Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes Vote Thread

85 Worgen Warlock
Topic.

5 out of 5 stars since i saw it in the cinema with my sister yesteday, totally blew me away.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Really want to see it, but just by watching the trailer, I already give it 5 out of 5
Reply Quote
4 Troll Hunter
Haven't seen it but i already give it 3/10
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
15/08/2011 10:28Posted by Elokipa
Haven't seen it but i already give it 3/10

^ Idiot

Just saw it. I'd give it 9/10.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Like so many films it tries to capture the spirit of the original film and fails. Ok, its tense and has nice CGI but thats it. It can't be taken serious, chew your popcorn and forget you watched it afterwards.
Reply Quote
4 Troll Hunter
^ Idiot

Just saw it. I'd give it 9/10.

People with 'The Dark Knight' as favourite movie of all time will give it high rank.

People who actually watch real films will give it 7-8/10 at max for being an entertaining movie.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Watched it a few days ago. Its a bit emo at times, but still really good.

Best movie of the summer imo.

16/08/2011 00:37Posted by Incabula
Like so many films it tries to capture the spirit of the original film and fails. Ok, its tense and has nice CGI but thats it. It can't be taken serious, chew your popcorn and forget you watched it afterwards.

In what way did it try to capture the feel of the original movie? It felt like a totally different type of movie all together. Did you even watch it? :s
Or are you just over romanticizing the first 2 planet of the apes movies.

It cant be taken serious? You do realize its "Planet of the Apes" we are talking about right and not some intellectual historical drama?
Edited by Lísc on 16/08/2011 18:52 BST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
16/08/2011 09:15Posted by Elokipa
People who actually watch real films will give it 7-8/10 at max for being an entertaining movie.

Opinion is the inbred cousin of fact. Don't get them mixed up.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
In what way did it try to capture the feel of the original movie? It felt like a totally different type of movie all together. Did you even watch it? :s
Or are you just over romanticizing the first 2 planet of the apes movies.

1. I saw it.
2. Its a prequel to the original film and its 4 sequels. I'm not counting the version starring Mark Wahlberg.
3. I'm not romanticizing it. The first film was ok, but Charlton Heston ruins it, like almost every film he played in. He's the version of John Wayne without charisma. So its crap too. Nice story blasted by bad acting.
4. If you watched it, you might have noticed the many references they made with the original film: names, items etc. Enough signs of trying to find a connection to the original.

16/08/2011 18:42Posted by Lísc
It cant be taken serious? You do realize its "Planet of the Apes" we are talking about right and not some intellectual historical drama?

Exactly. So I chewed my popcorn and almost forgot it, even the pseudo-serious "Mans cure turns into their doomsday device" theme.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]