well they look like cheap w-....You know the word!
Edit ;
You know like many other games, like the gladiator one sword's and sandal's, well.....I would like to add the part with the body growing but of the muscles instead.
A mage shouldn't be all muscular, but a warrior should, make the spellcasters/hunter's body grow a little slower, meanwhile as melee grow's their body muscular faster? Would change the roleplay experience much more when it comes to bodyfigures, atleast gives me a rather realistic feeling about the fact that mages(and other spellcasters) usually don't go hand to hand combat.
Edited by Aedonaxx on 07/08/2011 11:22 BST
Reply Quote
/agree I mean, it's cool they added voices to the roar and !@#$...but you know the orc's face looks like it's been hit by a bus 1000 times
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Yush!

And to add: if people don't like the model update, make it optionalable, meaning you can turn down and up the model's details. Just so we can get less complains..
Reply Quote
07/08/2011 06:25Posted by Melrina
They have said they want too update the old models, but they want too do so carefully, as there are very likely a lot of people who do NOT want the models updated (trust me, there are, i don't have a exact number, but there always is) thus it is something we are likely too see, it will probably take a while before it happens though.

You are completely right, but since WoW is an advancing game that IS moving forward, it is a shame to have them remain in the past, I don't know if Blizzard is proud to see the old models of WoW, they do what they find is right. What I though can say, to try and keep the people that want to keep their OLD models or the NEW ones, I suggest this:

1. The people that want updated models, can recieve a quest that leads them to the barber! You might find some new features you like, you make your cut and voilá! Updated!
2. And those that do NOT want the update, can just let the quest be.

Though this can be a bit difficult to do since I can imagine glitches or something, I am not too familiar with coding etc.

Otherwise Blizzard can send out a ''Character creation add'' here on their website, that MAYBE with the majority votes decide if there will be new models or not.
The character creator would be exact like the one in WoW, just that you can freely browse the difference between the new and the old models. I think that this can even make the people on the ''do NOT want'' list to change their mind, but then the update must catch their interest!
Reply Quote
Everyone new to WoW.. You know what they pick..?
Worgens!! Blood elves!! Goblins!! And prolly Draenei!!

Why?!?
''Cus they are sexier..''
Well what about us that don't give a s*** about those features??
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Human models need updating desperately. All the old races do... But really I'm sick of my male human characters having to have facial hair so I don't want to tear out my eyes at the sight of herp derp faces. Some of the animations could do with updating as well. The night elf male single target animation for spells. Ugh. It stopped me from rolling a nelf mage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]