Updated Void Storage and Bag Search Images

Community
We've added some new images to our Void Storage preview which show off the updated UI for Void Storage vaults, as well as the new bag search feature in action. Let us know what you think!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2817227#blog

Also, just to clear up a few points of confusion:

Void Storage vaults will be per character, not per account. We're still very interested in providing a way for players to share BoA items cross-realm, but there are a number of technological milestones we need to reach before we can make that kind of service available.

The prices for unlocking a Void Storage vault, depositing items, and withdrawing items are still under discussion. The values shown in the blog screenshots should not be considered final.

You don't need to place an item in Void Storage in order to use it for Transmogrification. The systems are completely separate. They're designed to complement one another, but not require each other.

Most tabards will be eligible for Void Storage (excluding a few which cannot become soulbound to a character).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
22/08/2011 13:25Posted by Takralus
Most tabards will be eligible for Void Storage (excluding a few which cannot become soulbound to a character).

Weren't there plans for a Tabard-collection UI? So you could switch out in the world? Isn't that one of the main reasons for having tabards?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Rogue
Quite a late post to the EU forum, isn't it, Takralus? :P

Either way, hopefully this'll slightly lessen the thread spam on Void Storage + Transmogrification.
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
85 Draenei Shaman
That bag search feature is full of awesome.... !!!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
22/08/2011 13:34Posted by Shammoz

Here's to hoping it'll work as well as it's claiming to.

The prices for unlocking a Void Storage vault, depositing items, and withdrawing items are still under discussion. The values shown in the blog screenshots should not be considered final.

Will these fees be consistently higher the more items you deposit? Or will it stay with a set amount of money for each slot filled.
(kind of like the extra bag slots for banks, but with less of a increase, I'm hoping)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I do very deeply hope blizz's discussion of the Void Storage transactions results in that number being lowered , a potential 8K is not something I look forward to spending.
Other than that.. Looks awesome :D

And yes, that bag search is all kinds of win.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
<snip>

How about an "already known/worn" feature for tabards, similar to pets and mounts?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Hopefully a bit cheaper. :(
Thanks for the post though. :)
Reply Quote
Meh. Don't really care about the whole 4.3 thing.

Might use it to troll people though.

*ponders* Yeah that could work.

Hmm, I can think of one use for me. Transmogging tank t11 shoulders onto my healing 353 shoulders so it looks like I have the set.

Hell yeah.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I like the idea, but i think every pally in the world will be in t2, not me though t8 all the way :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
last screenshot it was 100g shown to deposit/withdraw a item..new screenshot is 600g..so its assumed we will need to be at the gold cap to deposit a few old sets of gear?

Posted by Takralus

for the love of god I hope not
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
22/08/2011 13:30Posted by Frankensteen

Weren't there plans for a Tabard-collection UI? So you could switch out in the world? Isn't that one of the main reasons for having tabards?

this x10^19
Reply Quote
73 Human Death Knight
I wonder if blizzard will ever consider a multi location hearthstone (only 3 locations or so with seperate cooldowns for each) would make daily quests easier
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
22/08/2011 13:34Posted by Shammoz

I use T-Bag addon and not only does it search but all your items appear in one window.

Anyway I have a question, if you put a BoE that is soulbound (like Hurricane, for instance) in void storage does it become unbound to you? If they are storing the item number only surely this would happen. I would love to be able to pay a fee and get an item like this unsoulbounded.
Edited by Dottie on 23/08/2011 11:44 BST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Anyway I have a question, if you put a BoE that is soulbound (like Hurricane, for instance) in void storage does it become unbound to you? If they are storing the item number only surely this would happen. I would love to be able to pay a fee and get an item like this unsoulbounded.

All items in Void Storage are soulbound. In fact, that's a prerequisite for depositing an item:
That said, the main requirement for an item to eligible for Void Storage is that it's soulbound.
- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973396420?page=11#218

From a technical standpoint, I assume there's no need to store a 'soulbound variable' beause all values will default to true :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
But what about items that started out as BoE, not BoP, and you use them, then they become soulbound, that specifically is what I am asking.

or can you only put BoP items in there.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Void Storage vaults will be per character, not per account.
PLEASE, make it account wide. This way, we can grind the items on one toon, and transmogrify it on another.. Everything else seems pointless..

If the Void Storage remains character specific, it will simply be additional bank-slots (albeit a bit price heavy), and that is in direct opposition to what you state is the intention of Void Storage.

If you are afraid that people will send BoP items from one toon to another, simply make BoP items impossible to withdraw or only let depositer withdraw it again.
BoA and non-bound items could then be possible to withdraw on any toon..

One thing that strikes me very odd: Price for BOTH deposit AND withdraw..
This will make people feel cheated.. You pay to store an item, and then you pay to get it back?? Where does that pracsis come from? I've never heard of that IRL..
If we (for the example) assume that price is 100g each, then please change it to 200g for deposit, and 0g for withdraw.
Then it will be an equal gold sink (actually a bit bigger, as many items will never be withdrawn), and people won't feel cheated by paying for the same service TWICE..
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
wow what a game changing content
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]