This appearance thing

85 Undead Warrior
I want a function adding to turn this stuff off.
I don't want to see people in a custom pink fluffy spider man costume
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well luckily for you a pink fluffy spiderman costume doesn't exist in the game.
85 Undead Warrior
18/08/2011 09:06Posted by Jen
Well luckily for you a pink fluffy spiderman costume doesn't exist in the game.

spiderman = zg warrior set pre-bc anyone?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
18/08/2011 09:00Posted by Glitch

And I don't want to see people in mismatched armour but we can't all have what we want can we.
85 Undead Warrior
18/08/2011 09:09Posted by Alicè

And I don't want to see people in mismatched armour but we can't all have what we want can we.

But a simple button to disable this?!
Not that hard.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
18/08/2011 09:12Posted by Glitch

From Jito:
On a philosophical level, WoW is one game, and it is the same game for everyone.

When I disable my cloak's look in the interface options menu, then its look is disabled to other players as well. And that makes sense. Because in real-life, and in WoW, you can only have one appearance. Have you ever met anyone, in life or in a game, that had multiple appearances at the same time?

Beyond that, then the items in WoW revolve just as much around power as they revolve around identification. Players want to be in charge of how other players should see them - that is the whole foundation for the Transmogrifier and why players have requested it.
I want that other players see my character the way I want it to look like. That is a very core thing in MMOs, because we identify ourselves so much with our characters.
Not having control over how your character appears to other players in an MMO is loss of identity. And that just doesn't work, because MMOs revolve around the notion of being able to "show off" (in the good sense of the expression!).
You can't touch that area, because it's such a core pillar to MMO games in particular. No MMO games allow you to choose how you want other players to look like, because the players always want to choose that themselves.
Edited by Alicè on 18/08/2011 09:14 BST
85 Goblin Warrior
How about no. I want everyone to see my custom pink fluffy spider man costume.
85 Undead Warrior
18/08/2011 09:14Posted by Alicè

From Jito:
On a philosophical level, WoW is one game, and it is the same game for everyone.

When I disable my cloak's look in the interface options menu, then its look is disabled to other players as well. And that makes sense. Because in real-life, and in WoW, you can only have one appearance. Have you ever met anyone, in life or in a game, that had multiple appearances at the same time?

Beyond that, then the items in WoW revolve just as much around power as they revolve around identification. Players want to be in charge of how other players should see them - that is the whole foundation for the Transmogrifier and why players have requested it.
I want that other players see my character the way I want it to look like. That is a very core thing in MMOs, because we identify ourselves so much with our characters.
Not having control over how your character appears to other players in an MMO is loss of identity. And that just doesn't work, because MMOs revolve around the notion of being able to "show off" (in the good sense of the expression!).
You can't touch that area, because it's such a core pillar to MMO games in particular. No MMO games allow you to choose how you want other players to look like, because the players always want to choose that themselves.

You don't get it.
What you quoted is fine, but me as a player, i want the option. like i have the option to turn off guild tags and titles, and the profanity filter
so i want to be able to turn this off.
90 Blood Elf Priest
You don't get it.
What you quoted is fine, but me as a player, i want the option. like i have the option to turn off guild tags and titles, and the profanity filter

And I want to be able to turn off male gnomes because their appearance sometimes gives me the creeps but we can't always get what we want.
88 Gnome Warrior
I want... and that's not a valid argument.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I want everyone to see how ive customized my gear otherwise the feature is pointless. I'm already in the process of making a set that i think looks awesome for a blood elf hunter and way better then the fail that is hunter T12.

It's being restricted aswell so you wont see a warrior tanking in a pink dress. You can only use your classes armor and sets.
85 Undead Warrior
You don't get it.

And I want to be able to turn off male gnomes because their appearance sometimes gives me the creeps but we can't always get what we want.

pointless
85 Undead Warrior
I want everyone to see how ive customized my gear otherwise the feature is pointless. I'm already in the process of making a set that i think looks awesome for a blood elf hunter and way better then the fail that is hunter T12.

It's being restricted aswell so you wont see a warrior tanking in a pink dress. You can only use your classes armor and sets.

I can read thank you, i know how it will work. i just don't want it.
Not that hard is it?

18/08/2011 09:30Posted by Esiola
I want... and that's not a valid argument.

Argument? Learn the word.
90 Blood Elf Priest

pointless

Just as pointless as your "disable button".
90 Blood Elf Paladin
18/08/2011 09:35Posted by Glitch
pointless

This is basically the same. "I don't want to see something in game, therefore disable it."
On that note I'd like an option to disable clothing on all female Draeneis.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
18/08/2011 09:41Posted by Alicè
pointless

This is basically the same. "I don't want to see something in game, therefore disable it."
On that note I'd like an option to disable clothing on all female Draeneis.

& female Belfs.
Community
I want a function adding to turn this stuff off.

Many players currently wear alternative items while hanging out in cities such as seasonal outfits, role-play gear etc. Other players, as Alicè pointed out, have gear that doesn't match and maybe doesn't look as cool as a full set could, so you're already exposed to a variety of looks on characters.

This feature will allow players to refine how their character looks, use nice-looking gear that may be sitting gathering dust in the bank perhaps. Of course, your idea of nice-looking may vary from other people's, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

Seriously, though, if your main reason for disliking this feature is fear of a sudden influx of ridiculous outfits, please know that we plan to restrict transmogrification a little in regards to armor types. For instance, if a character is wearing plate, they won't be able to make it look like a cloth dress, and vice versa, armor types are locked. So you shouldn't see too many Warriors taking on a boss in a pink evening gown.

Anyway, what's wrong with the ZG set? It's cool!
90 Blood Elf Priest
Why can't I give Blue Posts a thumbs up? :(
85 Troll Hunter
AoE
People will ALWAYS complain.

/sigh
85 Draenei Warrior
How I look now > everyone else
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]