So, about that button to disable transmogrification

90 Undead Rogue
Because I prefer watching the real game, instead of some random kid's idea of a funny outfit.

Sadly for you blizzard decides what the real game is.

Not you.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Welcome, to the real... game.

Nobody can tell you what the warcraft is, you have to experience it for yourself.

I mean... what's your game?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
23/08/2011 15:06Posted by Leonara
Because I prefer watching the real game, instead of some random kid's idea of a funny outfit.

Not you.

Luckily we still have a PTR and are involved in a process where we can actually try and get things changed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
23/08/2011 15:09Posted by Zippi

Not you.

Luckily we still have a PTR and are involved in a process where we can actually try and get things changed.

You have already gotten an answer from a blue in this thread that renders your argument "I dont want to see ppl wielding fishes in dresses" argument as invalid.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

You have already gotten an answer from a blue in this thread that renders your argument "I dont want to see ppl wielding fishes in dresses" argument as invalid.

I don't want to see them wielding farmer's brooms either, I want to see how strong people are based on their gear. Like the game was designed to do. I want to see the gear that matches the actual raid it's from as well.

What I don't want, is the playerbase to do the artdirection for my game.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Look, I wear a Fishing Hat and a Fishing Pole, hopefully that's not too silly for you.

On a more serious note, what about adding a button to disable the ability of others to disable your transmogrified outfit? After all, that button is only there to disable "funny looking" outfits and what if I were like... dead serious about my outfit? Come on, I'm like the most serious fisherman out there and would even dual-wield fishing poles if Titan's Grip would allow it.

You can't override the choice people make for displaying their cloak or helm, either. And that's the only comparison that's viable! They choose how they want their character to be displayed within the boundaries of the User Interface. Of course it's pretty much silly to wear a hat which nobody can see. Or a cloak. After all, these items are not invisible, yet the individual player can choose freely whether he wants it displayed or not.

The same freedom of choice should be given regarding transmogrification. There will be a (rather strict) set of rules as to which items are eligible for transmogrification, which is enough to keep the silly outfits in line. You won't be able to cover it all, but then again... what's wrong with a (deadly serious) troll warrior dual-wielding fishing poles?

Edit:
I don't want to see them wielding farmer's brooms either, I want to see how strong people are based on their gear. Like the game was designed to do. I want to see the gear that matches the actual raid it's from as well.

The art is in game. The players will not be allowed to be displayed in weapons or armor which they can not wear otherwise or which they did never obtain. It's most likely that transmogrification will be disabled in Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds (which has yet to be determined, but I suppose so). And you can still see the power of any given player when inspecting him and hovering over the items with your mouse. Or just use addons like PlayerScore.

As for the art direction of "your" game, it's all art that is implemented and available. You are confronted with it every day. Players hang around in full T1, T2, T6, T10, SX, D2 or whatever set they like most in OG or SW every day. You effectively force players who choose transmogrification for displaying their style for the whole gaming community to not use transmogrification at all, but instead carry that stuff around all day long and put it on whenever suitable. Which is what they are doing now. And why transmogrification and Void Storage are being added. And why there is no sense whatsoever in requesting such a button.
Edited by Krostas on 23/08/2011 15:32 BST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
What I don't want, is the playerbase to do the artdirection for my game

Sadly this argument as always.

Is invalid.

This isn't your game. Stop using your head as a suppository and realise this game has more than you in it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I'll be making a ticket each and every day until I have that button.
I've allready seen everyone run around in al tiers. My character has progressed 6years and wants to see the progress in the world around her. I pay Blizzard to make new art and give me a new sense of progression every expansion/major patch.

