Friends account banned, stupid reason.

(Locked)

85 Human Death Knight
Greatings Blizzard.

I am making a friend on behalf of my friends account, who just got a 3 day suspension for a stupid reason. He believes that the GM who banned him obviously is abusing the power, or had a bad day, because my friend seems to think he hasn't done anything wrong.
My friend was making a ticket about some stupid behavior of another player that was unexceptable! He reported this 2 weeks ago. The other players didn't believe that he was reporting them, and so my friend copy/pasted the ticket in /s to them so that they could see. Now he had a 3 day suspension for apparently harrasing..?

The email:
Battle.net Account Name: X
World of Warcraft Account Name: X
Type of Violation: Harassment
Category of Violation: Harassing Defamatory
Account Action: 72 Hour Suspension
Character Name Involved: X
Details: [Friends character name} said in /say:
"Who want's to read my ticket? X told me to 'suck his @**#' at 3:11PM server time.
Xcalled me a 'noob' and a 'chicken' at 3:15PM just because I beat him in a duel."
&
" X called me a 'noob' and a 'chicken' at 3:15PM just because I beat him in a duel. Then I told him I reported him and he said 'you must be !#*#@'."

The email, itself doesn't make sense, as it simply repeats itself twice, but in a different way of saying it.

The GM that banned him obviously is either new to the job, doesn't know the rules, had a bad day, or is a very cruel person, because I don't see how the hell he broke any rules here.

Pathetic.
90 Night Elf Druid
First off, if he did say what he has been quoted as saying, then the ban is perfectly correct: he swore in public chat (against the rules) and was making defamatory remarks about another player ("X said/did Y" where Y is against the rules). There was no need for him to make them believe he was reporting them other than to 'flame-bait'. All in all, the whole thing was in very bad taste and very much so against the rules and worthy of a small suspension.

Secondly, if your friend wishes to contest the action, he can do so by reading the rest of the e-mail and following the appeal instructions therein.
90 Human Mage
"X called me a 'noob' and a 'chicken"

I get called this all the time!!

LOL
100 Night Elf Druid
23/08/2011 23:51Posted by Auzei
I don't see how the hell he broke any rules here.

Terms of Use:
http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/legal/wow_tou.html

When engaging in Chat in World of Warcraft, or otherwise utilizing World of Warcraft, you may not:
(1) Transmit or post any content or use any language, in writing or orally, which, in the sole and absolute discretion of Blizzard Entertainment, is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above;

91 Human Warlock
Your friend got a ban for using a rude word in /say by the looks of it and he got duped into saying it. It is his fault he said rude words in chat and it is against the rules, hence the ban.
Customer Service
I unfortunately do not have access to the facts of this particular incident at this point, so I can't really comment on what really happened. However, from your post here I can see several policy violations which would likely provide us with cause to suspend an account.

Defamatory and inappropriate comments in public chat are matters that we take very seriously. I realise what your friend may have been trying to do, but it would still count as a serious policy violation.

I would advise that in the future your friend simply make the ticket, place the 'offender' on ignore and move on with their adventures. There is no need to 'prove' anything to anyone.

For more information, have a read of our Spotlight article on Harassment here:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900641032

If your friend sincerely believes that the decision was unjust or a mistake has been made he is free to state his case through the usual channels.
Edited by Natryndon on 24/08/2011 13:02 BST
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]