1) There is no negatieve effect for moggers if you give players this option. They can mog, we can have original art. This way EVERYONE gets what they wanted. That's perfection.
2) Anyone who ever played an MMO with such a freedom in custom character design, allready knows that the player base will be making rediculous and very ugly designs.
Most of them just want to stand out and it wil end with everyone wanting to be very shiny and bright with ludicrous items. I'm 100% sure this will be the result because it has been like that in each and every other mmo with custom clothing. WoW players won't be any different from all the other players.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
23/08/2011 15:26Posted by Celuna

What a waste of GMs time.
23/08/2011 15:26Posted by Celuna
I pay Blizzard to make new art and give me a new sense of progression every expansion/major patch.

No, you pay Blizzard for access to the servers. No more no less.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
23/08/2011 14:53Posted by Takralus
As you know, armour types will also be locked, preventing tanks in cloth dresses for example.

Of course, plate dresses, now that's another story... You know, like the paladin tiers.
Edited by Ungulant on 23/08/2011 15:28 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

He said fishes, frying pans and the like. What do you want? For him to link every dam item they are planning on not making avaliable for transmoggi. You are just sounding sillier and sillier for every post you make mate.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I pay Blizzard to make new art and give me a new sense of progression every expansion/major patch.

It´s no use Alice. This guy clearly has the "whole world revolves around me" complex. The same as the OP.
Edited by Duzell on 23/08/2011 15:33 BST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
23/08/2011 15:27Posted by Alicè

Not only a waste of their time but a pretty sure way to get an account infraction sooner or later for GM harassment even.
I strongly advise against any such behavior.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

It´s no use Alice. This guy clearly has the "whole world revolves around me" complex. The same as the OP.

You mean like you guys, who don't even want to give a few people a button to disable circus-mode? Do you actually have any arguments at all, about why this would hurt you. Any at all?
Are you afraid the majority of players will disable the results of your transmogging? And if you are, wouldn't that mean the option itself is a bad one?

He said fishes, frying pans and the like. What do you want? For him to link every dam item they are planning on not making avaliable for transmoggi. You are just sounding sillier and sillier for every post you make mate.

You read the first ten words of my post and then skipped the rest of it.
Edited by Zippi on 23/08/2011 15:36 BST
Reply Quote
69 Goblin Hunter
certain items will not be available to transmogrify, including fish as weapons, and other items such as frying pans,

[item="Spider Splatter Mace" /] Why wont you allow me to use that? Why cant that be a weapon?

Bloody item link difficulty.. I'm just giving you a link instead: http://www.wowhead.com/item=62178
Edited by Kaliboks on 23/08/2011 15:36 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

You mean like you guys, who don't even want to give a few people a button to disable circus-mode? Do you actually have any arguments at all, about why this would hurt you. Any at all?
Are you afraid the majority of players will disable the results of your transmogging? And if you are, wouldn't that mean the option itself is a bad one?

We have already said that making a disable button would make the servers more laggy as every armor set have to be loaded twice on the server, Once for the transmoggied version and once ofr the original. What you are asking is for them to make the game more laggy for EVERYONE to appease YOU and the small group of ppl thinking like you. So yes asking for blizzard to change a patch just so it will suit you does in fact count as "whole world revolve around me" complex. =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Do you actually have any arguments at all, about why this would hurt you. Any at all?

Good gosh. We've seen your arguments, you've seen ours (even if you haven't accepted them as real arguments like some have to yours).
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Do you actually have any arguments at all, about why this would hurt you. Any at all?

Good gosh. We've seen your arguments, you've seen ours (even if you haven't accepted them as real arguments like some have to yours).

Can you just restate them to refresh my leaky memory, then?
Reply Quote
62 Worgen Death Knight
We've already stated that it's likely certain items will not be available to transmogrify, including fish as weapons, and other items such as frying pans, for this very reason.

So frying pans are OK to implement and use while leveling if you get them as quest rewards, but continued use of them at maximum level is suddenly something that needs to be forbidden. I don't really see the logic.

And while we're at it what about rolling pins? Will I be able to make my
Cookie's Tenderizer to look like Cookie's Tenderizer again?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]